IGNORED

What is the strongest/weakest part of your game?

Rojo0416
Note: This thread is 5744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It varies day to day for me. Sometimes I drive the ball well and hit good irons, but I can't seem to putt that day. Sometimes I putt great, but struggle to get off the tee. Of driving, irons, and short game; I will typically have 2 out of the 3 working great and struggle with the other.

this is me to a tee... although last week it all came together for an easy 75 where I still left a few shots on the course.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Lately I have finally gotten the driver under control and started hitting it as straight as I ever have. Promptly thereafter I lost all abilities to putt or hit my long or mid irons. Crap!

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I thin mine isnt a club or a type of shot but my consistently, like today after 5 holes was 2 under, by end of nine was +1 and by the end of the round was +12!! Just cant manage to keep the good shots going. Really starting to get frustrating.

Driver - SQ SUMO2 9.5 stiff
3 Wood - SQ SUMO2 15* stiff
Hybrid SQ SUMO2 20* stiff
Irons - CCi steel stiff
Wedge - 56*Wedge - Knight 60*Putter - ITraxBall - platinum+Black but soon to be switching to pr0v1 SG 2.5

needs work - driving
working good (today) - 150yd and in
never satisfied - putting

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Strong: Driver, hybrids, 6-PW inside 180
Weak: 4 and 5 iron, chipping
Improving: mental game, course management, putting

--
Tee it high, let it fly!

MP-600, Fujikura E360 Stiff
Hi-Bore 1i, 2i, Stiff MP-57, DG S300 52.08, 56.08., 60.07 FISHER GOLF - CTS-1 Burgandy Insert ProV1

Strongest part of my game would have to be my long irons.

Weakest would be maintaining my focus throughout the entire round, seems I hit 1 or 2 bad shots a round because the mental part of my game collapses.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

I would say that the worst part of my game besides accuracy is 130 and in. I have a thread related to that somewhere and it is basically wedges. I am getting better, but it still needs a lot of work.

Tha accuracy issue is do to swing consistancy. I am working on a consistent swing and once I get that down, I think my game will come back together.

The best part of my game to dat is putting. Since I and struggling with accuracy everything is hit and miss.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

Weakest: Driver
Stongest: Putter

Even though I suck at all aspects of golf.

Bag: Ping Pioneer
Driver: Cobra Speed LD-M
3 Wood: Adams Insight XTD A3 OS
Hybrids: Adams Idea A3 OS
Irons: Adams Idea A3 OSWedges: Adams Idea A3 OSChipper: Odyssey Marxman X-Act ----------Yes I use a chipper!Putter: Odyssey Tri-BallBalls: Noodle

Strongest part - Chipping/Pitching from 20-60 yards from the Green and my putting, If I can make a GIR - I usually am delighted as I feel very good on the green

Weakest - right now it has to be driving and last year it was my strongest, I am struggling bigtime with my drives at the moment although I managed to hit some good ones at the range yesterday.
Course management - realising that my driving is poor and my Irons are improving, I will continue to hit driver - thinking/focussing/trying that I will fix my poor driving.

I'm heading out tonight for 9 and if my first drive is terrible, I'm going to hit a Hybrid, 3wood of the tee for a few holes then possibly attempt the driver again.

if all these things could come together at the right time, I'd maybe be an 'ok' golfer

Strongest: Short Game. I work on it all the time down in my basement. I'm better at this than the long game because you can't practice you're driving on a daily basis (unless you're loaded and go to the driving range)

Weakest: Off the tee. Can't stand it.

Strongest: chipping
weakest: driving but it is vastly improving.

Sumo 10.5*
R7 Draw 15* 3W
3dx 17* 2H
Pi5 3-PW
Spin Milled Vokey 54* CG11 60* C-01

• 3 weeks later...
Strong: Driver, woods and hybrids

Weak: approach inside of 50yds

Putting is adequate but needs improvement

Taylormade TP 2010 9.5 Fubuki stiff
07 Burner 5W stiff

Adams F11 Ti 3W Adilia NVS Stiff
Bobby Jones 21* & 25* Hybrid
AP1 4-gw
CG14  60*::X forged Vintage 56* Ping b60 putter Balls: Bridgestone B330, ProV, Goals: Shot par over 18 holes, Best shot: Par 5 18th hole, Alling Memorial New haven CT; holed my 2nd shot for an Albatross! (June 20th, 2008)

Weakness: Sand Play, absolutely horrible
Strong:Putting, but only relative to the rest of my game. Im not out there holing 40 footer but i probably 3 putt about 3 times per round.

Driver: 3DX Square 12*
3Wood: 30 dollar dicks piece of ____
Hybrids:3DX 20* and 23*
Irons:3DX Red 5-PW
Wedge:Vokey Spin Milled 56.10PutterDF-990 33 in

The Great: Wedges and Short Irons. I am confident to put any shot with a wedge within 10 ft.
The Good: Putting. Has vastly improved in the last month and expect it to sky rocket with the added confidence of a Scotty.
The Bad: Off the tee.
The Ugly: Mid irons.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

Strong is probably 8-wedge.
Weak is definately off the tee this year which used to be one of my strong points but now I cant hit it straight.

Sasquatch 4950 460 Driver
19 Degree A30S Boxer FW Hybrid
X-20 4-PW
56 SW, 60 LW
Tiffany Putter NXT Extreme Ball

Strongest: Driving. Not very long, but usually on the fairway.

Weakest: Chipping, and pitching. Because I just started a few months ago, I haven't been able to devote as much practice to this as I want, and it shows.

Strongest- Putting...I started putting lights out this year and haven't thrown up more than 36 putts in any round so far. I've always been a decent putter but it has become a strong point for my game that I can rely upon.

Average- Iron game...for my handicap I have a fairly average iron game. With more practice and experience I hope to make this part of my game a strong point.
Driving...like my irons, fairly average....with a little more practice and experience I hope to hit more fairways with my driver.

Weakest- Wedges...at this point I'm just guessing within 100 yards and it shows up in my scores.

Note: This thread is 5744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!