IGNORED

Anyone else revamping the bag for the off season?

Note: This thread is 5646 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am getting a completely custom fit set from Tom Wishon Golf Technology. No putter though I got that in june.

Whats in the bag?
Driver = Wishon Golf 949mc 9.75*/.5* Closed Face Angle
Fairway Wood = Wishon Golf 915 F/H 16* Square Face Angle
Wood Shafts = Wishon Golf Pro Flight EXP 85g Stiff Flex
Hybrids = Wishon Golf 331H 21* & 24*Hybrid Shafts = Wishon Golf GI335 Tour Weight 92g Stiff FlexIrons = Wishon...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty sure that I want to replace my irons with some Mizuno MP-62s. I know I will probably struggle with them at first but they will force me to get better, and they will last a really long time. I also want to replace my hybrid with a Titleist 909h. I also plan on trying out the 909 drivers to see if they blow me away enough to buy one. I am starting to want to control my ball flight instead of just hitting it high and straight every time. Therefore, I want equipment that allows that and the stuff that I have now makes it difficult. I am going to try out a lot of stuff and find what is right for me, but those are the changes that I am considering making.
In the blue and tan grom Bag:

Driver r7 460 10.5*
Fairway Woods '07 Burner 15* and 18*
Irons 4-PW r7 XDWedges 47*, 52*, 58* CG14,Putter TiffanyBall One Tour D

I finally bought new wedges. I've always purchased "brand old" wedges: really good condition but used. I traded in an entire bag of clubs and came out with three new wedges: two Vokeys and a Cleveland 588 Tour Action (plus some other goodies)

I'm waiting for a set of TM 300 Series irons to come in the mail, too.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I just bought a Circa 62 #1 (putter I have always wanted) and mailed it off to BOD today. I also have yet to game the brand new driver in my sig. line. Still using my trusty 11.5* XL with the V2, but I'll probably switch soon. My 60* wedge is only about a month old as well. I was given a 2009 CG launcher 17* to replace the 906F2 in my bag but I don't know if I will use it though as I'm happy with the Titlesit. The shaft in the hybrid is also new.

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

Off season?

What is this off season thing......

Sorry, that was probably uncalled for.....especially coming fr a newbie around here!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

probably people from the north like me... saying there is an off-season... but what do they know... I play in January when its like 20 degrees out... I'm a die-hard... lol

But anyway next year I will be swapping out my 2-iron for a 5-wood depending on the course...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

my off-season is 2 hours a week... when I'm bowling...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

The off season will see a dramatic change coming for my bag. For one I just added a new 3 wood, ended up getting a HiBore XLS to match my driver. I managed to get in 2 rounds with it, but probably only hit it 3 times in those two rounds.

The biggest change will be in the iron department. I had been looking for and waiting on something to replace the Pro Combos and finally went forward with buying a set of Mizuno MP-57s from another TST forum member! I won't have these irons for a while yet, but first stop will be to my club fitter to get them all spec'd out to my needs, then likely a long winter's nap in the closet until I get to play them.

I know that I'll be making multiple trips to the indoor driving range during the winter now!! This is going to make an already LONG winter even longer!!!

"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

I don't really have an "off season" but I just recently redid quite a bit of my bag. I sold the MP 32's and replaced them with my ZM's. The ZM's were custom fitted and ordered with my exact specs.

Then I cracked the face of my Superquad so I bought the new Cleveland HiBore XLS Tour. I still have a replacement coming for the TM, I will either sell it or keep as a back-up.

I will need new wedges as mine are almost a year old now, but I will be replacing with the exact same club.

I am looking for a new hybrid and will buy one when I find one that I like.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I am hoping to order new irons tomorrow - either AP2s or MP 52s. I am still debating. Same price, same estimate on arrival date and lots of positive info about both. I'm not planning on any other big purchases for now.

I noticed on the bottom of the 3rd page the post from, I think, LongballGer about getting new grips. That's a great way to revamp what is already in the bag. I will also replace my soft spikes.

• 2 weeks later...
not quite as much as you guys but i put a v2 shaft in my driver picked up a vokey sm and a big bertha fairway wood and a old classic scotty camron from my dad

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

Well it isn't necessarily the offseason down here in Tucson as we don't have one, however, I did recently purchase a new ping anser iwi putter. I opted to not pick up the additional weights just yet. Love the feel of the insert and the weight of the club as it comes standard. I had the shaft shortened to 33.5 upon purchase and so far, really enjoy the club.

I will possibly replace my driver or at least the shaft before the new year.

In my Ogio Bag
Driver - Cobra 10.5 F Speed
3 Wood - Cobra LD speed
Hybrid - TaylorMade Burner 22 degree
Irons - Callaway X-Tour 3-PW 52.08 Degree Gap Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin Milled56.14 Degree Sand Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin Milled60.07 Degree Lob Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin MilledPutter...

i know i sure am revamping my bag. i got an entire new set of irons(wilson staff fi5), new 4iron(mp fli-hi), i plan on getting vokey's(52, 56, 60) and im getting new shoes and a bag before the spring!

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

what is this off-season you are referring to? i don't understand the concept...it the middle of november and its close to 80 degrees here in socal...year round golf is where its at... but yeah i did a little equipment shuffling. replaced the hibore driver with an 08 f speed ld, love it already but really need to do something about the 5.1 torque shaft...thinking grafalloy blue or prolaunch platinum, or v2

in my bag:

Driver: '08 Cobra F Speed LD 10.5 w/UST Proforce V2 Tour Flight stiff

Fairway: Adams Speedline Fast10 3-wood w/Aldila Wasabi stiff
Hybrid: Nickent 3dx 3H
Irons: Nike CCI forged 4-pw Wedges: Nike Victory Red 52 56 60 Putter: Rife Mr. Beasley Balls: Bridgestone B330-RX Tees: epoch

what is this off-season you are referring to? i don't understand the concept...it the middle of november and its close to 80 degrees here in socal...year round golf is where its at... but yeah i did a little equipment shuffling. replaced the hibore driver with an 08 f speed ld, love it already but really need to do something about the 5.1 torque shaft...thinking grafalloy blue or prolaunch platinum, or v2

I'm going to mail you some punches for rainy vancouver

As far as my bag goes.. all that's left to replace is the putter and I think I'm good for a few years at least.

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

If anything it could be a new 3 wood for my second set of clubs I keep in the weekend house.
In My Bag:

DriverR7 Superquad, 9.5 Degrees
WoodFT 3 Wood, 15 Degrees
Wood906F 5 Wood, 18 DegreesIronsMX-25 3-9 IronWedgeVokey Tour Chrome 48 Degree WedgeX Forged Vintage Wedge 54 DegreeWedge Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60 Degree PutterUnitized Retro

I just got new irons (used but new to me) and a 3wood.

I am still looking to change drivers if I can find a buyer for my old one and I am looking to pick a 2-Hybrid.

Weapons of Mass Destruction
* Driver - SQ Dymo - 10.5*
* Woods - SQ Dymo 3 Wood - 15*
* Irons - Black Pearl CG 7 - 4 thru PW
* Wedges - RAC Y-Cutter - 60* * Utility - Niblick - 42* & 56** Putter - YES Callie* Ball - E6*** Looking to buy a Niblick 49*

Looking to put some PING Rapture V2 irons in the bag for next year. Been reading up on them and tried a 7 iron as demo over the weekend and it was one nice club. Been playing about a year and think the PINGS will be in the bag for quite some time. I might even go with a V2 driver if it lives up to everything I have been hearing about too.

Note: This thread is 5646 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!