IGNORED

Celebrities At Your Home Club?

Dent
Note: This thread is 5490 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I played with Eric Wright of the 49ers at Harding Park golf course in San Francisco many years ago and I saw Aaaon Oberholser at Milipitas Golf course putting and helping a junior with his game.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

What i find funny is how the majority of the celebrities at all your courses are football players lol, isn't it supposed to be hockey players such as myself who golf in the off season??? That's at least the huge superstition in the world.

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

Knollwood "Country Club" near me, my Monday course in the school year, legend has it, used to be home to the Rat Pack when it was a private course.

My other "school year" home course, Rancho Park, is celebrity haven. They have celebrity tournaments there. Arnold Palmer took a 12 at the L.A. Open there on the 18th hole, a relatively short par-5 (it's under 500 yards from the blues for daily play). I've played with people who claim to have seen David Boreanaz, Jimmy Kimmel, and Adam Sandler there (not together), although I haven't run into them myself. I think Bill Clinton played there during his first presidential campaign ; I've heard it claimed that he played that round with Leslie Nielsen. Nielsen's golf book has a story about meeting Clinton on the putting green.
Fox Studios is very close to Rancho Park Golf Course, so this should come as no surprise.

When I'm in Orange County, I like to play Shorecliffs, just as (it is claimed) President Nixon would do when he was in Orange County. For those wondering, that's not why I play there.

If you count people famous because of golf , Duffy Waldorf has the record at one of my home courses (Woodley Lakes - 63). Legend has it he shot it while taking his kids out to play, so he wasn't even all that focused, since he was more worried about them having a good time. At Arroyo Trabuco, also in Orange County, Sandra Palmer is a regular (and teaches there).

Anthony Kim mentioned playing Woodley Lakes and Rancho Park in an interview a while back, and I have no idea where I put that article.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Does Jack Hamm count? His hometown is where i live. I was on the range the same time he was, if you dont know who he is then watch the golf channel... He's the man that invented the Hammer... You know the boom, pow, bammm, 500 yd driver man...

What i find funny is how the majority of the celebrities at all your courses are football players lol, isn't it supposed to be hockey players such as myself who golf in the off season??? That's at least the huge superstition in the world.

You live in Canada, its all hockey there. No reason why, for the hockey thing... lol

Alice Cooper and golf.

Cooper is NUTS about golf. He was interviewed on breakfast TV here in the UK a few weeks ago. He discussed how he overcame years of alcohol addiction. His doctor said he needed a new addiction to help him get over the booze ... needless to say he picked the best one!

--
Tee it high, let it fly!

MP-600, Fujikura E360 Stiff
Hi-Bore 1i, 2i, Stiff MP-57, DG S300 52.08, 56.08., 60.07 FISHER GOLF - CTS-1 Burgandy Insert ProV1

Does Jack Hamm count? His hometown is where i live. I was on the range the same time he was, if you dont know who he is then watch the golf channel... He's the man that invented the Hammer... You know the boom, pow, bammm, 500 yd driver man...

No. That definitely doesn't count.

I've played with recently inducted hall of famer Darrell Green. I rode with him in his cart and it was one of the most fun days I've had golfing in a while. He's a really down to earth guy and plays surprisingly well. And my "country club" is a junky muni.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

most of the retired & current Giants, Jets, Rangers & Devils are members of Montclair Golf Club & Essex County Country Club.
Jason Kidd's a member of like 4 CC's in northern NJ...now that dude is a GOLF NUT! He plays to about a 12 his P.A. told me, but I have yet to play with him.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

My course has none that I can think of, but the course across the street/future toll road, TPC @ Craig Ranch has several Mavericks and Cowboys as members. Sidebar though, I did walk up as a single last month and got paired up with Tim Brown. Cool guy, good player too, even if he forced me to play the tips on a 7,300 yd course.

Griffey Jr. used to play at mine before he was traded to the Sox. Tom Browning (old Reds pitcher) Also, when people are in town they usually come and play. I have seen Maddox, Glavine, Michael Douglas, Hootie and the Blowfish.

Not sure if he'd be considered a celebrity but.... 4x olympic medalist

Trace Adkins played near you! I would have loved to see that! Jeez, I think I would feel honored if he even played up the road from my course.

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Hehehe. At the public courses around NYC I've played with Jesse L. Martin of Law & Order, Richard Kind (IMDB him) of numerous sitcoms, and the bald, white cop on The Wire.

Now this is where things get funny. That bald white cop on The Wire, Domenick Lombardozzi, was also in A Bronx Tale, bit part, which used some kids from my high school when it was flimed. Anyway, turns out we were in the same high school graduating class. I tell him I'm a NYC police Detective, he starts asking me about the show, we start chatting about acting, TV & movies and realism, police work and life, and I think, "This is my in! I'll slip him my card on the 18th green and it'll lead to my second career as an advisor!"

Well... He played up and down all day, and on the 16th fairway, he calls to me across the hole and says he's pissed, he's calling it a day and leaving. Waved and walked off the course.

I could've been somebody. Damnit.

Jason Allison
---------------
In my stand bag (which I carry on my OWN back):

10.5* Burner driver Burner 15* 3 wood Burner Rescue 19* Hybrid FP II irons, 4 thru GW No. 588 56* Sand and 60* Lob wedges White Hot XG Tour Rossie Putter NXT Tour ballsOnPar GPS deviceAnd ALL my shafts are stiff.

The Blue Angels played there (my home course) a "couple" of years ago. There is a photo of the Blue Angels in formation, signed by each of the Blue Angels, hanging on the wall.

The Blues used to play at my home course all of the time. The course was on the Navy base in Pensacola where their home is, so I guess that kind of makes it a given that they would play there

It's actually a really nice course for a military base and I miss playing there.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Roger Clemens owns a home in my neighborhood. He plays out here a few times a month and he is about a 2.5 handicap. I've seen him at the range and I've passed by him in my golf cart when he was on his way to the first tee, I said hello and he said "How ya doin?"

He's pretty nice and he hits the ball a mile.

Driver: G10 10.5 Stock Shaft
3 Wood: Taylormade r580XD
Irons: AP2 3-P, Project X 5.5
Wedges: Tour-W 52*, 56* SM, 60* SM
Putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5 34"Ball: ProV1 or ProV1xLow Score:74

Roger Clemens owns a home in my neighborhood. He plays out here a few times a month and he is about a 2.5 handicap. I've seen him at the range and I've passed by him in my golf cart when he was on his way to the first tee, I said hello and he said "How ya doin?"

Hey, we live in the same "hood". I seen him cruisin on his cart too.

Note: This thread is 5490 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!