IGNORED

Safety Tips

ks8829
Note: This thread is 5493 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

don't drive after you drink, even one drink, let your wife, husband, girlfriend drive, take a taxi home, why take the chance!

It cost about $5,000 in California for a drunk driving arrest including jail time and hours of your own time that you could be on the golf course.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I drive with my iPod headphones all the time. However, I am very mindful of traffic and the people around me. The volume is rarely very loud. And when I do spot a cop or ambulance I'll always pop them out real quick.

Sorry, but that's not the smartest thing in the world. It ticks me off when I see people doing that and I hope you get busted for it soon. Hopefully you won't complain about it when it happens since you obviously know it's illegal, and you should be expecting to get put through the wringer by others on this site for admitting to doing it.

My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

I think it is a good idea to keep a fire extinguisher in the kitchen and more around the house if possible. It is also just as important to learn how to use them properly. The contents are usually meant to smother out a fire. Simply aiming and shooting doesn't garuntee success. In fact, if aimed directly at the source, the extinguisher can actually spread the fire's fuel around causing a larger fire. Equally important, is the type of fire that an extinguisher's specific contents are meant to combat. Check the manufacturer's specifications.

I was trained years ago to remember the P.A.S.S. method.

P ull the pin
A im above the fire's source
S queeze the trigger
S weep the contents over the fire to smother it and keep out the oxygen

But I'm sure some of the first responders on here could give you a better explanation, as this really was a crash course training at my previous job. Most importantly....If you think you should get out, then GET OUT!

Fixed it for you!

You're right that you don't aim it at the fire and squeeze the handle or it will spread the fire. But you aim at the base of the fire, not above it. And sweep from side to side. Aim and squeeze and then go up to the fire.
My Equipment:

You're welcome; it's something everyone should know how to use.
My Equipment:

• Administrator
Sorry, but that's not the smartest thing in the world. It ticks me off when I see people doing that and I hope you get busted for it soon.

Guess we should give tickets to all those deaf people who legally drive tehir cars. There's absolutely no law or requirement that you be able to hear. None.

Hopefully you won't complain about it when it happens since you obviously know it's illegal, and you should be expecting to get put through the wringer by others on this site for admitting to doing it.

Except it's not illegal. Small, I'm a bit disappointed in you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Guess we should give tickets to all those deaf people who legally drive tehir cars. There's absolutely no law or requirement that you be able to hear. None.

OK, so I am looking. I found this, I assume it's a reputable site but I am not sure so I won't stick to my guns yet, but:

Seattle 911: A police blog http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/s...ves/154875.asp Is it illegal to drive with headphones? Q: Is it illegal to drive with headphones? A: In most cases, yes, a State Patrol spokesman said. If you're caught rocking out with your iPod, you can be nailed for a $124 ticket. But motorcyclists wearing a helmet with built-in headsets or earphones approved by the State Patrol are exempt. It also doesn't apply to drivers using hands-free, wireless communications systems that are State Patrol approved. And authorized emergency vehicles are also exempt. The headphone issue is addressed in RCW 46.37.480: No person shall operate any motor vehicle on a public highway while wearing any headset or earphones connected to any electronic device capable of receiving a radio broadcast or playing a sound recording for the purpose of transmitting a sound to the human auditory senses and which headset or earphones muffle or exclude other sounds. This subsection does not apply to students and instructors participating in a Washington state motorcycle safety program. What about hearing-impaired drivers? We'll address that question Monday on Seattle 911. I haven't found anything specific yet for my state from a state agency website yet but I am still of the opinion that it is illegal. Maybe if he only had it in one ear, but I don't think he said that since he said he'll pop them out. And if it's legal, why would he bother? I'm not agreeing with you yet. Prove me wrong or if I prove myself wrong, then I'll retract.
My Equipment:

• Administrator
I'm not agreeing with you yet. Prove me wrong or if I prove myself wrong, then I'll retract.

Let's just get back to topic instead. Happy holidays.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Heavy object left in cars, van or trucks while driving can be dangerous. The danger is if you have to stop quickly or if you are involved in an accident the heavy object becomes dangerous flying objects that can cause you more harm then the accident itself. Remove tool boxes, heavy metal bars from your car while driving for your safety.

Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

ProV-1

• 2 weeks later...
Parents with small kids when you are backing up with your van or RV make sure you know where all the kids are before you backup, even if you have to stop the car and walk around behind the vehicle or better yet when ever you back up from your driveway have another parent stand behind the vehicle and help you backup. Once or twice a year you hear of a tragic story of a mother running over their child because they were in a rush and she thought her child was in the house with the baby sitter.

Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

ProV-1

Don't tug on Superman's cape.
Don't spit into the wind.
Don't pull the mask off the Lone Ranger.
Don't mess around with Jim.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

Use the 2 second following rule so you don't rear-end other cars. It works at any speed. You are ALWAYS at fault in the eyes of the law if you rear-end a car.

In the UK there are some portions of motorway that have large chevrons painted on the road. The idea is you have two chevrons between you and the car in front.

Have you ever tried any of the iPod adapters that you plug your ipod into, and put the tape in or plug it in.

My wife has one where the iPod connector goes in the back of the stereo and we fed a lead out under some trim in the passenger footwell. It charges the thing whilst driving and doesn't have crappy sound quality like listening with one earphone in whilst driving, or those tape things.

The next year of her car came with the direct connection!
Cellphones are enough of a distraction to drivers. One thing even more distracting is texting while driving. Like cellphones, texting takes one hand off the wheel and your mind off the task at hand. Add to that the fact that you have to take your eyes off the road as well. That's a recipe for disaster. I will not say that I've never done it though.

Not only is the conversation a potential distraction but having only one hand free to work the steering wheel or some such isn't good.

It is too inevitable that you see someone with bad lane discipline or the car seeming to be not controlled properly and you then see the person with a thing to their head. Drives me nuts. They've made it illegal to use a phone whilst driving in the UK citing how dangerous it is yet it is only a £60 ticket! If they want to discourage people doing it they should make it a £1000 fine or more. I have to say that after learning to drive in the UK and doing my fair stint of driving in continental Europe and Germany the standard of driving in the US is ridiculously poor. OK, so not as bad as say Mumbai but compared to other first world countries it is bad; rampant red light running, ABYSMAL lane discipline, rare use of lights in inclement weather, all too common cellphone use etc.

You forget the yellow snow one though

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

1) drive with your head lights on so other cars can see you even in the daytime.

these would be my suggestions as well, a girl here at clemson was texting and listening to her ipod when she stepped into the street and got hit by one of the buses on campus. She lived but had to get her foot amputated.

Also, my great grandparents were both killed when a semi truck didnt see them and merged into their lane and ran their car over. I try to avoid being near big trucks on the highway at all costs.

In my freestyle:
Driver: 10.5* G5 with UST V2
F.W. wood: 16* retro raylor with Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold
Irons: i5 3-pw. Stiff cs lite shafts
Wedges: 8620 51*, 56*, and 60* Putter: classics 1 34""Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

I have a booster seat for my daughter when she is not in the booster seat, I use the seat belt and secure it in place to prevent it from being a flying object incase I was involved in an accident. This goes for toolboxes in trucks, and auto anti-thief devises like the club that is made out of hard steel that you might have laying on the front seat or passenger floor.

Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

ProV-1

Haha I needed that...

Don't tug on Superman's cape. Dont spit into the wind. Dont pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger. And you don't mess around with Slim.

If winning isn't everything why do they keep score?
- Vince Lombardi

In my Ping Hoofer 08 camo bag :
Cobra 454 Comp 10.5* UST ProForce V2 stiffTaylormade R7 TP 15* UST ProForce V2 stiffTaylormade R7 TP 17.5* UST ProForce V2 stiffAdams A1 Pro Idea 4-PWTitleist Oil Can 52*Titleist Oil Can Spin...

Escape a Plane crash
the safest seat are within 5 rows of an exit

Walk Away From A car accident
the rear seat are the safest in a car for your kids by 59% to 86% than riding in the front and riding in the rear middle is 25% safer than the rear seats. The rear middle is where you want your baby to be seated in your car.

Color Car is safest
white is the safest and less likely to be involved in accidents than those of any other colors. Compared with white cars in daylight hours, black cars had a 12% higer crash risk; gray, 11%; silver 10%; blue and red, 7% at dawn or dusk, black cars had a 47% higher crash rish than white cars; gray 25%; silver 15%.

Crossing the street safety
The three deadliest days fro pedertrians are Jan. 1, Dec. 23 and Oct. 31.

Test your survival IQ below

http://www.parade.com/quiz/survival/

Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

ProV-1

Note: This thread is 5493 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!