IGNORED

2009 Tour Exemptions?

Bluenoser67
Note: This thread is 5673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Any rumours on who is getting medical exemptions or other special exemptions next year.

I know that David Toms is did not make the top 125 but he has exempt status to 2011.

What about Oberhouser and Wetterich - I know they were injured this year and should get a medical I think.

Driver - Taylormade R9
3 Wood - Titlelist 909F2 15.5 degrees

2H - Nickent

4H - Taylormade
Irons - Mizuno MP-63 5-PW
Wedges - Titlelist 52 and 60 and Cleveland CG-15 56
Putter - Scotty Cameron Stainless Steel NewportBall - Pro V or V1

I heard Tiger didn't even apply for a medical exemption. But I would be surprised if the two you mention don't get exemptions.

Sorry, I've been waiting on that joke since April.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Greetings ....

In all likelihood, the 2009 PGA Tour Exemption Categories will not be posted until January. Here is the Current PGA Tour Exemption List .

Tiger Woods will be listed as a US Open Champion (exempt thru 2013). End of that story!

You are likely to see David Toms and David Duval among those using a Career Earnings exemption.

David Love III will be listed as a PGA Tour tournament winner, because his just-earned Life Exemption isn't needed. That only kicks in if he fails to make no better than the Top 125 in a given year, which would be 2010 or after.

Camilo Villegas should be listed in the Tour Championship winners category, and be exempt thru 2011.

Vijay Singh will probably still be listed under the "PGA Championship or US Open" winners category on the basis of his 2004 PGA win. Assuming he doesn't win another major or the Players, Singh will be listed in the Fed Ex Cup winners category beginning 2010.

Orville Moody, 1969 US Open Champion, passed away in 2008, so his name will no longer appear.

Ben Curtis, 2003 British Open champion, will be listed as a PGA Tour tournament winner, thanks to his 2-win season in 2006. Shaun Micheel, 2003 PGA Championship winner, finished 209th on the 2008 Money List. So far, there's no word on what status Micheel will have for 2009. His most likely status could be that of "Past Champions, Team Tournament Winners and Veteran Members Beyond the Previous Year's Top 150" (Category-29).

Thanx-A-Lot, Frank-0-Sport

Greetings ....

Just realized that there was one little detail which I did not address earlier.

Bluenoser, David Toms is NOT exempt thru 2011. His 2001 PGA Championship win only exempted him for five years (thru 2006). Toms played 2008 on a regular tournament winner exemption.

You might have mis-interpreted the wording from the PGA Tour's official exemptions page, that where it says "Winners of the PGA Championship or US Open in the last 10 calendar years or prior to 1970". Right after that in parenthesis are the words -- "Beginning in 1998, this is a five-year exemption."

What this means is that, beginning 1998, winners of a Grand Slam major or the Players Championship receive only five-year exemptions. No 10-year exemptions have been awarded since 1997.

Now that all 10-year exemptions have expired, the PGA Tour would be wise to eliminate references to them on their exemptions page.

Thanx-A-Lot, Frank-0-Sport

I heard Tiger didn't even apply for a medical exemption. But I would be surprised if the two you mention don't get exemptions.

No tiger isn't exempt till 2013, he is exempt for life, as he has 20 career wins.

Here is an article stating such about Davis Love III http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...4-2865,00.html

Duffy Waldorf (who is a member at my course) made it all the way through '07 Q School and got full exemption. But, back in April had knee surgery. So as soon as he's back he'll be exempt.

David Berganio Jr. who also plays at my place, may have a few exemptions left

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Duffy Waldorf (who is a member at my course) made it all the way through '07 Q School and got full exemption. But, back in April had knee surgery. So as soon as he's back he'll be exempt.

Have you ever played with either of them?

Nah, Duffy only practices occasionally, never really goes out to play. He's a member there more because they live in the area and his wife and kids play.

As for Berganio, I suppose I could play with him, just never hooked up to do it yet.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Greetings ....

This is a quote from David Toms website "I do want to clear up something that was reported incorrectly last week. Some people have been unsure of my exempt status on Tour next year. Without getting too complicated, I am exempt on the PGA Tour through the 2011 season based on my PGA Championship win and the six subsequent Tour wins. I also have two career money exemptions that I could use after that, so my status is not in doubt for anytime in the near future." You can find it here http://www.davidtomsfoundation.com/letter.cfm SO FRANK O SPORT David Toms IS exempt through 2011. Just so were clear.

Driver - Taylormade R9
3 Wood - Titlelist 909F2 15.5 degrees

2H - Nickent

4H - Taylormade
Irons - Mizuno MP-63 5-PW
Wedges - Titlelist 52 and 60 and Cleveland CG-15 56
Putter - Scotty Cameron Stainless Steel NewportBall - Pro V or V1

Note: This thread is 5673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!