IGNORED

New arrivals from Titleist

Note: This thread is 6527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Short Grass: Look for it around Friday of this week. Hope it's worth the wait.

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Short Grass: Look for it around Friday of this week. Hope it's worth the wait.

The early word on the punchline:

For the $299 street price, I was expecting the Circa 62 No. 3 to be my dream putter. While it let me down in some respects (the care regiment required for the black oxide finish), it was a very strong performer that has won the starting spot in my bag with its feel and consistency.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thanks for the tid-bit.

Any idea what all is involved with the care regiment. Just curious if it needs to be oiled and how often you need to do it to keep it from rusting. Is it really a pain and needs to be done everytime you take it out on the practice green or just something you need to do after each round.

Any idea what all is involved with the care regiment. Just curious if it needs to be oiled and how often you need to do it to keep it from rusting. Is it really a pain and needs to be done everytime you take it out on the practice green or just something you need to do after each round.

If it is anything like my two previous black Camerons, then you'll have to clean and oil it after every round...and I mean every round. If you let it go a couple rounds it will be hard to clean the rust off.

I've heard that if you spray a Cameron with WD-40 it will help keep the water/moisture off, but I'd rather not put a substance like that on a beautiful piece of metal.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
I got and used the Circa 62 today. I had the best round of the year, including the lowest putts so far in 2006.

I really liked the feel and hit a lot of good putts. Most of my misses were mis-reads that I stroked the ball really well. I'm extremely happy with the putter and it has immediately earned a spot in the bag.

Don is right though about the care. By the second hole it was already starting to show signs of oxidation. After a good rubdown with the rag provided it returned pretty much to original form.

It's a wonderful putter...both to look at and use.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

• Administrator

I still want one in 33". I don't know how much I'll use the #1 I have now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I still want one in 33".

I know they make a 34" that is heavier...350 grams or so. The problem is that it's twice the price because it's "Tour" weighted. I'm with you though...I'd rather have it a bit shorter. 34" would be fine with me. Then it would be close to perfect.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Speaking about Camerons, any idea why they are so few putters in his line that are less than 35"?

I have a Red X2 and Futura Mallet2 in 34; the RedX and X2 are available in 33/34/35, but it seems that all Circa '62 are only available as 35, and most of the Studio Style are in 35 only.

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

• 2 weeks later...
Titleist has continued to make solid irons... I play the 735.CM set now and can't complain. The 775 is definately a much more forgiving set but the offset killed me. I really don't need help squaring the face up and I had to aim well right every shot to sort of pull draw the shot. Take them to a range, you'll see what I am talking about

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Titleist has continued to make solid irons... I play the 735.CM set now and can't complain. The 775 is definately a much more forgiving set but the offset killed me. I really don't need help squaring the face up and I had to aim well right every shot to sort of pull draw the shot. Take them to a range, you'll see what I am talking about

I agree, I don't really care for an offset on Forged irons. The offset seems counter productive for the group of golfers that the set is aimed at. I can't stand hitting irons with an offset now, I have too much of a tendancy to pull the ball when I use them. Although on another note, the 775.cb's are some of the most attractive looking irons I've ever seen. The offset did hinder me from picking those up, so I went with the Rac TP's instead. I'm happy with my purchase, but there are times when I think about 'what could have been' :).

Driver: 907 D2 10.5 - Diamana Blue 65 Shaft
3-Wood: 906 F4 15.5 - Graphite Design YS-6+ Shaft
5-Wood: 906 F4 18.5 - Diamana Blue 75 Shaft
Irons: Rac TP CB Irons; 5.0 Flighted Rifle Shafts, 1 degree flat.
Wedges: Rac TP Black 52:08; 56:12Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 - 35"B...

as much as I love my Titleist irons biggest thing for me was the shaft upgrade...

project X shafts are insane! maybe it's mental but I am hitting the ball better now than ever... GIR% is way UP

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Agreed, the offset in the 775.CB long irons is just too much. The Fusion irons I regularly play actually have more offset in the short irons, but it feels natural because it is a more gradual progression from the long irons. But the 775.CB were like two completely different sets (3-5 irons, 6-PW) mashed together.

The Circa 62 putter is an absolute gem, though. But I hear it is now shipping with the black "Baby T" grip instead of the hand-stitched leather grip I have. Buyer beware.

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

Note: This thread is 6527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!