IGNORED

taylormade tour burner tp

pshizz
Note: This thread is 5648 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It is increadably hard to hit, but when you hit it well it is one of the best feeling clubs out there. If I were you though I would probably just get the R7 Limited, it is baisicly a TP club, it has a sweet shaft, and an open club head.

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

I am considering the same club also, I am planning to bring my driver and choose a couple from the list below and hit them on the launch monitor and see what looks the best on paper then hit them on the driving range to finally decide.

Taylor Made Tour Burner TP
Taylor Made Burner Tp
Taylor Made R7 Limited
Taylor Made CGB
Titleist 909
Callaway
Others

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I am considering the same club also, I am planning to bring my driver and choose a couple from the list below and hit them on the launch monitor and see what looks the best on paper then hit them on the driving range to finally decide.

Let us know how you get on with these,it would be great if you could rank them in a list,

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

the taylormade tour burner tp is a great driver but is semi hard to hit its not really hard but not as much forgivness as my friends r7 ltd thats just my opion based of 18 holes with each gotta love friends that always buy equiment to mouch off of

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

It is increadably hard to hit, but when you hit it well it is one of the best feeling clubs out there. If I were you though I would probably just get the R7 Limited, it is baisicly a TP club, it has a sweet shaft, and an open club head.

its funny, because i agree with you about the r7 limited basically being a tp club, but according to rumors, taylormade is going to release an r7 imited tp within the next month.

i've hit the 909 d2 and personally i think it is a huge let down, and that the 907 d2 is way better. i also hit the new callaway ft-iq driver and thought it was awesome. I like the fact that it is soo straight, however im getting to the point where hitting fairways is not much of an issue, and am looking for something more workable. This is why i am considering the tour burner tp (i hate the closed faces of most drivers)

try the callaway ft-5 tour. its a great club and pretty workable, and i can hit it a MILE!!!!

In my vaporlite carry bag
DRIVER ft-5. 9* Mitsubishi Diamana BlueBoard 73 X-stiff
FWY WOOD: 980F 15 EI-70 X Stiff
Hybrid: Burner tour launch 4 hybrid
IRONS mp-57 4-pw with project x 6.5 shaftsPUTTER: Rossa Classic AGSI+ Monte Carlo WEDGES vokey spin milled oil can 52.08, 58.12Niblick 42*

yeah it is a good club, but what do you think about the tour burner tp?

I like the whole TP line of drivers. I do not have the Burner TP but have hit it several times. I think its a good club. It doesn't quite have the workability that I liked about my superquad TP nor does it set up quite as nice.

I personally want a driver that has absolutely no draw bias at all, in fact I really prefer a driver with a fade bias. The Tour Burner TP did not quite fit the bill for this as well as my Superquad did. I would say its very neutral in its set up so if you don't fight any specific type of shot pattern it may be for you. Of course its not as forgiving as the non TP models but only slightly so. To get workability you have to give up forgiviness.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I got a TM Burner TP a month ago (Switching from R7 425 TP, both 9.5' with Fujikura Rombax 75g Stiff Shaft) and am LOVING IT.

Comparing to R7 425 TP, Burner TP is:

Pro: More Forgiveness, Higher Ball Flight, More distance
Con: Less Control (Less Workability), Too Long (std=46.5", I do choke down)

Golf: Agony & Love over 3 Generations

its funny, because i agree with you about the r7 limited basically being a tp club, but according to rumors, taylormade is going to release an r7 imited tp within the next month.

Yeah, I have heard that too. What more could they do to make it a TP club, the face is allready open and it allready comes with an ultra premium shaft.

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

I played last years model, then switched to this years. I like it a lot and hit a bunch of drivers before choosing it. If you have an issue with too much fade or slice...stay away as it will magnify those problems. I have a stock Fujikura 60 stiff shaft.

Taylormade Tour Burner, 2008 9.5, Fujikura Reax 60 stiff shaft, 2 degrees open
Callawy Heavenwood, 14 degree Hybrid, stock shaft
Titleist 585H, 17 and 21 degree Hybrids, Aldila Stiff 85 shafts
Titleist Tour 4-PW, Dynamic Gold s300
Titeist Vokey Spin Milled 56 and 60 degreeMaxfli Crossbax 5.0Top...

I played last years model, then switched to this years. I like it a lot and hit a bunch of drivers before choosing it. If you have an issue with too much fade or slice...stay away as it will magnify those problems. I have a stock Fujikura 60 stiff shaft.

i am coming from an r7 425 so im pretty sure i can handle the tour burner tp. What did you like more about the tour burner tp over the regular burner tp??

ny thoughts on differences from tour burner tp vs. 07 burner tp?? im interested in this because one is alot cheaper than the other, and i also know some one who has the tp burner 07, and prefers it.

I personally thought that the 07 burner tp had a bigger sweet spot than the Tour Burner tp. One other thing about the tour burner tp i noticed was that there is a night and day difference between the three stock shafts. The 65 gram diamana flew miles higher than the 75 gram rombax, and i didn't have the opportunity to hit the 55 gram Matrix.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

I like the profile of the 08 version better, seems to set up more readily to my eye. Also, it seems to be a bit more forgiving than the 07.

Taylormade Tour Burner, 2008 9.5, Fujikura Reax 60 stiff shaft, 2 degrees open
Callawy Heavenwood, 14 degree Hybrid, stock shaft
Titleist 585H, 17 and 21 degree Hybrids, Aldila Stiff 85 shafts
Titleist Tour 4-PW, Dynamic Gold s300
Titeist Vokey Spin Milled 56 and 60 degreeMaxfli Crossbax 5.0Top...

define a hard to hit driver? isnt like their "inverted cone" thing supposed to help tht or suttin

Chris Nunes,17 yrs old

In My Bag:
Woods:Nike Sasquatch Tour Model (Driver), Nike Sumo 3 wood
Irons: Callaway X-Forged (Project X 6.0)Wedge: Callaway C Grind 58 degree,Titleist Volkey 54 degree (oil can)Putter Cleveland Classic 2 or Scotty Cameron Santa Fe teryllium "Everyday you miss practicing it...

Note: This thread is 5648 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!