IGNORED

Are You Excited for the PGA?

DDBowdoin
Note: This thread is 5744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

this is one of the best tracks ... I'll bet it'll be another even par victory .. I don't think anybody is going to go low all week.

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

this is one of the best tracks ... I'll bet it'll be another even par victory .. I don't think anybody is going to go low all week.

Agreed, love this track. I'm heading over there in a bit to watch the practice round. I'll post back on the conditions.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

cool .. i work 2 miles south of the course .. they use my office building's parking for 3 or 4 of the lots and shuttle the players there.

i was thinking of going saturday but tickets are $125!

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Any recommendations on where to park?

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh

you should probably be able to get one relatively close .. try the big boy just south of maple on telegraph (east side) .. they had parking back there for $15 .. it was within a block of the course ..

you'll see signs all over the place in the subdivisions just south of the course too ..

Sean

What's in the bag:

you should probably be able to get one relatively close .. try the big boy just south of maple on telegraph (east side) .. they had parking back there for $15 .. it was within a block of the course ..

Cool, thanks for the tip.

I am looking forward to the PGA. I really enjoyed watching Mickleson,Vijay,Lee & Appelby all fight it out last week at the bridgestone and looking forward to seeing the majority of the worlds best in action again.

There is always something nice about watching golf in the evenings

Im expecting a surprise winner for this event: Clarke (Darren), Monty, Davis Love III, Rocco Mediate, but definitely not John Daly. I feel that somebody off the radar will come through and win this one.

Im expecting a surprise winner for this event: Clarke (Darren), Monty, Davis Love III, Rocco Mediate, but definitely not John Daly. I feel that somebody off the radar will come through and win this one.

Lee Westwood maybe? #2 at both Firestone and the Open ...maybe he'll claim the PGA this week?

TMX Carry Bag
Tour Burner 9.5*
Burner 3W 15*
Burner Rescue Hybrid 19*
r7 TP 4i-SW Dynamic Gold S300s 60* CG-14 Circa 62 #2 & Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

Lee Westwood maybe?

I'll be surprised if Lee Westwood isn't somewhere near the top of the leaderboard when Sunday rolls around. However, it will also be surprising if someone who isn't a "great" putter wins at Oakland Hills. Westwood is hitting the ball as well as anyone from tee-to-green. His putting has been better as of late, but will it stand up on a Sunday afternoon while trying to win a major? That's the question, but he is definitely on my short list of top contenders.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For some reason... maybe because its the last and final major... I just dont get excited for this one, at all.

I hate to say this, but I agree with you. This is in spite of these facts: 1. I am an avid golf fan, and watch and record a lot of golf. 2. I do appreciate the history of the PGA and do like the fact that 20 of the slots are for club pros who qualified through the National Club Pro Championship or other means. Ron Philo, Jr. has done that a number of times, and his sister, Laura Diaz, even caddied for him when she was pregnant. 3. Our golf season here, while short, is far from over. We play at least until Thanksgiving, weather permitting (Upstate New York). 4. Some of my favorite golfers have won the PGA -----Walter Hagen, from Rochester, NY, 5 times, including 3 in a row (when it was contested in match play), Payne Stewart (1989), Jeff Sluman (also from Rochester--won in 1988), Jack---also a 5 time winner, Lee Trevino (I will NEVER forget his win in 1984 at Shoal Creek over Lanny Wadkins and Gary Player), Raymond Floyd. It is really something that neither Tom Watson nor Arnie ever won the PGA. The PGA is a Major, you are right, and you would think that I would get really, really excited about it, but-------------NOPE. Unlike some people, it is NOT because football has begun with college and the NFL having some games, and high school teams practicing. I do not know, for sure, why it is the "forgotten Major", but it is. This leads me to believe that the FedEx has no chance of becoming more than a minor attraction, no matter how much Tim Finchem tries to hype it up. Only the Ryder Cup generates some excitement after the Open Championship is done.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Sure, it's the last major of the year. Vijay is playing pretty well, and has the career credentials to say he's the favorite now.

I agree with you about the course setup by the PGA---tough but fair. By the way, how many "casual golf fans" know the differences between the PGA of America and the PGA Tour? Some people think they are one and the same and that the Tour runs this Major as well as the Tour Championship and the Players Championship.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

I think that Harrington will come through and win this because he has all the experience coming up the straight in a major championship. If he gets off to a good start i would like to see a duel between him and Phil M.

I think that Harrington will come through and win this because he has all the experience coming up the straight in a major championship. If he gets off to a good start i would like to see a duel between him and Phil M.

Well done on that prediction, did you get any money from the bookmakers?

I had Villegas on e/way so very happy too. You have to feel for Sergio though, his putt ( can't remember the hole) but it was so so similar to Carnoustie clipping the left . Hope Serg can win a major next year.

Well done on that prediction, did you get any money from the bookmakers?

For a couple minutes, it almost looked like Padraig was going to repeat his 18th hole at Carnoustie as well. But, like he did all day, he made the putt when he had to.

I was excited.

I was excited when all I was looking forward to during my week long vacation to Northern Michigan was going to watch the final round of a major championship.

I was excited when my friends and I parked in someone's backyard for $10 and then made the 5 minute stroll to the Red Maple entrance of Oakland Hills.

I was especially excited when I looked at the scoreboard to see that Sergio Garcia, my favorite player, had shot -1 on his first 18 holes of the day and had gone birdie, eagle on the only two holes of his that I missed.

What didn't excite me though was watching him hit his approach in the water on 16, or watching him lip out his 3-foot birdie try on 17, or hit his drive in a terrible spot on 18.

I can't say it shocked me though. My friend was telling me all day that Sergio had plenty of time to choke like always, but I refused to believe him and was sure of my assumption through 15 holes. I thought I had the best luck in the world. The first golf tournament I ever attended would be a momentous one: Sergio Garcia's first major.

Nope.

I can't say it wasn't still an absolutely amazing experience, and I would've been more upset had someone other than Padraig one; it's hard not to like that guy.

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 

3 Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz

Hybrid: Nike Sumo 18*

Irons: Titleist AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Cleveland CG12 60* 56* & 52* 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5

Note: This thread is 5744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!