IGNORED

ProV1's - Enough Already

Note: This thread is 3465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I love when I read crap like this. Please inform me why you care what balls people are playing? If someone makes enough money to afford playing premium balls then so be it. I see that you are a "single-digit". You are probably just like many, NOT ALL, "single-digits" that I've come across........You think that you are god's gift to golf, have a crappy job that allows for a lot of golf, little to no savings, etc........ Am I far off here???? Keep up the good work down and keep saving that minimum wage.....maybe one day you can afford non-clone clubs and maybe even some ProVs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You sound like the most pessimistic, hate-life person, I've ever heard from.

I like ProV1's I like finding them to,I dont buy them because 50 a pop is way to far out of my price range but I do play Bridgestone B330 because I like the softer feel off the putter and wedge's, but hey if people dont mind loseing 50 dollars a month in golf ball's I dont mind finding them.

Mizuno mp 630 9.5 Mitsubishi Fubuki stiff
Taylormade R7 RE*AX 55g Stiff
Taylomade Rescue mid 19* Light metals 95g
Mizuno MX25 4 -52*Gap True Temper Dynalite S/L
Mizuno MP-T 56* / 60*Odyssey White Hot Tour # 1

OK... this is a little bit of a rant...

I honestly don't understand why you even care....Play your game, and let other people play their's. If someone wants to have a $234234234 set of golf clubs and be a 20+ handicapper who cares!

On another note I think ball selection is huge. People need to realize the type of swing that they produce determines selection. I play (Or I should say I just bought) the Bridgestone 330's. Then again my driver SS is 120-125.

G15 9.0 Degree, PRO FORCE V2 77G-X
MP57- 3-5, MP68- 6-P (X100's)
56 (QUAD CUT/ X100)
Odyssey Sabretooth
B330 Black Tour

Hehe, personally I play the big bucket o' recycled balls, but I'm all for people playing more Pro V's. It makes them feel good and I can pick up some fancier balls when they lose 'em on the course.

people buy what they want. why should you care?

I think I explained myself if you actually take the time to READ my posts... or were you being lazy and not reading through the entire thread.

Why did you resurrect a thread that has been pretty much all played out? Furthermore, why did you do such without providing any real additional insight or questions? Also, I'm pretty sure I made it clear that there was no rational basis for my feelings, and I was just opening up a topic for discussion.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

IMO this thread has run it's course, honestly what are we discussing here? Serves no purpose....

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

See, I hate the feel of hard balls, and I love to play shots with loads of spin. Thats why I play the pro v1's

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

I am playing a very tough, tight course today. I will take my 26.3 hanidcap out there and see how I do. I will start with ONE Pro V1 ball. How many holes do you think I will finish with it? 0? 1? 6? After I lose it I will switch back to my Wilson ZIP, which, by the way, feel a little short on distance.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

I play to around a 4 and i for one just dont like the feel of the pro v. I played balata ht from maxfli until you couldnt find them anymore and am now trying the callaway ht hotbite. Anybody here try them yet and what do you think about them.

Callaway Hyper X tour 11*
Callaway Hyper X 3-15*
Callaway forged proto X irons
Callaway 54* grind MD
Callaway 60* MDScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Callaway HT Hotbite

I play to around a 4 and i for one just dont like the feel of the pro v. I played balata ht from maxfli until you couldnt find them anymore and am now trying the callaway ht hotbite. Anybody here try them yet and what do you think about them.

Dude, if I've ever played balata I honestly don't remember, the hot bite is not a bad ball but if you want to play a good ball try the bridgestone B330, B330RX,or the B330 S also if your looking exclusivly ay Callaway look no further than the Tour ix a great ball.

Any opinions on playing rounds with ProV1 x-outs?? I overheard a guy at a local golf store saying he plays them but I always figured they were just good practice balls!!??

Bag- Sun Mountain Superlite 3.5
Driver- TaylorMade R9 Supertri

3 Wood- TaylorMade R5-80XL

Hybrid- Titleist 585h 19 and 21
Irons- Titleist AP2 710 5-PW

Wedges- Titleist Vokey SM60.04 and SM 54.14

Putter- Antigua

"He who rules the short game wins the gold"

Any opinions on playing rounds with ProV1 x-outs?? I overheard a guy at a local golf store saying he plays them but I always figured they were just good practice balls!!??

Honestly I don't think you would notice a difference,I'm sure there close enough in quality to pretty much be the same.

Played in a New Years tournament and broke out the last of my Pro V stash even though I generally use NXT Tour balls in the winter. I remembered why I like the Pro V's above all else with the first shot; It's the way they feel on the club face. The fact that they are great on and around the green doesn't hurt either.

R5 TP
3 & 7 Woods (old Steelheads)
MP52's STX "UR the Key" Putter (black insert)Pro V1 and NXT Tour

If your gonna rant about something rant about people getting down on the ground and lining up their third putt for triple bogey like it was a birdie putt for the masters.......and then missing making me wait all the while

Amen. I always say, "Even if I'm playing bad, at least I'm playing quick" Hacks....I don't mind playing behind, that's part of the game.....SLOW METICULOUS hacks.....make me wanna skip the hole.

Sumo 5000 10.5 Aldila NV 65-X Driver
PC-III 4-SW irons
Custom Putter
Pro-V1 Balls

Note: This thread is 3465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!