IGNORED

Why do we talk to the ball?

Note: This thread is 5703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ever think about how stupid it is to talk to an inanimate object like a golf ball in flight? As if it could hear and obey? I used to yell at the bowling ball back in scratch league days. Did I really think that it's going to change?

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

We do most of what we do on the golf course because we see the pros doing it on TV. Hal Sutton's "Be the right club today", and Tiger's frequent "BITE!" makes us think that we're all Psychokinetic...

Driver:  R11S 10.5°, Fairway Woods:  909 F2 15.5°, Hybrid:  G10 21°

Irons:  Tour Preferred MC 4-P, Wedges:  Vokey SM 52.08, 56.10, 60.04

Putter:  Tei3 Newport II / Circa 62 #3, Ball:  Pro V1X / NXT Tour

But the one time I wish people wouldn't talk to the ball is on Tour when someone in the gallery shouts " GET IN THE HOLE!", It esp irratates me when it's done on the tee of a 600 yd Par 5.

in my EDGE bag:

10.5* XLS HiBore Driver, Fuji stiff VP70
15* XLS HiBore 3 Wood Gold stiff
22*, 25* XLS HiBore 3H, 4H, Gold stiff MP-57 5-PW, DG S300 MP-R 52 gap, MP-R 56 sandwedge SM Vokey 60 Lob Newport 2 Detour Pro-V1X, NXT Tour, Callaway Tour iXIgolf NEO GPS

But the one time I wish people wouldn't talk to the ball is on Tour when someone in the gallery shouts " GET IN THE HOLE!", It esp irratates me when it's done on the tee of a 600 yd Par 5.

That really irritates me too. Although it's funny when someone i'm playing with says it after I tee off as it's got no hope of going anywhere near!!

Also 'You the man!!' thats annoying too.

My Clubs

Driver Ben Sayers MX7
3 & 4 woods Ben Sayers MX7
Utility 3 wood Ben Sayers M86 - 9 Irons Ben Sayers NRG 200Wedges Ben Sayers NRG 200

I talk to my ball on every shot. I used to talk to my kids too.
What a waste of time and energy.
But, years later, my kids listen to me now. Just maybe, someday, the ball will wise up too.

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

My wife is an inanimate object most of the time and I talk to her from time to time as well.

L4V M Speed
Insight XTD Hybrid 3 Wood
Insight XTD Hybrid 5 Wood
Idea A30S Hybrid 4 and 5 Irons
09 Burner Irons 6-AW CG14 WedgesF7 2 Ball Putter w/ dyssey Jumbo Grip Grom Bag

I talk to my ball on every shot. I used to talk to my kids too.

Isn't that the truth?!?

The other day, my son and I were playing and I hit a pure 3W on a par 5. I started saying under my breath, "Get there!" Just at the same time my son said, "Go, go... get there!" The ball rolled onto the green about 4 feet and was 50 feet from the pin. We looked at each other and he said, "Sweet, dad!" We knuckled and started walking towards the green. Priceless! BTW... it was a new sleeve of balls!
iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

I mostly call my ball a punk when he doesnt do what he is supposed to. Sometimes I ask him if he wants to go in the lake. Minor threats and insults seem to work better for me and my ball than words of encouragement do.

13 Wedges
1 Putter

because what time I told it to get in the hole and it did. That one time is enough for me to keep it going.

Sumo 10.5*
R7 Draw 15* 3W
3dx 17* 2H
Pi5 3-PW
Spin Milled Vokey 54* CG11 60* C-01

The same reason Ted Knight talked to his putter in Caddyshack, "O billy, billy billy barou" we have the confidence in the shots but sometimes its not enough, devine intervention, but still take the credit. Makes the game more interesting.

I always talk to the ball, without even knowing it.

This junior who was a great guy we played with at the tournament - who I became good aquantances with called his ball "kid"

He would miss a putt or something and yell "Oh come on kid!" or "Come on kid get up there"
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I don't talk to my ball but I do lean my body in the direction I would like it to magically go. I also have the habit of "twisting" the club I have in the direction I would like the ball to go... It's as if by turning the club it will remotely influence the ball.

I also have been known to "punish" an uncooperating ball by throwing it into a lake or into the woods. I make sure that the other balls in my bag see what I did so that they know what fate awaits them if they "act up". The other balls are usually afraid of me after that and they tend to keep in line...

my ball listens to me...i have it trained very well

In my Nike Tour Stand bag:
Adams Golf Idea Pro Gold Irons
Nike SuMo Sasquatch 10.5* Stiff Shaft Proforce v2
Nike Slingshot 3 Hybrid 20*
Nike SuMo2 5 Hybrid 25*

Nike SV Tour Wedges 52*, 56*

Nike Ignite Mallet Putter

Titleslist Pro V1, Bridgestone e6 and B330S

as soon as i read the subject, i started laughing to myself.
yesterday i was on a NASTY shot:
160 out, uphill green
ball about 1 foot above my feet on a side slope. i played the shot to the right aiming at a tree expecting the ball to turn a good 10 - 15 feet to the left.
perfect shot, great trajectory...and it was going directly to the tree. the following is a bit obscene:

not yelling..just loud enough for my playing partner in the cart 10 feet away to hear me.
turn ball. f'in turn.
as the ball hits the tree - why didn't it f'in turn?
Dino: that sh** went dead straight.
reponse: just like every other girl i'm in a relationship with....sometimes she doesn't listen to me (referring to the ball that I so happen to give a name to before each time I use a new ball).
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

got any tips for talking to a wife?

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

I don't talk to the ball but I do scold clubs after a bad shot.

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

Note: This thread is 5703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!