IGNORED

PGA Championship

ks8829

Note: This thread is 4787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me as one of the guys eagerly anticipating the PGA, I can't wait!!

My picks:

Winner- Phil Mickelson. Clearly he's playing well by the Bridgestone result, he'll work on what cost him there and he'll bounce back. Vijay won't win cuz he can't putt, simple as that. Westwood is a good pick, but not gonna happen for big L this week. Sergio....he's a mush head, no way.

Sleeper- DL3 has gotten a lot of press from the experts as someone who might contend and I'm with them, I expect a top 15 from Davis, I would love to see him actually win! Hunter Mahan might sneak up in the mix as well, a solid finish would cement his Ryder Cup status and then hold on for all of the talk of his comments earlier regarding players being slaves....

Emotional Fav (to me)- Bubba Watson. I'd love to see Bubba get back in the middle of winning, he seems to be in a bit of a valley right now, he's due to break out and finish real high. Let's get Bubba in the mix and get him some Ryder Cup looks!!!

Disappointments- Sergio Garcia. Geoff Ogilvy. Kenny Perry. Vijay Singh.

Disappointments- Sergio Garcia. Geoff Ogilvy. Kenny Perry. Vijay Singh.

I agree with Sergio. And I'd throw Phil into the disappointment list after last Sunday's 3 late bogeys (ouch); a popular pick, yes, but having a rough go these last couple of years. IMHO, KP's 3 wins this season moves him into the higher possibles list.

Rocco.

I saw an interesting stat and I think it was something like seven players who finished runner-up at the US Open went on to win the PGA Championship.

I'm pumped for the event too except for the fact I won't be able to see the 3rd and 4th rounds.

I've seen a lot of people listing Sergio as a disappointment, but I just can't see why. He always seems to put himself in contention, even if he has a shaky round or two during the week. I don't think he will win at Oakland Hills, but he should play well. He is possibly the best ball striker not named Tiger Woods, and that will enable him to put his approach shots in scoring positions. His putting is always suspect, but he can two-putt for pars all week and still be just fine. The scoring won't be that good for the most part, and that will definitely play in his favor just as it did at The Players.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My Fearless Predictions for the PGA Championship

1. Tiger Woods will not win.
2. At least two players will shoot a round in the 80s on Thursday and not come back for Friday.
3. John Daly will not be one of the players who withdraw.
4. The 36-hole leader will fall out of contention during the weekend with two rounds over 75.
5. The 36-hole leader will hail from the Southern Hemisphere.
6. For all of the hullabaloo about Kenny Perry and Rocco Mediate coming into this tournament, neither will finish in the top 25.
7. An Asian player will finish in the top 10. (By "Asian," I mean a player representing an Asian country. In other words, Vijay Singh and Anthony Kim don't count.)
8. Speaking of Anthony Kim, he will not be a factor during most of the weekend, but will still sneak into a top-15 finish.
9. Phil Mickelson will play in one of the final three groups on Sunday.
10. The winning player will shoot a round of 68 or better on Sunday.
11. The winning score will be 276, 4 under par.
12. The winning player will be under 30 years of age.
13. The winning player will not be European.
14. A club pro will finish the tournament inside the top 40.

Sergio for his first major.

Agreed.

Im gonna pick Phil to be a contender in there Sergio to win and I think Bubba Watson may surprise if he can string a few good rounds together. He was sneaky good at the 07 US Open when it was a tough one.

Note: This thread is 4787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.