IGNORED

USA wins Ryder Cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heyscuba
Note: This thread is 5706 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
As I said in the live blog, I'd have "let" Furyk putt it. It seemed to be all of two feet (but not much more than that, if anything). I don't know - I just think it'd be an awesome feeling to tap in for the win - a better feeling than picking up your coin or having it handed to you.

The U.S. played inspired golf. Kudos to them.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well played America
Roll on 2010 Celtic Manor

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

AK was on fire, but Sergio wasn't playing his best golf.

Boo Weekley was the the most dynamic player, and certainly the most entertaining out there. The riding the driver like a horse was a bit much, but all in good fun.

Some risks taken on the rookies by Azinger that paid off big dividends. USA USA USA
Weapons Of Choice
R5 Dual 9.5* Driver
R7 Draw Hybrid 3
Tight Lies #4 16* Fairway Wood
HCT Tour Irons 5-SW CG-11 52 CG-11 56 CG-11 60 BC-101 Putter

USA wins on Furyks conceded par putt,...

Hmmm - First time they've won in 9 years and Tiger Woods wasn't on the team. Maybe Tiger can take a hint. He's obviously not a team player so perhaps the next time they play the Ryder Cup ,he will not be offended if they don't ask him to play. Golffinger

Whew! A total team effort by Team USA. Inpired shot making for stretches by both teams. Obvious to say, but it's going to be a lot more fun dissecting a win then a blowout loss.

Just savor this moment, cause for the US it has been a long time between drinks.

Nick Faldo's decision to put his best players on the front and back of his Sunday lineup is what ultimately cost Europe the cup. In spite of Anthony Kim's lashing of Sergio Garcia, the top of the European order did their job early. Paul Casey fought back to halve his match with Hunter Mahan, and Robert Karlsson and Justin Rose both won their matches handily.

Unfortunately, the Europeans had no answer to their opponents in the next three matches and the overwhelming fan support that followed them. Kenny Perry played as if his legacy was on the line (and it was) and never trailed against Henrik Stenson. Boo Weekley was riding the bull on the first tee, but was all business after losing the second hole against Oliver Wilson. J.B. Holmes versus Soren Hansen was a back-and-forth battle for the ages, but there was no way that the crowd would let J.B. fail, and there was no way he was going to let them down. Furyk's win was merely a formality; after the three matches preceding his against Miguel Angel Jimenez, there was no way the Europeans were going to come back.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Hmmm - First time they've won in 9 years and Tiger Woods wasn't on the team. Maybe Tiger can take a hint. He's obviously not a team player so perhaps the next time they play the Ryder Cup ,he will not be offended if they don't ask him to play.

Are you friggin nuts? How is TW not a team player? Granted, he may not be pleased with playing better ball in the morning matches, but if you think not having the worlds best player in 4 ball and singles helps, you need to head to detox asap. TW's is an incredible match player.

They won because Europe didn't have the best team on the field, and the big guns they did have did not produce. Not because TW was not there.

in my EDGE bag:

10.5* XLS HiBore Driver, Fuji stiff VP70
15* XLS HiBore 3 Wood Gold stiff
22*, 25* XLS HiBore 3H, 4H, Gold stiff MP-57 5-PW, DG S300 MP-R 52 gap, MP-R 56 sandwedge SM Vokey 60 Lob Newport 2 Detour Pro-V1X, NXT Tour, Callaway Tour iXIgolf NEO GPS

Hmmm - First time they've won in 9 years and Tiger Woods wasn't on the team. Maybe Tiger can take a hint. He's obviously not a team player so perhaps the next time they play the Ryder Cup ,he will not be offended if they don't ask him to play.

With all due respect,... that's ridiculous what you just said,...

No way Tiger was the reason why we lost all those in a row, the same as it wasn't all Tiger fault when we won when he was on the team,... It's a 12 man team,... Tiger can't make you or break you,... Tiger is the best player in the world, no golf team anywhere in the world would reject him as a member,... not a chance,...

Great to win this thing for a change. Looks like Kenny Perry got his "major". Boy, both teams made this course look easy.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

• Administrator
Great to win this thing for a change. Looks like Kenny Perry got his "major". Boy, both teams made this course look easy.

The setup had a lot to do with that, too. Augusta National could learn a thing or two about creating excitement by letting people get birdies for good shots, eh?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The setup had a lot to do with that, too. Augusta National could learn a thing or two about creating excitement by letting people get birdies for good shots, eh?

Yes they could. They have become so obsessed with protecting par that you just don't see the excitement on the back 9 anymore. Maybe the new tees they are building well help perk up the weekends.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

I'm really proud of this group. Played with a lot more heart IMO and the home crowd helped a lot too. This was a great group, and I think Azinger was a terrific captain.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

One thing bugged me. Mahan nailed the amazing putt on 17 - that was worth exactly 1/2 point. He then proceeded to NOT play it safe and drove into the hazard on 18. That cost us exactly 1/2 point. I would have *really* preferred a safe drive aimed at the right edge of the bunker. Oh well.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

• Administrator
One thing bugged me. Mahan nailed the amazing putt on 17 - that was worth exactly 1/2 point. He then proceeded to NOT play it safe and drove into the hazard on 18. That cost us exactly 1/2 point. I would have *really* preferred a safe drive aimed at the right edge of the bunker. Oh well.

... with a 3-wood. At least, that's what I said in the live blog. Yeah, that was a pretty piss-poor drive, and at the time he did it, the matches were absolutely nowhere near wrapped up. That half point could have been costly.

But hey, we're looking back and making judgements. His half was enough to get it done in the end, and the U.S. team won 7½ of the 12 possible singles points.

Just got back from the show - Team USA really put their hearts into today! You should have seen how fired up all the rookies were... When Mahan sunk that putt on 17... When JB hit that drive and wedge to two feet. It was fun to see Azinger and AK leading the cheers
In my bag:
- SQ Sumo2 10.5* Driver with stiff shaft
- Rapture 13* 3 Wood
- i3+ Blades
- 52* Gap Wedge- 56* Vokey Sand Wedge- 60* Vokey Lob Wedge- White Hot XG Marxman Mallet with 35" shaft

Congrats to the Americans, naturally. In all fairness though, i was a little disappointed with the condition of the course in areas- it looked a little worn, but thats probably to do with the weather conditions last week.

I believe the Augusta course committee will continue to be stubborn in their course layout and policy for the 2009 tournament. Personally, Im with them, make the course tough, encourage strategy, and punish mistakes!

Note: This thread is 5706 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!