IGNORED

Your Best Shot Ever (not counting Hole in Ones on Par 3's)

PiKapp23
Note:Β This thread is 4452 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Awsi Doog,

Great story, did anyone else see the putt fall? I love the nonchalance bit, too.

btw, Go Dolphins!
Next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election- George Carlin

In the Hoofer bag:
10.5* Redline RPM G5 16* G5 19* G5 22* MX 200, 4-6, MP-52 7-W Vokey 50*, Vokey SM 54*, 58* G5i flatstick IGNITE ball

• 5 weeks later...
Best shot was a slam dunked 8 iron approach to a par 4 for eagle. The ball hit the bottom of the flagstick so hard that the stick cracked! Awesome feeling - however it was a bounce match so essentially meaningless.

Best in tournament shot was a 3 wood approach to a par 5 that finished about 3 inches behind the hole leaving a tap in eagle. (That's about 15 years ago now...)

Last year I hit a really really solid 5 iron to about 4 feet on the 15th hole in the final of our club matchplay. I missed the birdie putt but the shot itself felt so pure it stands out as my finest ball strike last season.

Driver - RAM FX V
3 Wood - Callaway Steelhead Hybrid - Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21 degree
Irons - Titleist DCI 4-PW
Wedges - Cleveland CG10, 52, 56, 60 degree
Putter - Rife Antigua

Not sure; been a few.

Recently played a career shot from a bunker to save a par. Was a shot to nothing as partner was in decent shape but I'll still take it.

Left my approach on a par 4 short and right and in the first of two traps on that side of the green. Pin was back and right so I had to carry the second trap and there was no green to work with. To make matters worse, my approach had hit the front of the bunker and cannoned onto the rear downslope. Shot distance was about 30 yards or so.

Having decided that it was death or glory, made a perfect contact, just carried the second trap and rolled out to about 12"; best par save for a long while.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9Β°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14Β°, Alta CB 65SΒ | Adams Pro Dhy 18Β°, 21Β°, 24Β°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58Β°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I suppose for me it was a shot i hit about a year and a half ago. I remember hitting a reallly horrible drive (some kind of a push slice shank thing) The hole was a par 4, about 430 with trees lining both sides of the landing zone and a tight fairway. My drive went into the right trees and i had about 180 left to middle of the green. I had a tree in my direct path but i had some room over to the left of the tree to get the ball through. So I pulled a 5 iron , aimed probably 70 yards left of the green and hit this huge high cut around the tree that stopped dead hole high on the left side of the green like it was a wedge shot. It's the only "heroic shot" ive ever hit.

I made the 12-15 footer for birdie, too.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

There's a short par-4 on our course that is well guarded by bunkers and I've driven the green a few times, once in a match play leaving myself less than 10 foot for eagle. Didn't make the putt that time so that doesn't count.

Probably the best shot I can remember playing was in a doubles matchplay tournament. I was playing with my dad and we were getting hammered, think we were 4 down with 5 to play and I pulled my tee shot into the rough overhanging a fairway bunker. I played my next shot with my feet in the bunker, the ball about two feet above my feet. I hit a great shot, think it was a 7-iron, to the middle of the green and two-putted for par, winning the hole. Ended up parring the next 3 holes to bring the match to the last hole, where we lost. I was very pleased that I made that shot to effectively keep us in the match.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9Β° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54Β° Spin Milled Vokey 60Β°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

Plenty of eagles, great sand shots, et.al., but the shot that I remember above all others was a 3 wood that I hit when I was 12 years-old....almost 40 years ago now. Nothing special about the round, just one absolutely perfect 3 wood.....the swing, the contact, the trajectory, and the sight of that ball climbing against a perfect blue sky. To this day, when I need to calm down and find my happy place, I can remember that shot like it was yesterday.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;Β  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;Β  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I once hit my approach on a par-4 into the cup from about 150 yards out. I didn't see in go into the cup, but when I got to the green, I was very happy.

Driver: HiBore
Fairway Woods: Prostaff FS #3 Great Big Bertha II #7
Irons: Staff Di7 Irons 4-GW
Wedges: CG10 54* CG12 60*
Putter: Black MaxBall: Trispeed

My best shot was a drive I had on a 384 yard slight dogleg right par 4. The wind was swirling but was predominately at our backs. My cousin already smashed his drive (which we didn't know where it went) so he was sitting in the golf cart. I stepped up, gripped and ripped, but didn't see where the ball went. My cousin asked where it went and I just said I thought it felt good and long so we took off hoping it landed in the fairway.

About 150 yards from the green I saw a ball sitting about 8 feet from the pin on the green. I jumped out of the moving cart and sprinted up to the green. Sure enough, it was my Pro-v1 X-out. I was freaking out that I just hit a 380 yard drive onto a par 4. So excited I missed the eagle putt but I tapped in the birdie.

BTW, my cousin's ball was 5 yards further than mine but was about 10 yards to the right of the green.

