IGNORED

Paula poised to win at the ADT

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 5654 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There is still some excitement in professional golf this late in the season. The ADT for the LPGA Tour has the top players competing at the beautiful Donald Trump Course, and Paula Creamer has a chance to top off a great year for herself. After two rounds, she trails the leader, Katherine Hull, by only 3 shots. Annika, unfortunately, is 10 back already, and so is Lorena.

The final round is on NBC from 3 to 6 PM so the gals are getting some major network coverage for the last 18. See what being connected with The Donald gets you? As I have made clear in previous posts, we root for Paula (as well as Natalie, Laura Diaz, and Helen Alfredsson), so I hope the Pink Panther prevails!! By the way, Natalie did not qualify so we cannot watch her!!

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

I almost forgot----this tournament has cuts after the second and third rounds to get down to the Elite Eight. Paula, of course, is playing today, but Annika, Lorena, and Laura Diaz will watch on TV, as their +5 scores failed to make the cut, which was +3. This is an exciting format!!

Announcer said that there will be no ADT next year due to the depression.

What depression?

My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

What depression?

For the LPGA, a DEPRESSION is where your total purses in 2009 are $5 million LESS than in 2008, AND you lose 3 tournaments, AND you, the LPGA Tour, is unable to hold the ADT next year. For the United States of America, a DEPRESSION is where all THREE auto companies are essentially BANKRUPT and GM, Ford, and Chrysler CANNOT raise money from their banks or existing stockholders or the UAW and come to the Congress, BEGGING for taxpayer LOANS!! File Chapter 11, since you are INSOVENT!! For the USA DEPRESSION is where EVERYONE---the State of California, the 3 Auto Companies, AIG, and who knows who else is in line, need GOVERNMENT BAILOUTS TO AVOID GOING UNDER!! The Bank of America and Citicorp are seeing their stocks trade at under $4 (Citicorp) and under $12 (THE Bank of America), and Mr. Pandit and Mr. Lewis are ABOUT TO BE FIRED, FOR INCOMPETENCE!! Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway has lost money 4 straight quarters. SO MUCH FOR BEING AN INVESTMENT GURU!!

And this is just the beginning. Wait until the unemployment rate gets above 10%, and General Electric and other major companies continue to lose stockholder value. So, Jeffrey Immelt wants to sell off parts of the company that Jack Welch built? Maybe ALL CEO's of MAJOR US COMPANIES SHOULD RESIGN EN MASSE SO WE CAN GET SOME QUALIFIED PEOPLE TO TAKE THEIR POSITIONS!! THIS IS DEPRESSING NEWS, BUT GUESS WHAT--------------it is WHAT IS HAPPENING!! YOUR TAXES WILL GO UP---FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL, so as long as you have ALL your money invested in something other than stocks, bonds, gold, oil, or US Treasury obligations, YOU will NOT feel the DEPRESSION. For the rest of us, GUESS WHAT-------------THE DEPRESSION IS ALREADY HERE, AND GETTING WORSE, DAY BY DAY!!

Sorry to get all worked up but some members of my family have been hammered by this severe recession, and I have read about two brokers---one who worked for Bear Stearns in NY City and one who worked for a company dealing with Lehman Brothers in London. Both took their own lives because they had lost EVERY THING---their jobs, their hopes for new jobs, their houses, and all their savings. Their families are overcome with grief. You and I know that if we can read about two, there are many more who decided to "end it all". And SOME of the people who caused these hard times have taken their "golden parachutes", continue to live in their HUGE houses, fly around in private jets (like the Big CEO's used to beg for money before Congress), and dine in fine restaurants.

One of the consequences of these times is ANGER against the bankers, stock brokers, insurance executives, hedge fund mangers, auto executives, etc. because they CAUSED this, and some of them are unscathed, while innocent retired workers, hard working middle aged workers, and young college graduates are going to be PUNISHED. The anger will get worse, and the Big 3 CEO's started to feel SOME of the heat. God bless America because we ARE GOING TO NEED ALL THE HELP THAT WE CAN GET.

TGC, had a "bulletin" early in the morning, and said she may Again, have appendicitis. She is being kept in the local hospital overnight, and a decision this morning will be made on whether or not she will even be able to play.

If Paula is able to play, and she somehow wins today, will she be the new #1 in the world? They were talking about it yesterday, but I never got a complete story on the possibilities. An American hasn't been the women's world #1 for quite some time, early 90's I think I heard??

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) -Paula Creamer was cleared by doctors to play the final round of the LPGA Tour's season-ending ADT Championship on Sunday morning, keeping alive her hopes of winning the yearlong money title.

Creamer was admitted to Bethesda Memorial Hospital in Boynton Beach, Fla. Saturday night, after enduring abdominal pain for three days and exhibiting signs of appendicitis.

She was kept overnight for testing and evaluation, but arrived at Trump International on Sunday about an hour and 15 minutes before her 9:40 a.m. tee time.

"I'll play,'' Creamer said quietly as she tied her shoes in the parking lot, wearing her customary Sunday pink outfit. "Feeling a little better.''

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

• Administrator

For me, depression is coming to the realization that someone on a golf forum still has no idea HOW TO COMMUNICATE and cannot do so-------------------without a bunch of---------------------shall I say ANNOYING HABITS.

This post has nothing to do with Paula winning the ADT. Thread closed. Pez, keep your philosophical and/or political arguments out of Tour Talk.
For the LPGA, a DEPRESSION is where your total purses in 2009 are $5 million LESS than in 2008, AND you lose 3 tournaments, AND you, the LPGA Tour, is unable to hold the ADT next year. For the United States of America, a DEPRESSION is where all THREE auto companies are essentially BANKRUPT and GM, Ford, and Chrysler CANNOT raise money from their banks or existing stockholders or the UAW and come to the Congress, BEGGING for taxpayer LOANS!! File Chapter 11, since you are INSOVENT!! For the USA DEPRESSION is where EVERYONE---the State of California, the 3 Auto Companies, AIG, and who knows who else is in line, need GOVERNMENT BAILOUTS TO AVOID GOING UNDER!! The Bank of America and Citicorp are seeing their stocks trade at under $4 (Citicorp) and under $12 (THE Bank of America), and Mr. Pandit and Mr. Lewis are ABOUT TO BE FIRED, FOR INCOMPETENCE!! Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway has lost money 4 straight quarters. SO MUCH FOR BEING AN INVESTMENT GURU!!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5654 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!