IGNORED

John Daly playing tournement golf

Chilidipper
Note: This thread is 5636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Smart golf....John Daly? Our John Daly?!!!!!

Hang in there JD!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He was hitting some nice hybrids off the tee.
In My Bag:

DriverR7 Superquad, 9.5 Degrees
WoodFT 3 Wood, 15 Degrees
Wood906F 5 Wood, 18 DegreesIronsMX-25 3-9 IronWedgeVokey Tour Chrome 48 Degree WedgeX Forged Vintage Wedge 54 DegreeWedge Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60 Degree PutterUnitized Retro

If JD ever got his shit together he'd give Tiger a run for his money.

Pardon my French...

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

Well, looks like two good rounds for him, and he's tied for 15th 4 off the lead going into the weekend. He's gonna have to make a move, but he's up there.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

He's playing okay, but I'm not sure I've seen a pro golfer look so unhappy or disinterested.

One get's the feeling he's old showman forced on stage out of a need to make a few dollars. He looks like a blank slate, even when he sinks a birdie putt; just going thorough the motions.

SubPar

he shot a final round 62, which is pretty ballin if you ask me. the leaders havent finished but he will get a pretty good paycheck after finishing 9 under for the tournament.

In my freestyle:
Driver: 10.5* G5 with UST V2
F.W. wood: 16* retro raylor with Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold
Irons: i5 3-pw. Stiff cs lite shafts
Wedges: 8620 51*, 56*, and 60* Putter: classics 1 34""Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

More proof that booze and hooters girls are not all that bad for you...
Drivers:
FT-i Draw 9* W/Grafalloy Red
Sumo2 5900 9.5* W/Grafalloy Red

Irons: A3OS 3-PW Graphite/Steel regularWedges: A3OS GW, SW, LWPutter: Rossa Monza SpiderLittle round white thing:

anyone see the finish to this tournament? some pretty amazing golf shots

whose shot was better lins or rorys? i reckon rorys

Driver: Nike Sumo 5000 9.5
5W: Mizuno F-60
3H: Mizuno CLK Fli-Hi
Irons: Nike CCI Forged 4-PW
SW: Mizuno MX-19 LW: Mizuno MP-R 60Deg

I think John has all the talent in the world. Davis Love said that everyone is rooting for him. The 62 he just shot could jumpstart John into prominence.

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Hold onto your big foam fingers, face paint, and beer hats people... we may be witnessing the John Daly turnaround!

And it's about time...
Favorite Practice Course:
Z Boaz Municipal, Fort Worth <<< Ben Hogan grew up playing here!
--------------------------------------------------

In the bag: 983E 9.5*, Fuji Speeder S RPM LP, 4W, Neutral Bias STAFF Ci6 irons, S (going up for sale soon) Tom Watson PVD 08 Wedges (G.S,L)... and a 4...

• Administrator
Hold onto your big foam fingers, face paint, and beer hats people... we may be witnessing the John Daly turnaround!

Yeah, one good round is a turnaround... huh?

Until the next time he screws up. At this point he's screwed up enough that I actively root against the guy. I root FOR him to get the help he needs, but I think any success he has in spite of his problems does more damage than good.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That sure put a bucket of cold water on it all...

And he had 3 decent rounds which often can win a tournament.

I do concur with what you say about his need for help, but it is up to him to get it. It appears that playing poorly drives him to grog so perhaps the only way to get help is to start playing better and be relaxed enough to give rehab a real go?

Good luck to him!

Driver 9.5* 905T w/ Stiff V2 Shaft
3 Wood 15* 906F2 w/ Stiff V2 Shaft
Irons AP2 3-P w/ Project X 5.5
Wedges Vokey 200 series 52* and SM 58*
Putter Black series No. 1Ball TP Black

He had three "okay" days of golf and then a fantastic 62 on Sunday. This hardly constitutes a trun-around, but it is a sign that he still has an "A game" in him.

SubPar

I think John has all the talent in the world. Davis Love said that everyone is rooting for him. The 62 he just shot could jumpstart John into prominence.

You are right. Tiger has also told John that he wished he had JD's natural talent as he was hitting balls and Big John was headed to the nearest bar. Every time that I think we have seen the LAST of the Good Ole Boy, he does something like the 62, and I begin to think, "maybe, just maybe, he will wise up and play like he is capable of". I never wish anyone ill will, so I hope he does get straightened out, for his own sake and his family, especially the young son who was on "Daly Planet" on The Golf Channel. We will see. We have "been down this road before" so I am NOT getting my hopes up. Eli Callaway did that, and JD FAILED Mr. Callaway. He is running out of time and excuses so he HAD BETTER DO IT RIGHT this time.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Note: This thread is 5636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!