Driver: BUL 9.5 stiff
Wood: Insight XTD A3 stiff
Hybrids: Idea A3OS 3H-5H stiff
Irons: Idea A3OS 6-PW steel stiff
Wedges: Vokey 54 & 58Putter: Kirk Currie #1

I love my 58 degree wedge, and have pitched in from all over to make me smile, but there are a couple particular times I can remember that were my best ever. I played in a scramble tournament about a month ago and we were givin 5 strokes on the 1-5 handicap holes. well the #3 handicap is a par 5-580 yars dogleg left. I cut the dogleg over the bunkers and left us with like 260 out. I then hit my 1 hybrid bounced on the green and disappeared. We drive up, and the cup was on another side of a ridge on the green, and my ball was about 2.5 feet from the cup, which py partner putted first and eagled, it was for net double eagle, we won $1,500 dollars for all the skins.

About a week later I was playing with my dad and #9 is a 395 yard downhill par 4, which I usually come up about 20 yards short, This day I smoked it and it carried to the center of the green, and actually spun back to within 3 feet. Made eagle. I was soo pumped up, that the next hole is a 360 yard par 4 down hill as well, I drove the green again, but this time two-putted for birdie. Ill never forget going 3 under in 2 holes on par-4s

Whats in the bag?
909 D3 8.5* UST Mamiya Tour Green X
909 F3 13* UST ATTAS X
909 F3 18* UST ATTAS X
909 H 21* DG S300 735cm chrome 5-PW DG S300 54.08 SM 58.04 SM 64.07 SM Studio Select Newport 2 Sonic Blue Dot...

My most memorable shot was a 30 yard flop shot off of hard pad dirt, uphill, over mounds and a bunker, to a tucked, short sided pin on a down slope. Stuck it to three feet and made the putt.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

I think I had my best shot yesterday, on a dogleg par 4. After a gorgeous 5i tee shot I semi-shanked my 150 yard approach shot and was 50 yards from the pin (shortsided) with a big tree branch hanging over. I hit a little 6i pop shot that took one bounce on the sloped fringe, one bounce on the green, hit the pin and dropped into the hole for a birdie 3.

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

My best and most memorable shot was on a short par 4. Hit my drive to about 70 yards of green. Hit a chip that hit right of green, bounced left and rolled, rolled, rolled, plunk in the hole for my first eagle. I stood there thinking I hit a good drive, what was my 2nd shot? This had to be my third shot. The two I was playing with were going crazy and I was confused.

I hit a fairway once......

Seriously on this hole

http://www.terranovagolf.com/golf-tr-back9-hole2.php

from the whites and with the whole gang watching, I drove the back of the green with my old driver. Great shot for me, and I two putted for a par.

HB

G10 Draw 13.5* 44 " Driver
K15 7 Wood
G10 28* 5 Hybrid
G10 orange dot 6I -PW
Tour W 56* SW 1/2 Craz-e i series putter 4 Under Stand Bag

My most clutch play was in a match in high school where my high school was playing the other high school in my town in a Ryder Cup-style format. I was down 3 with 3 to play. I ended up getting up and down for par to keep it dormie, and made a clutch putt on the next to stay alive. On the last hole, I reached the green in 2 on a par 5 and ended up making birdie to win the hole and halve my match. We ended up winning by 1 point.

My best shot overall was last year on a short (480-490 yds) par 5. My drive ended up just in the right rough. About 215 out, I hit a little cut with my 5 wood that bounded up and stopped less than a foot right of the hole. Tap in eagle. Probably the closest I will ever come to a double eagle. I think this shot was even better than my hole-in-one.

I had my best shot 2 days ago.

I pushed my driver way to the right into the trees right in front of a little house in thick rough. The green was 230 yards away with a giant bunker right in front of it. There was water on the right all the way to the green and there were a lot of trees right in front of me. My only chance to get it on the green was to hit it over the water. What I had to do was hit a huge high snap hook that started off really low to not hit a branch. I had to hit it through a spot that was about 10 inches wide and hook it about 70 yards, otherwise it would catch a tree and go in the water. I had a bet with my buddy going on. He said not even Tiger could get it on the green from there, it's impossible. So I pulled out a 5 iron, put it back in my stance shut the clubface as much as I could it hit it as hard as I could. I hit a perfect shot and the ball flew like a boomerang and landed about 10 feet away from the pin and I made the putt. That was by far the best shot I ever hit. If I was on TV it would have easily been featured on top 10 golf shots ever on the golf channel.

Golf is a game in which the ball always lies poorly and the player always lies well.

One of my best shots came this past week on a par 4. I drove the ball into a fairway bunker that left me about 165 yds. I hit my 26* hybrid about 8 feet from the cup and 2 putted for par.

Titleist 907 D2 Driver
Nike Sasquatch 2 3 wood
Nickent 2 Genex Ironwood
Nickent 4DX 20*
Nickent 3DX 26*Nickent 3DX RC 6-PWCleveland CG11 52* Cleveland CG11 56* Odyssey 992 Putter

Can't count a hole in one... OK, how 'bout a 223 yard iron shot into the hole for a par on a par three after my first shot was a shank into a lateral water hazard? I chose to re-tee from the box, hitting three. Just had to smile and wonder what a strange game this is -- routine par.

RC

Β 

considering I have only been playing for about 8 months, about 4 months in I had my first birdie on a par 3 @ the course I work at. Its not a very long hole, about 130 from blues. I made it over with a PW, but hit it thin, so it went to the top of the green. I was faced with a downhill put, but there was a harsh break from left to right going downhill. I made about a 40 footer for birdie. Was a glorious day Too bad they don't come very often ( at least for me haha)

Note:Β This thread is 4452 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!