IGNORED

Adam Scott: Wh'appen?

RichF
Note: This thread is 5275 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an observation: he sounds very affeminate in the Titleist advert.

He is too distracted with the riches that golf has now brought him. His game seems wooden to me and his tries to mimmic TW too much.

He is too distracted with the riches that golf has now brought him.

I said this a couple of pages ago, and everyone jumped all over me! Give a young guy fame, tens of millions of dollars, big houses, fancy cars, and attention from fine ladies. Don't you think it's possible to lose focus?

I think every pro athlete, after achieving all of the above (fame, money, women), have to ask themselves " Exactly WHY am I practicing 12 hours a day? I have already achieved everything I dreamed about. " If you don't have a good answer to that question, you will not continue to succeed.

HiBore 10.5 driver
GT-500 3- and 5-woods
Bazooka JMax 4 Iron Wood
Big Bertha 2008 irons (4 and 5 i-brids, 6i-9i,PW)
Tom Watson 56 SW Two-Ball putter

He's won a players championship, the tour championship, and about 15 other tournaments worldwide. That only is a "pretty solid" career for most every golfer on tour. He climbed to number 3 in the world rankings a year ago. Its pretty hard to call him overrated. Not to mention he is like all of 28 years old or something around there. In the last year alone ( from usopen to usopen) he went through a rough breakup (apparently), a broken finger, and a dislocated knee. If he doesn't produce anything else by the time he is 35 call him slightly overrated. But like I said he is only 28 and most golfers on tour would dream of having the career adam scott already has.

I think he is a solid player who right now is going through a rough patch with his game. That is golf. I commented before he and Sergio are alot alike. Both showed a bit more of their talent at the Open this past week but still have a long way to go. If they follow in Mickelson's path, they won't start winning majors for another 5 yrs. I hope that is not the case.

Adam Scott is single-handedly the most overrated player in all of golf. If anybody can come up with anybody more overrated, let me know who it is.

Sergio?? and a lot of other players on the PGA tour

How is Sergio overrated? He is a great ballstriker, everyone knows he can't really putt, especially when the pressure is on. What other flaws are in his game? I'll take Sergio's career over Adam Scott's so far any day of the week. Sergio has been there so many times with a shot at winning and has just been a lipped-out putt away from winning a major.

It's pretty obvious to me Scott can't putt either which is why you don't see him around the leaderboard or contending very often. They can all hit it. Adam can hit it with anyone out there. But his short game, most specifically his putting is not a strength of his game, and to be successful on tour it MUST be the strength of your game. I don't know many guys on the Tour who can't putt and win tournaments, let alone even contend in majors.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Where were you last year?

Players - Won PGA - T2 Barclays - 2 Tour Championship - T2 And who are the lot of other players on the PGA Tour?

I think every pro athlete, after achieving all of the above (fame, money, women), have to ask themselves "

True.

I think a lot of players are content to having all of that which comes with winning tournaments and majors.... without actually winning many tournaments or Majors!
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

i seriously dont know how you can call adam scott over rated! the guys won 14 titles including a players championship and a tour championship and he's 28! plus he has one of the best swings going! ok he's in a rough patch but you cant call him overrated seriously!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

• Administrator

As much as I'd like to agree that he's over-rated (his ballstriking isn't anywhere near as good as a lot of people seem to think), this thread's about Adam Scott, not Sergio Garcia. Let's get back to that if we can.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i seriously dont know how you can call adam scott over rated! the guys won 14 titles including a players championship and a tour championship and he's 28! plus he has one of the best swings going! ok he's in a rough patch but you cant call him overrated seriously!

It was good to see that he perform "well" this US Open, I like a lot his swing, I hope he can recover his swing and show his real potencial.

Cheers!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

• 3 weeks later...
He's in second place right now in Loch Lomond, and apparently Ana Ivanovic is there with him. Nice rebound!

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

He's in second place right now in Loch Lomond, and apparently Ana Ivanovic is there with him. Nice rebound!

Hilarious! Earlier in this thread I said he had lost focus from chasin' tail, and everyone jumped all over me.

Apparently he was chasing some high-quality tennis talent. Now that he's caught it, maybe he can focus more on golf! Unless she's high maintenance...

HiBore 10.5 driver
GT-500 3- and 5-woods
Bazooka JMax 4 Iron Wood
Big Bertha 2008 irons (4 and 5 i-brids, 6i-9i,PW)
Tom Watson 56 SW Two-Ball putter

Hilarious! Earlier in this thread I said he had lost focus from chasin' tail, and everyone jumped all over me.

Young and handsome male-model types in their physical prime don't lose focus and chase tail. I mean, come on dude.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

I'm watching the Scottish Open right now on the Golf Channel. Their coverage of Adam consists of him taking a shot, then followed immediately of a shot of Ana walking.

Note: This thread is 5275 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!