IGNORED

I think McCain just became the frontrunner

Smallville
Note: This thread is 5679 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Julie. I am so glad that someone posted the FACTS of what actually happened.

You're welcome. I'm a fan of information.

Dad always told me, it's near worthless to talk money or politics with a guy. It's true - you're really not going to change someone's mind. I think sharing information is a good idea, though. So everyone can make their own opinion.

I am not for any side just yet but what a pathetic ad....

great quote..LOL
“Our economy wouldn’t survive without the Internet, and cyber-security continues to represent one our most serious national security threats,” Pfeiffer said. “It’s extraordinary that someone who wants to be our president and our commander in chief doesn’t know how to send an e-mail.”

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09...cain-computer/

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

If you haven't seen Sarah Palin's response to Charlie Gibson's question about the Bush Doctrine, it's well worth a visit to youtube.

Charlie Gibson: Do you agree with the Bush Doctrine?
Sarah Palin: *takes deep breath* ... In what respect, Charlie?

In what respect? HA HA HA! That's like being asked "Do you like chocolate ice cream?" and answering "In what respect, Charlie?"

It's a good thing one of her Alaska constituents didn't shoot her for being a deer in the headlights.

Driver: FT-5 9* Neutral
3 & 5 Wood: SuperSteel
Irons: ISI Beryllium Copper
Sand Wedge: Ben Hogan piece of
Putter: White Hot

Easy, easy guys! Let's not all start calling names.

and some deeper facts behind the facts

"The Rev. Howard Bess, a liberal Christian preacher in the nearby town of Palmer, said the church Palin and her family attended until 2002, the Wasilla Assembly of God, was pushing to remove his book from local bookstores. Emmons told him that year that several copies of "Pastor I Am Gay" had disappeared from the library shelves, Bess said. "Sarah brought pressure on the library about things she didn't like," Bess said. "To believe that my book was not targeted in this is a joke." http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...tLvCgD93535600

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Looks to me like the Bush Doctrine contains many different topics related from the Sep. 11th attacks. So I dont think it is as simple like a question on ice cream.

From Chicago Tribune:
The Bush Doctrine covers a wide aspect of concepts - usually focused on various policies. They may include: champion aspirations for human dignity, strengthen alliances to defeat global terrorism and work to prevent attacks against the US and its friends, work with others to defuse regional conflicts, prevent the enemies of the US from threatening it, its allies and friends with weapons of mass destruction, ignite a new era of global economic growth through free markets and free trade, expand the circle of development by opening societies and building the infrastructure of democracy, and develop agendas for cooperative action with the other main centers of global power.[5] Out of the National Security Stategy, four main points are highlighted as the core to the Bush Doctrine: Preemption, Military Primacy, New Multilateralism, and the Spread of Democracy.[13] The document emphasized pre-emption by stating: "America is now threatened less by conquering states than we are by failing ones. We are menaced less by fleets and armies than by catastrophic technologies in the hands of the embittered few." and required "defending the United States, the American people, and our interests at home and abroad by identifying and destroying the threat before it reaches our borders." [14]

Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons

If you haven't seen Sarah Palin's response to Charlie Gibson's question about the Bush Doctrine, it's well worth a visit to youtube.

Yeah that was pretty huge. She had no clue and was like an actor out on stage who's forgotten her lines and is just praying that she'll be able to improv her way out if it.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

• Administrator
In what respect? HA HA HA! That's like being asked "Do you like chocolate ice cream?" and answering "In what respect, Charlie?"

Oh

come on ! You're comparing an entire policy, both domestic and international, to ice cream? Sorry, but one's a bit more complex than the other, and it ain't ice cream. You can ask a golfer if he agrees with the Hogan swing, and even if he likes 75% of it, he could still ask you "which parts?" or "in what respect?" Come on. She might agree with 10% of Bush's ways, but disagree with 90%. Or agree with nearly all of it but think he went about doing it the wrong way. Or something in between. Asking if she agrees with a multi-faceted (that may be giving Bush too much credit there) doctrine as a whole is a stupid trap question that she was apparently smart enough to avoid answering.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Oh

You know what, in re-watching that clip, I agree 100%. She knew exactly what it was and explained it perfectly in her "blizzard of words". My bad.

Driver: FT-5 9* Neutral
3 & 5 Wood: SuperSteel
Irons: ISI Beryllium Copper
Sand Wedge: Ben Hogan piece of
Putter: White Hot

Although I haven't seen any of the coverage... just on the question itself, I have to ask... what's the problem with Palin's answer?

The Bush doctrine has taken several divergent paths since being labeled the "Bush Doctrine." Are we talking about : 1. The harboring of terrorists by countries? 2. Preventative war by deposing regimes that threaten US security? 3. Protecting democracy in key foreign countries with US interests? 4. Differences in the BD over the Clinton Doctrine ("... what are the consequences to our security of letting conflicts fester and spread?")? 5. Moving from deterrence to pro-active removal of terrorists? 5. All of the above? Which one might you want to discuss? On the subject of Chocolate ice cream? Is it plain chocolate, dark chocolate, chocolate-swirl, fat free chocolate... I lived in Alaska for 5 years back in the 70s when the pipeline was being built. I learned that Eskimos have over 70 different names for snow. In the lower 48, we generally call it snow. In the AK, your life might depend on knowing what snow your talking about. Could you not concede that Palin's life might depend on asking, "In what respect...?" Personally, I don't think Charlie would have had a clue either as he was probably just asking a question pased on to him by his handlers.
iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

Although I haven't seen any of the coverage... just on the question itself, I have to ask... what's the problem with Palin's answer?

Just saw the clip... hmmmmm, Charlie did have a clue.

And, I thought Palin answered rightly... given the intelligence we have we have a right to act pro-actively.
iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

Personally, I don't think Charlie would have had a clue either as he was probably just asking a question pased on to him by his handlers.

I agree 100%. These reporters are such a-holes. They do not understand the topics they are asking. Worst one is Katie Couric.

Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons

Gibson, in the Democratic primary debates, assumed a tenured professor in NH made $100k. Don't know if that was intentional or if he was misinformed, but Clinton quickly corrected him on that.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There is a bit more to it than the right to pre-emptively strike at percieved threats. But I think that's the distillation most people have in mind when they think of the "Bush Doctrine".

I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. But it sure looked to me like she was caught completely off guard, had no idea, and was making stuff up.

What is funnier, I think, is how both she and McCain keep talking about energy policy (whatever that really means) whenever the topic comes to her understanding of national security matters.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

"In what respect" is a time-buyer I use whenever I have no clue.
I doubt that Sarah would do that.

She's doesn't seem to know much of anything.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

This is way too good to be back on page 20.

Around Wasilla there are people who went to high school with Sarah. They call her “Sarah Barracuda” because of her unbridled ambition and predatory ruthlessness. Before she became so powerful, very ugly stories circulated around town about shenanigans she pulled to be made point guard on the high school basketball team. When Sarah’s mother-in-law, a highly respected member of the community and experienced manager, ran for Mayor, Sarah refused to endorse her.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Note: This thread is 5679 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!