IGNORED

prov1 x

Note: This thread is 5621 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hi,
i was just wondering, out of all you people, who in your signature, say you use pro v 1 x's how many of you can actually hit the ball hard enough to get a greater benefit than you would out of a pro v 1. or do you just prefer the feel.
thanks in advance sam

I am a long hitter. Distance wize I don't notice any real difference between ProV1 and ProV1x with the driver. With 7-iron thru wedges the spin is like night and day. It is very noticable.

I use a Pro V1x and most definitely do not have the kind of driver SS you typically associate with V1x users (driver SS 100 mph on a VERY good day). I used a Pro V1 for a while and had two problems with the ball.

1) I would occasionally hit full SW and/or LW shots from good lies in the fairway and get wild spinners that would suck back 30' or more - often off the green. I don't have the problem with the V1x.

2) I just didn't like the way the V1 felt off the driver. I don't know that it was actually shorter, but I really didn't like the feel.

So I started playing the V1x, although I did like the V1 slightly better around the greens. But all this was a couple years ago - I will be re-evaluating next year when my current supply of (used) v1x'es runs out.

dave

In The Bag:
- Wishon 949MC 10.5* Driver
- Wishon 525 F/D 3W
- Wishon 515 949MC 5W
- Wishon 60* Cx Micro LW- Wishon 550M SW (55*)- Wishon 550M GW bent to 50* - Wishon 550C 6i - 9i (9i bent to 45*)- Wishon 321Li 3i/4i/5i hybrids- Odyssey Two Ball Putter

1) I would occasionally hit full SW and/or LW shots from good lies in the fairway and get wild spinners that would suck back 30' or more - often off the green. I don't have the problem with the V1x.

This is the problem I have. Zoysia grass is the is the common fairway around here and at two of the regular courses I play they cut it really short. I found I need to use the 'X' to get a little less spin on full iron shots. Even when I don't try and spin the ball the 'X' will hold fine and the regular will spin too much. I don't know what it is about the zoysia, but any other grass I play on (bermuda, bent, etc.) I don't have the spin problem and will use the regular ball.

Other than the spin I really haven't noticed if there is a difference in distance. Kudos to someone who can. You would have to hit the exact shot with the exact swing and with the same weather conditions and chart the results. e.g. I could hit several balls with a driver and I doubt that any two would be the exact same.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Is there any ball flight differences between the V and the X. I personally don't that much spin so I live for the occasional back spin I get with a V.

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

i've heard you're suppossed to get a lower trajectory with the 1x, but i cant say because i usually use 1s. however from when i have used the 1xs it is very clear that you get less spin than with the 1s.

Burner 9.5 '09/905R 9.5 V2 HL
906F2 15 75g NV Stiff
735 3 - PW S300
MP R 52.07, 58.12 S300
Original Karsten B60 Hoofer 2

My friend who uses V1s will switch to a V1x when it's really windy to keep the ball flight lower.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

i personally prefer the pro v1x over the pro v1 because i get some added distance with the driver. my spin rate with the prov1 is over 4000rpm's which costs me some distance, my spin rate with the prov1x is in the low 3000's, i get more distance with the driver. most of my other clubs are the same, but i get slightly less spin than with the regular prov1. i prefer the prov1 for its soft feel on the putting green a bit better though.

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

go to the free ball comparisons thread thats all wrong cause the prov1x acording to golf digest has more spin then the v1

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

go to the free ball comparisons thread thats all wrong cause the prov1x acording to golf digest has more spin then the v1

That might well be the case these days as it has been a couple years since I last seriously checked out the Pro V1. But my experience, and the results from

www.golfballtest.com (now a subscription site) showed the V1 to be spinnier (vs. the V1x) for full irons shots and partial wedges a few years back. I also wonder if that has changed. dave

In The Bag:
- Wishon 949MC 10.5* Driver
- Wishon 525 F/D 3W
- Wishon 515 949MC 5W
- Wishon 60* Cx Micro LW- Wishon 550M SW (55*)- Wishon 550M GW bent to 50* - Wishon 550C 6i - 9i (9i bent to 45*)- Wishon 321Li 3i/4i/5i hybrids- Odyssey Two Ball Putter

i think we all just might off cause thats what i heard to trust me you werent the only one that didnt know that the prov1x had more spin and distance and a softer cover and by the way these numbers were off of a 90 swing speed so you gys with slower ss will get a better ball for you over the prov1 if you can keep it in the fairway

jp

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

• Administrator

Here's some knowledge. Question it all you like, it won't change the fact that it's correct.

That might well be the case these days as it has been a couple years since I last seriously checked out the Pro V1. But my experience, and the results from

It hasn't. The V1 is still the spinnier golf ball. Off the tee, with the wedges, it doesn't matter: it's spinnier.

Is there any ball flight differences between the V and the X. I personally don't that much spin so I live for the occasional back spin I get with a V.

In general, softer, spinnier balls launch lower. Holds up with these balls too: the Pro V1 launches lower than the Pro V1x.

My friend who uses V1s will switch to a V1x when it's really windy to keep the ball flight lower.

He's doing so due to the ballooning nature of spin, then, because if he's doing so due to launch angle he's got it backwards.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5621 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!