IGNORED

Poll: List of reputable sellers on Ebay?...

Note: This thread is 4924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Should there be a list of legit ebay sellers?

• Definitely
    • Not worth it
    • indifferent

Can we make this thread a sticky and have a post with a list of legit ebay sellers?

3balls is great...I haven't won anything off their eBay but I've made a number of online purchases and they always left me satisfied and smiling.

I also got a new Nike Sumo 5000 Driver from golfetail and I got a new bag from bidchick14 ...she sent me the wrong color but actually paid me $40 to have the bag sent back and for my troubles, which basically took off about 1/3 of the price for me...

• 1 year later...
Trying to get a list going so people can find this thread and not have to do as much research as I have put into it the last couple of days.
Tried to scour as many ebay / internet golf equipment provider threads on here and here is what I came up with so far as being legit online shops:

Online shops:
The Golf Warehouse (TGW)
Carl's Golfland
Global Golf
World of Golf
Budget Golf
GPP Golf
Rockbottomgolf

eBay:
golfetail
timtheputterman
Dallasgolf
The Golf Habit
GPP Golf
GolfMartOnline
ProGolfDeals

Went onto ebay today to see some iron sets and saw these ebay shops can anyone confirm these as legit ?
Tee2Green
Grandslam Sports
GuruGolf-Ltd

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

I'm not 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure GuruGolf has come up either here or on another forum as not being legit.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Rockbottomgolf is pretty fast with their shipping too, 2-3 days. Ive ordered on Tuesday and received by Friday. I assume most of the bigger sellers are equally as fast as that gets repeat customers, nobody wants to wait 2-3 weeks to receive something and they have the staff to get orders together and shipped quickly. Ordering from an individual who does ebay on the side will probably result in longer wait times for shipping and resolving a problem if one comes up as they're not always available because they're busy. And the larger sellers make so much money that they can afford to take a hit to make a customer happy.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

It'd be nice to have a list like that. I think the sheer volume of sellers & products makes it unlikely though.

I just make sure i ask lots of questions & check feedback. I have a couple of powersellers that i deal with often & some smaller private ones. I've even emailed callaway canada before to ask their opinion on what turned out to be counterfeit.

The Golf Warehouse is where my money goes often. For good reason.

As for Ebay, good luck. After my experiences and what I have read in recent months, like page 70 in the Nov Golf Digest, I won't be buying any clubs on Ebay.

For online retailers, you left off two of the biggest players, Edwin Watts and Golfsmith.

-Dan

With eBay you just have to be really careful and use some common sense. I've bought from both big eBay stores (RBG, GolfEtail, GlobalGolf, 3balls) as well as private sellers. As far as private sellers go, you just really have to look at their feedback and make sure that they have plenty of pictures. I've only bought used clubs from private sellers.

You just gotta realize that if you see a set of brand new set of AP2s for $200 or whatever then they're fake... I realize that there are a lot of counterfeits out there but really if more people used some common sense then it would be less of a problem.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You just gotta realize that if you see a set of brand new set of AP2s for $200 or whatever then they're fake... I realize that there are a lot of counterfeits out there but really if more people used some common sense then it would be less of a problem.

Most shops have tm burner plus irons on sale for $ 399. The ebayers have them for $279. Is that price out of line? That is what I am having trouble with. How to decide what is unreasonable. I'm not in the golf industry so not sure what the normal markups are.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

Sure, it could be a legit deal. I would also check Golfsmith, Edwin Watts, The Golf Warehouse, and Carl's Golf. All great folks to deal with in my experience. Ebay could be a way to get a good deal. Sure. But there is a 4 billion dollar a year fake golf club marker according to a recent Golf Digest. Obviously, a big part of this is sold on Ebay as it is such a worldwide favorite online market. I would google the name of the ebay seller/store and words like fraud, fake, scam, etc.. In doing so, if they (by their current name at least) are known to be fakes, you may just find some info. I did this recently when someone was asking about an Ebay vender and got tons of info. Research a bit online and see if you can find anything out either way on the seller. No telling how many folks have fake clubs in their bags and don't even know it. Read the article on page 70 in the Nov Golf Digest if you think you can tell fake clubs from real clubs by their appearance. I could not tell the difference.

-Dan

i buy and sell often on ebay. with any product, if you ask the seller for a serial # and they cannot or will not provide it i do not bid. i would fear this type of thing to discourage buyers to buy from individuals like myself and move to "ebay interprises" like 3 balls and rockbottom which are good companies.
fyi-3 balls gets most of its used stock from dicks sporting goods trade ins...
my 2 cents
wayne

Sure, it could be a legit deal. I would also check Golfsmith, Edwin Watts, The Golf Warehouse, and Carl's Golf. All great folks to deal with in my experience. Ebay could be a way to get a good deal. Sure. But there is a 4 billion dollar a year fake golf club marker according to a recent Golf Digest. Obviously, a big part of this is sold on Ebay as it is such a worldwide favorite online market. I would google the name of the ebay seller/store and words like fraud, fake, scam, etc.. In doing so, if they (by their current name at least) are known to be fakes, you may just find some info. I did this recently when someone was asking about an Ebay vender and got tons of info. Research a bit online and see if you can find anything out either way on the seller. No telling how many folks have fake clubs in their bags and don't even know it. Read the article on page 70 in the Nov Golf Digest if you think you can tell fake clubs from real clubs by their appearance. I could not tell the difference.

You continue to talk about the article on page 70. It is an opinion piece from bomb and gouge. There is no factual evidence in the article and it doesn't even talk about ebay. There are no statistics on ebay purchases or any other online golf store. Save your scare tactics for the uniformed. That is fine that you don't want to purchase on ebay. It is ok that you are scared and don't realize the simple solution to protecting yourself is using a CC instead of a bank account. Stop trying to spread the fear.

It's irrelevant whether a seller with 100% feedback on say, 500 items is more reputable than a seller with 100% feedback with 100 items: if the item is faked, and usually with golf-clubs, the fakers are real good now, then how does the seller actually know themselves if it's legit or not??

I asked one seller, 700 items sold with 99.5% feedback a few questions on a TaylorMade R9 460 SuperTri TP , with Fujikora Motore 65 stiff shaft which he was selling for a measly £220 / $350...so right off the bat, alarm bells are ringing.
I asked him:
1 - Does it have a wrench
2 - What shape is the FCT screw
3 - What's the serial number
4 - Why he was using a stock photo and not actual photos of the club in his Ebay advert

He said he wasn't selling it with a wrench (no explanation given), that the FCT sleeve was the 'Tour-version' and he gave me some randon numbers and letters (which, if you check on TaylorMade's website, doesn't actually guarantee an item's authenticity)
The reason he gave for it being such a low cost was that it was a brand new club that had clear tape wrapped acrioss the face for demo-purposes, which, when removed, had also took away some of the white paint-fill.
Oh yeah, and if i wanted to see actual photos, he'd happily email them to me....

Yeah, right...given that TaylorMade are the most faked golf manufacturer of all-time, I decided not to buy....
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Note: This thread is 4924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!