IGNORED

Just got a new grill!

srjorion
Note: This thread is 5497 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Appropriate place to post this I assume

I finally replaced my old grill and got myself a five burner infrared model. I cooked some chicken breasts on it this evening after getting it put together and man were they good! I'm going to try grilling some redfish tomorrow for lunch using a recipe I was told would be fantastic, redfish on the half shell.

I'll be doing a lot of grilling this week breaking in my new toy. Anyone out there have any favorite recipes besides the standard steak, chicken, hamburgers, hotdogs? Don't get me wrong, I love a great steak on the grill and will be doing that too. Just curious what everyone else out there does other than the norm.

In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

srjorion,

Don't forget about seafood. I see you live in NOL, you have access to some of the best yellowfin tuna, mahi, aj etc. in the country. Hard to beat fresh grilled seafood, don't forget about shrimp/oysters also. Just remember not to overcook the fish, especially the tuna. Lot's of recipes on-line...Google.

Dale

Congrats on the new grill!!!

There is something highly satisfying getting home after a day on the golf course and firing up some coals and nursing a few cold ones!!!!
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

i have made this jerk chicken and it's always a fan favorite

http://www.dianaskitchen.com/page/poultry/jerkchk.htm

another option is bulgogi

BULGOGI (marinated grilled beef)

Ingredients:

1.2 pounds beef (thinly sliced, less than 1/8-inch)
1 medium size onion

Sauce:
5 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
4 Tablespoons chopped green onions
2 Tablespoons minced garlic
2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
2 Tablespoons sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 kiwi fruit (optional), minced

Method:

1) Slice onion.
2) Mix all sauce ingredients in a large bowl. Put beef, onion and mix well. Let stand 1-2 hours in refrigerator to marinate. Adjust sweetness and saltiness with more or less sugar and soy sauce.
3) The best taste is achieved when it is grilled on a charcoal. You can also cook it on frying pan or broiler.

* Tips: When you cook on a charcoal grill, wrap the grill mesh with cooking foil completely. And make a tiny holes (with chopsticks) all over the wrapped mesh 1-2 inches apart.

both are fan favorites

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

Take a large head of cabbage, rub it down with butter, then rub crushed fresh garlic on it, taking care to make sure the butter and the garlic get in all the cracks. Roast it on the grill for about 30-40 minutes, turning it often.

I am not crazy about cabbage, but I can make a meal on the above!

Steve

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

Take a large head of cabbage, rub it down with butter, then rub crushed fresh garlic on it, taking care to make sure the butter and the garlic get in all the cracks. Roast it on the grill for about 30-40 minutes, turning it often.

Steve, if you aren't crazy about cabbage, how is it that you love this? I would think it would taste like, well, Cabbage! Lol...u do have me curious though, I may have to try that..any specific type of butter (spray, stick?)..

Next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election- George Carlin

In the Hoofer bag:
10.5* Redline RPM G5 16* G5 19* G5 22* MX 200, 4-6, MP-52 7-W Vokey 50*, Vokey SM 54*, 58* G5i flatstick IGNITE ball

Salmon with a teriyaki marinade is great on the grill. Lots of recipes on the net.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

It makes cabbage taste good . . . stick or tub or squeeze butter and fresh garlic are the trick . . . use lots and lots!

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

Pics? Is this like a gas barbecue? or is it like a grill with hot coals underneath?

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Pics? Is this like a gas barbecue? or is it like a grill with hot coals underneath?

This is a gas grill. While I love cooking over charcoal, the ease of gas wins at my house. This grill gets very hot so I'm able to get a lot of great flavor even though it is not charcoal.

Here are a couple of pics. Yes, she already needs a cleaning! So far I've kept it simple with just steak, chicken, and some pork chops. Oh, there was the redfish on the half shell, which was very tasty. I'll be venturing out into some of my favorites soon with some shrimp, kabobs, and who knows what else. Again, any favorite recipes throw them out there. I'm definitely going to try the jerk chicken (done that before, but that recipe sounds better!). I may even get to that cabbage recipe!
In my bag:

Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

This is a gas grill. While I love cooking over charcoal, the ease of gas wins at my house. This grill gets very hot so I'm able to get a lot of great flavor even though it is not charcoal.

what brand is that? My dad has a kenmore that is very similar. He got a really nice kenmore from my grandmother last year and was going to hand his other one down to me (but I have to help him setup the natural gas line first) but that is a pretty nice grill.

