IGNORED

PGA Championship

ks8829

Note: This thread is 4821 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The PGA doesn't want another scenario like what happened in New Orleans earlier this year, when tournament officials simply kept the players in their third round pairings and sent them out in the same order. Andres Romero shot 65-68 on the weekend to win by one, but as he was lurking near the back of the field prior to the third round, he was finished on Sunday before the telecast began. Ironically, Romero would have been poised to duplicate the feat had the PGA decided not to re-pair the field before the final round!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JB Holmes sounded a little big headed in his post 3rd Rd interview. They were saying how the wet course was playing long and he replies (without smiling or laughing) 'It wasn't playing any longer for me.' There were other aspects of the interview that for some reason made him come across as a pr***.
I'm pulling for Padraig or Ben Curtis right now.

JB Holmes sounded a little big headed in his post 3rd Rd interview. They were saying how the wet course was playing long and he replies (without smiling or laughing) 'It wasn't playing any longer for me.' There were other aspects of the interview that for some reason made him come across as a pr***.

I agree 100%. If there were two pros that I just can't stand, they'd be Colin Montgomerie, and J.B. Holmes. I'm also rooting for Ben Curtis. Along with Henrik Stenson.

Watch out for the group including Romero and Villegas. If anyone is capable of going really low on this course, those two would be the prime candidates. If one of them gets hot, the other will not be far behind, and both can be under par for the tournament by the end of the day.

Honestly, even without Tiger, this leaderboard is stacked.

I think if Phil can shoot a 66 or 65... who knows. but honestly I've been watching the whole morning and there's birdie's to be made. I think it'll be someone in the last 2 groups. Today is too good of a scoring day for some of the other guys to move up.

Mickelson's sixth: crushed drive to the rough in front of the greenside bunker, chunked flop shot into said bunker, blast to six inches, tap-in. Typical routine par for Phil.

Woops, that was the seventh, and a bogey.

No, I had it right the first time. The sixth, and a routine Mickelson par.

Note: This thread is 4821 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Shorter flight, no spin. Gotta land it before the green a lot and let bounce it on. I like hitting the driver. I find it really forces me to swing smooth with a mild tempo. You don’t really use the Wedge(Niblick) around the greens other than when you are forced to flop it over something, which is tough to do. Often you will use a Mashie which is lofted similar to a 7 iron around the greens. The biggest learning curve is just in hitting the ball cleanly. The front edge on these clubs is very sharp.
    • How was it playing a round with the hickories ? Big learning curve or just shorter ball flight ? 
    • Here are some clubs I’ve been working on. I restored the Niblick(pitching wedge) but the other 2 vintage irons, I bought from an individual who restored them for me. I have a replica driver and a long iron which is called a Mid Iron. The second photo shows before and after of cleaning the rust off the heads. I am working towards building an all Scottish set, which will take some time. There are a number of short courses and older courses that are more fun to play with hickories. I played Eagle Springs which is Wisconsin’s oldest course and also a short course recently as my first round with hickories. It is a perfect hickory course. I’ll attach some more photos later about working on restoring these clubs for play. 
    • I’m new to golf in the last few months and my only previous driver experience was a older hand me-down. As in 30 years old or so.      I bought the Wilson launchpad driver yesterday , the slice fighting model  with 13 degrees loft.    It is very forgiving , I was hitting in bounds shots in the 150-180 range on my first few shots , with no driver experience. By the back 9 I was making several shots over 200 yards .    Today I was able to stay in bounds and managed a 250 yard shot verified by rangefinder and cart gps.    If your having trouble with an older driver or don’t have one at all I’d recommend giving it a shot. I think they run under $300 new and this one was less than $175 as a pristine used one.    It’s so easy to hit I might have been better off with the 10 degree loft one , I would have more rollout perhaps. Regardless I’m pretty happy with it , beats my previous 5 iron/5 wood drive strategy. 
    • Thanks for the replies , especially Carl’s he summed it up pretty well. It was a combination of needing to recognize the different condition required a better focus and not having the best release. I was so annoyed at yesterday’s performance I booked a 8:40 tee time this morning on a nicer course that I knew would have pretty good fairways. Also did a range bucket beforehand.  With a commitment to focusing on a later release I played much better , took many divots and was impressing the guys I was paired with through the first 9 holes.   As this was my 6th straight day of 18 holes I hit a wall on the back 9, but it got my head in a better place.   As an aside I bought my first driver yesterday , other than a hand me down ‘80s one  I had played with a few times. Managed to hit 5 drives 200+ in the first 9 all in bounds and an additional 250 yarder. 
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Covert
      Covert
      (78 years old)
    2. Landonhux
      Landonhux
      (21 years old)
    3. opie
      opie
      (44 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...