IGNORED

The Great Club Debate!!!

Note: This thread is 5658 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've seen a lot of "get fitted" advice on here, but I've been told by more than one pro that getting fittted when you are not good doesn't do anything for you. I'm not disagreeing with anyone on here, just passing on my own experience. I do agree that lessons with the right person can be great. I've had a lot of trouble find a good teacher tho..

So, on to clubs..

When I got back into golf I bought a set of used Ping Eye 2's and transitioned to the Adams A2OS. I liked the Adams so much I now have the A3OSs. I can easily reccomend the Adams gear and would look at the A3OS or A4OS.

Good luck!
Drivers:
FT-i Draw 9* W/Grafalloy Red
Sumo2 5900 9.5* W/Grafalloy Red

Irons: A3OS 3-PW Graphite/Steel regularWedges: A3OS GW, SW, LWPutter: Rossa Monza SpiderLittle round white thing:

I agree getting fitted before your handicap is even measurable is probably not needed. I would suggest getting 3 wedges maybe a 52, 56, and a 60. Your score will drop like a rock if you can learn to hit it close within 100 yds. I have been practicing my short game a lot lately and my score was around 100 avg per game and now a good round puts me in the mid to low 80's.

I got the 08 big bertha irons 5 weeks ago and find them very forgiving, I played a round a week ago keeping track of contact points and even on toe hits and thin hits my shots were very playable. That was my biggest problem and with extra forgiveness vs. my old blades I am seeing improvements in my game. I picked up 6-P + there 50deg. A-wedge.

Tour Burner 10.5 R
mp 57's
Vokey Spin Milled 56.10
Pal 4
Pro-V1X

You are actually playing with a pretty good set right now, because after 2004 club manufactures havent come up with something that was really revolutionary. I would also get on the wedges and new putter boat.

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

There are various styles of super game improvement irons out there, so I would agree that you should hit all you can and decide if you like the all hybrid types (Cleveland Hi-bore XLi), the wide sole irons (Ping G10), mixed hybrid/wide sole (Adams A4OS, Cobra Transitions), something titanium (Ping V2 and others) or a traditional Over Size set (Wilson Di7). I know TGW.com will give you 30 days to trade your purchase back in if you are not satisfied for full price store credit.
Dick's has a pretty good selection and they can fit you there and you can order a set make up that suits your game. I can't say what you should get, but if you catch them thin then you should get something that has it's mass/CG as low as possible, maybe the Cleveland XLi, but that's your call. BTW, Jack Nicholson hits the Hi-bore irons, that's got to count for something ...... jmoc

"Courage is fear holding on one minute longer." Gen. Geo. S. Patton, 5 June 1944

Grom Desert Camo
Dymo HL Driver and 5 Wood
GC Hybrids 3-5 i15 irons 6-pw Tour-W 50*, 54* and 58* wedges White Hot XG Hawk Freak Neo GPS

You are actually playing with a pretty good set right now, because after 2004 club manufactures havent come up with something that was really revolutionary. I would also get on the wedges and new putter boat.

I'd have to disagree. Pre 2004 I don't think there was one manufacturer of "hybrid Iron" sets. Now there are several players. IMHO hybrid sets have changed the game for high handicappers and newbies.

Drivers:
FT-i Draw 9* W/Grafalloy Red
Sumo2 5900 9.5* W/Grafalloy Red

Irons: A3OS 3-PW Graphite/Steel regularWedges: A3OS GW, SW, LWPutter: Rossa Monza SpiderLittle round white thing:

Note: This thread is 5658 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!