IGNORED

PGA Championship

ks8829
Note: This thread is 5750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The PGA doesn't want another scenario like what happened in New Orleans earlier this year, when tournament officials simply kept the players in their third round pairings and sent them out in the same order. Andres Romero shot 65-68 on the weekend to win by one, but as he was lurking near the back of the field prior to the third round, he was finished on Sunday before the telecast began. Ironically, Romero would have been poised to duplicate the feat had the PGA decided not to re-pair the field before the final round!

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unusually cool today, 71 high, 30% showers starting around 1pm.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

JB Holmes sounded a little big headed in his post 3rd Rd interview. They were saying how the wet course was playing long and he replies (without smiling or laughing) 'It wasn't playing any longer for me.' There were other aspects of the interview that for some reason made him come across as a pr***.
I'm pulling for Padraig or Ben Curtis right now.

R7 TP 8.5* Fuji Speeder x-stiff (heavy,low,fade set)
975F 3W 13.5*
FX Tour Grind Nickel 3-PW +1/2", Rifle 6.5
Vokey SW 52*
CG10 LW 60* 3 dot (14* bounce) Tracy putter 35" (hit R but putt L)+ 1 club TBD...Past home courses: Unicorn GC (Stoneham, MA), Forest Creek GC (Round Rock, TX)Ball: Use...

JB Holmes sounded a little big headed in his post 3rd Rd interview. They were saying how the wet course was playing long and he replies (without smiling or laughing) 'It wasn't playing any longer for me.' There were other aspects of the interview that for some reason made him come across as a pr***.

I agree 100%. If there were two pros that I just can't stand, they'd be Colin Montgomerie, and J.B. Holmes. I'm also rooting for Ben Curtis. Along with Henrik Stenson.

Watch out for the group including Romero and Villegas. If anyone is capable of going really low on this course, those two would be the prime candidates. If one of them gets hot, the other will not be far behind, and both can be under par for the tournament by the end of the day.

Honestly, even without Tiger, this leaderboard is stacked.

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I think if Phil can shoot a 66 or 65... who knows. but honestly I've been watching the whole morning and there's birdie's to be made. I think it'll be someone in the last 2 groups. Today is too good of a scoring day for some of the other guys to move up.

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

Where J.B. Holmes' hopes just went.

HAHAHA...there goes J.B. I bet this first hole is playing long now. HAHAHAHAHAHA

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

Phil just made a putt from Grosse Pointe for birdie on the third hole. You can't count Lefty out.

Mickelson has a short putt for three birdies in a row, and Sergio just knocked a 9-iron two within three feet on the second for eagle. If one wants to win this championship, he's going to have to score low.

EL NINO!!!! C'mon Sergio, pull this out man!

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Mickelson's sixth: crushed drive to the rough in front of the greenside bunker, chunked flop shot into said bunker, blast to six inches, tap-in. Typical routine par for Phil.

Woops, that was the seventh, and a bogey.

No, I had it right the first time. The sixth, and a routine Mickelson par.

Its looks like Ben Curtis and Sergio are the ones to watch.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

With KP out I've been looking for Harrington.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

If someone within the top five (and that includes Romero, four shots back) might be able to play the last three holes under par, he has an excellent chance at winning the championship.

Note: This thread is 5750 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!