IGNORED

How many golf balls do you carry in your bag when you play?

titaniummd
Note: This thread is 5665 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I usually take two fresh sleeves. I also have a couple of dozen slazenger balls that I didnt really like in the first place that I use for water holes. I do pretty good at not losing any balls. I do like to easter egg hunt in the deep rough while Im waiting for others to hit. Those make good corn field balls.

In my bag.
Driver-Adams 9.5
3 wood-Adams
5 wood- Wilson Head Speed
6-PW-Wilson Head Speed 3-5-Hybrid-Nike SQ2 Clone SW-Tour Edge Soft cast LW-Maxfli Black Max Froged Putter-Crossfire

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to have about a dozen new balls. Right now I have a dozen total balls in my bag, and about 3 or 4 that I would use because the others are scuffed or balls that I have found.
I am getting my first dozen ProV1's. They should last me a while too because it is pretty difficult to lose balls at the Virginia Tech Golf Course that I am currently playing. My only problem today was hitting a cart path, striking a tree, and a fairway neighbor snatching my ball (however I'm not 100% sure he did take my ball).

In my Extreme Sport II Stand Bag
Driver: Sasquatch Sumo2 10.5*
Hybrid: Slingshot Tour 3 21*
Irons: CCI Cast 4-AW
Wedges: Tour Action 588 60*Putter: White Hot XG #1Balls: ProV1 and ProV1x

Its one of the things I don't think about really. If I have five or more I'm good to go.
Weapons Of Choice
R5 Dual 9.5* Driver
R7 Draw Hybrid 3
Tight Lies #4 16* Fairway Wood
HCT Tour Irons 5-SW CG-11 52 CG-11 56 CG-11 60 BC-101 Putter

3-6 balls

usually don't loose any. I throw them away after a round or two when they get worn out.

In my Vantage Bag:
Driver: Burner Superfast 9.5*
Woods: Steelhead Plus 3 and 5
Irons: Forged 300 4-PW
Wedges: CG12 52* and VR 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: TP Red

Depends on whether it's my carry bag or my cart bag -- carry bag I have about 12-15 balls, cart bag about 30 new and 15 beat up in another pocket. (The cart bag also has other unnecessary but permanent items like a range finder, a 500-count bottle of advil, a windcheater, 20 bandaids, assorted ball markers, an extra hat or two, etc., so the number of balls doesn't really make a difference)

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

When I can get the Zipper to close, the bag is complete... Refilling it for the next time Tells me how I played, last. Luckily I'm getting better, as It's been easier to re-load lately... ~T

~Tom B.

I ordered a Chicken and an Egg on the Internet, to find out which came first... I'll keep you posted!

I usually have one or two dozen new balls in the ball pocket.
The survivors of previous rounds go in the little bag with divot fixers and tees.

The finders go in the crevices.
I never play with a ball I've found.
It's a cursed ball. It got lost once already.
I use those as warm up-hitaways.
I don't like hitting more than a half dozen full shots before a round anyway.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Too many. I would estimate 35-40 on average. I walk and I'm a scrounger. I have a light carry bag that's barely able to fit 14 clubs but it's got generous pockets. I love to wander in the woods, particularly the areas that attract the typical amateur slice. Often I'll walk out with more golf balls than I can fit in both hands, so I have to stop and shove them in the bag. After the round I wash the newly discovered golf balls. Then at home I'll separate the haul and dump many of them in a plastic trash can in my den. There are probably 200 in that can right now. Recently I discovered a dead lizard, trapped amidst all the Top Flites.

I can't imagine paying for golf balls. I literally haven't paid for a golf ball in more than 20 years, unless you count orange ones for my mom as a gift, or occasional club purchases from golf discount companies and they throw in balls as a bonus.

The best thing about finding golf balls is the dummies who are too bothered to look for them are also exactly the type to think they need the best and most expensive ball. I get to sample Pro V1s and Nike and Callaway and you name it.

BTW, I need you guys to abandon more Bridgestones, the ones with the E and the +. I like 'em.

I carry a dozen Taylormade Red!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

If it's my cleveland cart bag I usually keep about 2 boxes in there if it's my ogio stand bag about 2-3 sleeves.

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

• 2 weeks later...
usually 5 in the outside compartment of my Ogio, plus anywhere from 6 to 12 in the pocket, including practice balls

My bag:

Bag: TaylorMade

Driver: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S)

3W: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S),

Hy: 3 (18*) Rescue, Irons: 4-9, PW, AW TM Burner 2.0, Wedges: Rumar 56 and 60 degree, Putter: TM Ghost Blade

Ball: TM RBZ

Shoes: FootJoy DryJoys

I feel like a piker . . . I keep 2 shag bags of 40+ balls in my bag, with misc. found balls tucked here and there. I don't lose balls like I used to, but I guess the fear of running out of balls is still there.

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

Usually I have 9 balls in my bag. That's for a serious round, for a practice round it can vary, but never more than about 15. Makes the bag heavier. I've reached a part of my game where I am good enough to not hit away too many balls. I average around 2-3 on 18 holes. Only play with Pro V1, don't pick up random balls I find.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

About 15-18 including a few finders. More if i play an unforgiving course.

Most lost balls I've experienced was at West Point. Really thick trees/tall bushes close by make a lot of balls instant goners.

Last time out, only lost one at a nearby 9-hole. That was a confidence booster right there.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

Note: This thread is 5665 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!