IGNORED

Ball for High Handicap

Note: This thread is 5754 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My handicap is about 30 and getting better every week since I started back playing over the last month. I have played a few different balls and the one I like best was a Callaway HX Hot. (found this ball) I have also played the Gamer, Pinacle distance and Maxifli distance. I think I like a lower spin ball plus a ball that will give me good distance. I have thought about the Nike Juice or perhaps the Nike Power Distance soft. Since so far my favorite is the Callaway HX Hot what other ball would be comparible to it. Thanks for suggestions.

Titleist 907 D2 Driver
Nike Sasquatch 2 3 wood
Nickent 2 Genex Ironwood
Nickent 4DX 20*
Nickent 3DX 26*Nickent 3DX RC 6-PWCleveland CG11 52* Cleveland CG11 56* Odyssey 992 Putter

I think he'd want to go E6, cause I thought that was the one with less spin.

Sumo 10.5*
R7 Draw 15* 3W
3dx 17* 2H
Pi5 3-PW
Spin Milled Vokey 54* CG11 60* C-01

My handicap is about 30 and getting better every week since I started back playing over the last month. I have played a few different balls and the one I like best was a Callaway HX Hot. (found this ball) I have also played the Gamer, Pinacle distance and Maxifli distance. I think I like a lower spin ball plus a ball that will give me good distance. I have thought about the Nike Juice or perhaps the Nike Power Distance soft. Since so far my favorite is the Callaway HX Hot what other ball would be comparible to it. Thanks for suggestions.

I play the Hot and the Big Bertha... long with reduced spin. The Hot is better around the green purely because it is a 3piece ball.

13 Wedges
1 Putter

When I was starting, it was any ball that I can afford to lose. Any ball really can do that but I wanted to use the same ball (not a ball I found).

I have found good progress with the following:
Nike PD Soft
Wilson 50/50
Top Flite D2 Feel
TM Burner

STR8 Dymo 10.5
Dymo 3W
Mid Rescue 3
MP-33 4-PW
Eidolon 52* GW LW, SW Titleist Bullseye Putter

the balls you are talking about are not low spin golf balls (the juice and the nike power distance). However, when someone i know just started playing, i recommend the Titliest NXT Tour or the NXT extreme. These are a little pricey, but you should also try the Nike Ignite. If you truely want a high quality ball at a low price, the Callaway HX Tours are on sale everywhere, same with last year's Nike One Blacks. Good luck and hope ur enjoying the game :)

909D3 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 7 Lime Green Exotics cb2 15 Aldila DVS S-85 Slingshot 17° UST Irod S-110g G10 21° TFC S-129g i10 S300 Green Dot 4-PW Vokey Spin Milled Black Nickel 56° and 60° Made for the Tour AOP Newport PP

Age 16

Home CoursesRoyal Hawk...

The ones you listed are good options. Id also consider the Titleist DT Roll and NXT Extreme.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

the balls you are talking about are not low spin golf balls (the juice and the nike power distance).)

....Yes they are.

http://www.nike.com/index.jhtml?l=ni...US&co;=US&la;=EN And the power distance has 3 different types. Any "distance ball" will be low spin.

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

just go out and either get Titleist ProV1s or Nike One Platinums - the feel around the green will help you score.

Plus if you feel they are too expensive to lose you may play it safer around the hazards. which will definitely help your score.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I highly recomend the Precept Laddie balls.

They play great all around and have good feel. I see them routinely selling for 24 balls for under $20.

I bought a box of these when I started playing again back in May. They served me well. Don't let the price fool you, they are good balls.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I would suggest the Maxfli Fire, Titleist NXT tour or extreme. All cheaper, durable, great performing balls.

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 9*
3 Wood: cleveland.gif Launcher 13* 5 Wood: cleveland.gif Launcher 19*
Irons: cleveland.gif CG1 Black Pearl 3-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gif CG12 Black Pearl 52 & 58 Degree     Putter: cameron.gif California Coronado
http://twitter.com/BFlynn23

If you're a 30 you'll probably lose a lot of balls. I highly suggest getting used ones at lostgolfballs.com. You can get lots of decent balls like the HX hot for about 10 bucks a dozen. For the money you were going to spend on something fancy you could get 3 dozen pretty good balls.

SLDR 430 TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR Mini Driver TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR 4h Matrix Black Tie 95s
Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

Buy a good value ball like the Precept MC lady for about $8 a box or the 2 boxes of Titleist balls from Costco for $29.99.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

The HX Hot is a great ball. The Top Flite Gamer is supposed to be the real deal. If the cost doesn't bother you, I'd stay with the HX Hot.

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

Beginning golfers, as noted earlier, tend to lose a lot of balls. I don't know what they cost now but Top Flite X-Outs used to cost me about 7 bucks a dozen 7 years ago. I saw at Wal Mart you can buy a bag of 3 or 4 dozen used balls for about 15 bucks. I'd buy those until you don't lose so many. Beginners don't have "feel" and low spin or high spin balls really don't matter (IMO none of that marketing hype really matters when you're learning the game so why spend high dollar for something that really does nothing for you yet?). I'd also stay away from soft covers until you get better or you'll end up with a bag full of smiley balls (if you don't lose them first). And for now, stick with X-Outs because there really isn't much difference between them and the non-X-Outs at a beginners level (so what if the logo is in the wrong place or smudged or one dimple is not quite right?).
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

I think I am going to go with the HX Hot. I have played 6 rounds of 9 holes since I started back the first week of July and the last time out I played the HX Hot the last 4 holes and had my only 2 pars since I started. I may go the lost ball website and order them instead of buying them new. I think my game is turning around to the good since I am trying to be more disciplne in my swing.

Titleist 907 D2 Driver
Nike Sasquatch 2 3 wood
Nickent 2 Genex Ironwood
Nickent 4DX 20*
Nickent 3DX 26*Nickent 3DX RC 6-PWCleveland CG11 52* Cleveland CG11 56* Odyssey 992 Putter

Note: This thread is 5754 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!