IGNORED

Scorecard Give-Away: Most Interesting Golf Fact

iacas
Note: This thread is 5746 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger Woods has won 50 times out of 156 starts. That's a .255 batting average in baseball. He would have a chance at making the All-Star team.

And I have another one: There's 3 golf balls on the moon. How sick is that?

http://kencarpenter.info/2006/08/mos...olf-facts.html
&
http://sd67.bc.ca/schools/penhigh/st...ng%20Facts.htm

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Tiger Woods has won 50 times out of 156 starts. That's a .255 batting average in baseball. He would have a chance at making the All-Star team.

If we're going to have a contest about facts, can we at least make sure they're facts? 50/156 is .320.

And I asked that the facts at least be current: Tiger has 65 PGA Tour victories.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If we're going to have a contest about facts, can we at least make sure they're facts? 50/156 is .320.

im laughing my ass off right now

I love to hate this damn game.

I know only 1 per post lol but i thought these were pretty interesting enough to share them all

* The longest put in history was measured at 140 feet and 2 3/4 inches on the 18th hole at St. Andrews golf course it was shot by Bob Cook on October 1, 1976.

* The Longest Hole in the World is the 7th hole of the Sano Course, at the Satsuki Golf Club, in Japan. Its a huge 909 yards from the tee box to the hole. It is a par 7.

* The chances of making two holes-in-one in a round of golf are one in 67 million.

* The putter is the most-used club in golf.

* Initially golf balls were made out of wood. After that they were made out of leather which was stuffed with feathers. Very different from ours today

* Of all the golfers in Canada, 71% golfers are male, 29% are female.

* There are more recreational golfers per capita in Canada than any other country in the world.

* The world's first ever golf tournament for women was held on New Year's Day 1811 at Musselburgh.

* The most holes-in-one in a career is 68 by Harry Lee Bonner from 1967 to 1985.

http://sd67.bc.ca/schools/penhigh/st...ng%20Facts.htm

r7 draw driver 9.5* stiff shaft
Big bertha 06 irons, 4-sw
56*vokey spin milled 10*bounce
Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

After Mark Calcavecchia and John Daly completed the final round in the Tournament Players' Championship in 2 hours and 3 minutes, both were fined by the U.S. P.G.A. for playing too quickly. Daly shot an 80 and Calcavecchia an 81.
http://www.scigolf.com/scigolf/19th/strange2.htm

Weapons of choice:
Big Bertha 460 Driver
3W Big Bertha (2007)
TaylorMade r7 Draw Rescue Hybrid Wood #3TaylorMade RAC OS 2 IronsMens Vokey Spin Milled Tour 56 & 60PING Karsten Series Anser2 (I like the classic look and feel)Whatever Ball is on sale (currently Pro V1 2007)

Norman Manley has 59 hole-in-ones. He also scored 2 hole-in-ones on 2 successive par-4s at Del Valley CC.

What's in My Extreme Lite Bag:
Driver: 909D2 9.5* w/ stiff Made for Titleist Voodoo
3-Wood: 904f 15*
2- Hybrid: 18* Heavenwood
3-PW: X-18 w/ steel Uniflex shaftsSW: Forged 56* LW: chrome 60*Putter: 34" White Hot Two-BallBall: NXT Tour

This is quite interesting

Why are there 18 holes in golf?

The links at St. Andrews occupy a narrow strip of land along the sea. As early as the 15th century, golfers at St. Andrews established a customary route through the undulating terrain, playing to holes whose locations were dictated by topography. The course that emerged featured eleven holes, laid out end to end from the clubhouse to the far end of the property. One played the holes out, turned around, and played the holes in, for a total of 22 holes. In 1764, several of the holes were deemed too short, and were therefore combined. The number was thereby reduced from 11 to nine, so that a complete round of the links comprised 18 holes.

When golf clubs in the UK formally recognized the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews as the rule-making body for the sport in the late 1890s, it became necessary for many clubs to expand or reduce the length of their course to eighteen holes. Prior to this time, courses ranged in length from six holes to upward of 20 holes. However, if golfers were to play by the official R&A; rules, then their appointed round would consist of 18 holes.

http://www.usga.org/questions/faqs/usga_history.html#3

r7 draw driver 9.5* stiff shaft
Big bertha 06 irons, 4-sw
56*vokey spin milled 10*bounce
Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

What happens if I win, but I recently purchased a copy of Scorecard?

--------------------------
"There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- Those who can count, and those who can't."

• Administrator
What happens if I win, but I recently purchased a copy of Scorecard?

You choose someone to donate it to or we pick the second-place finisher.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

You choose someone to donate it to or we pick the second-place finisher.

Well, its actually a hypothetical. I was going to purchase my copy this week, then I saw this thread and thought I'd wait just in case.

I assume the winner will be posted today? In that case I'll be purchasing my copy later this afternoon!

"There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- Those who can count, and those who can't."

the first golfer to shoot 4 rounds in the 60's in a major was Sam Snead.

and he lost

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

• Administrator
Some (de)motivation for us medium/high handicappers:

From an email from Donald:
I like the submission from JGus on the second page:

So, JGus, if you would PM me your name and email address, I'll send a license to you ASAP.

Congrats! If you want to donate your copy to me, I will accept. :)

Note: This thread is 5746 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!