The jerk chicken recipe is great. I serve it with grilled veggies and egg noodles and its always a hit.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

Congratz on the new Grill.

This is a good recipe.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...oin-42957.html

Also, my favorite way to make baby back ribs on my grill is to Rub them down with some rub. Let them sit for an hour to reach room temperature, if out of the fridge. Then wrap them in foil with a 1/4 cup mixture of grape, apple, and pinnapple juice. Be sure not to snag the foil on the bottom, you dont want the juice to escape from the bottom. You want the juice to rest meat side down on the grill for about an hour with indirect heat at about 400 degrees.

Mix Honey and KC Masterpiece bbq sauce together, about a cup total or more.

At the end of the hour, turn all of you burners up on the grill to medium high or high. take 2 pairs of tongs and unwrap the ribs on the grill. There will be flare ups at first but they will die. Your goal now is to sear the ribs while baste them with the bbq sauce turning frequently until they look too good not to eat.

Sorry for being long winded, im bored at work. I even have pics of the last time i cooked them.

Greg

Remember the best way to grill a piece of steak is to just is to just salt and pepper it and then grill it. Well the most important part of this is to buy a nice piece of meat. None of this value pack stuff. Once you have the meat just put a nice coating of salt and pepper on it and your ready to cook.

Just sear it on one side for a couple of minutes on high heat. This will give it some nice grill marks. Then turn the heat down to low or use indirect heat (I think thats the best) and flip the steak over and grill until your desired doneness.

Honestly, I didn't think it would be that good but then I tried it and it was excellent.

Happy Grillin'!
Driver:Ping Karsten-I
3-4 Wood:Ping Karsten-I
Hybrids:Alien Golf TI Matrix, Ginty Stan Thompson
5-P Irons:Alien Golf Tour Gold
Putter:Ping Karsten B60

what brand is that? My dad has a kenmore that is very similar. He got a really nice kenmore from my grandmother last year and was going to hand his other one down to me (but I have to help him setup the natural gas line first) but that is a pretty nice grill.

It is a Charbroil brand grill. I had looked at Kenmore's earlier and they do look very similar.

I've had quite a bit of jerk chicken and am always looking for a great recipe. I'm going to try that one here in the next week or so if I can get some time.
In my bag:

i just can't bring myself to cooking over gas. i had a gas grill given to me, but never cooked on it. ended up giving it away.

charcoal just makes the world such a happier place!

nice grill though bro! those grates are upside down V type right? those will make a steak look like it came from the steakhouse! they also cook very evenly.

Remember the best way to grill a piece of steak is to just is to just salt and pepper it and then grill it.

I don't agree. I prefer to marinate the steak in something that will cause the steak to break down the tendons in the meat a little. Lime juice is fantastic. Then use a montgomery steak rub (mostly salt and pepper) and like you said high heat for 2-3 minutes to sear it then flip it once and cook to desired temp.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

Remember the best way to grill a piece of steak is to just is to just salt and pepper it and then grill it.

Ah, the joy of grilling! Everyone has an opinion, and they are all right!!!!!

Me personally, I agree with Vino. I do brush with a touch of olive oil before laying on the salt and pepper, but that's it. My wife likes it with garlic salt too, and sometimes with worchester sauce.
In my bag:

Ah, the joy of grilling! Everyone has an opinion, and they are all right!!!!!

i just grilled a few fillet's tonight for myself (wife only eats chicken) and I rubbed them in garlic powder / black pepper and olive oil. They turned out excellent, and the filet's are so tender. I probably should have used garlic salt or a little sea salt on the steaks to give it some flavor.

always next time.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

Note: This thread is 5497 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!