IGNORED

How good do you need to be to play on PGA tour?

LongballGer
Note: This thread is 4407 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks for the answers guys. TBH I don't really care what anyone thinks, I have no doubt in my mind that I'll make it.

That is great. I will never know what it is like to even think about playing way and being able to swing those rediculous shafts you do. In America most go to college and I am surprised with that kind of play you didn't have the chance to get a full ride somewhere or have the chance to prove yourself in the big Am. events.

If my boy is a player like that, I will insist he goes to college at least a year. But to each your own. In Europe that is the norm to go pro young.

Brian

Thanks for the answers guys. TBH I don't really care what anyone thinks, I have no doubt in my mind that I'll make it.

Obviously there's lots of stuff none of us know about your game, but it seems to me that your attitude is exactly what you need to make it. You're 20, with (I assume) no responsibility to wife or kids, and if you can maintain that confidence and extreme work ethic through the inevitable ass-whoopings you'll get from more experienced (and some probably more talented) players, that seems like the key to me...

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Give us a video of your swing.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

swing vid please

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

If you don't care what anyone thinks, why let people waste their time giving you opinions you gave the impression you genuinely wanted when you started the thread in January? If your goal is to make it, good luck. If your brag is you can back it up, feel free to post links to the tournaments you've been winning, because if you can physically do what Tiger does and have a pro level short game, you should be playing this weekend in the Fed Ex event.

I'm not sure the "mental game" is your biggest strength, at least not as revealed in this thread. Confidence is good, but humility and honest self-assessment will help you really see what you need to work on. Then work hard. There's a good thread on here which is easy to find started and continuing by someone who is working hard, you can learn a lot from that.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

If you don't care what anyone thinks, why let people waste their time giving you opinions you gave the impression you genuinely wanted when you started the thread in January? If your goal is to make it, good luck. If your brag is you can back it up, feel free to post links to the tournaments you've been winning, because if you can physically do what Tiger does and have a pro level short game, you should be playing this weekend in the Fed Ex event.

Hmm... interesting.

Reminds me of this one time when I ate bacon.

Golf is a game in which the ball always lies poorly and the player always lies well.

One of my friends played mini-tour events around 2002-2004. He was a great ball striker. At the time, he was using his 975J with an X100 shaft, carrying his drives over 300 yards. He didn't carry a 3W because he said he didn't need it. His 2I was enough, as he could hit it close to 300 yards off the tee if he needed to. He was very honest and modest. He hit the ball better than the people he played against, but said they were much better around the greens. He gave it up after his bank account went negative and he could no longer finance his dream.

Yeah, you can strike your golf ball. I like the Tiger-esque squat to start your downswing. Good luck!

Driver= Titleist 909D3 9.5 deg
3 Wood= Titleist 909F3 15 deg
Hybrid= Adams Idea Pro Black 19 deg
Irons 3-P= Titleist 695 CB
Wedges= Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 54/10, 60/4Putter= Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5Ball= Titleist ProV1x, NXT Tour

Whats is your handicap mate? And what events do you play in?

Just be looking at you swing. Interesting!

Driver - Nike Sumo SQ 8.5 degree AldilaVS Proto
Fairawy wood - Titleist 903f2 Vodoo
Irons - Titleist Z Blend Forged Project X 5.5
Wedges - Titleist Vokey
Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2Ball - Pro V1

Hmm... interesting.

I just don't want you waking up eating crow.

Sadly, your answer (and lack of response backing up the bragging you admit)doesn't surprise me. There are 100s of high school kids and other juniors out there with swings as good as yours and better, let alone older guys already on the fringes of the mini tours. Seriously, I hope anyone with a desire to play golf at the highest level possible for them achieves that goal, everyone who loves the game, and loves it more than they love themselves, has a chance to achieve that. Read Coyne's book, get good advice, whatever . . . but I'm sensing arrogance, not confidence.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

Thanks. There you go:

Ha, do you expect that over-the-top, poor-posture swing to hold up under the pressure of even a mini-tour event?

Ego I know. I've got an ego. But arrogance and the lack of a clue, boy, you've got those in spades. Ego is fine if you can back it up.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sadly, your answer (and lack of response backing up the bragging you admit)doesn't surprise me. There are 100s of high school kids and other juniors out there with swings as good as yours and better, let alone older guys already on the fringes of the mini tours.

Yes, you are right. I forgot that golf is not about score. Golf is simply about having a technically perfect swing that is nice to look at. That's why all the 100s of high school kids can beat the crap out of guys like Jim Furyk, Paul Goydos, Ray Floyd, Lee Trevino etc...

Ha, do you expect that over-the-top, poor-posture swing to hold up under the pressure of even a mini-tour event?

you betcha.

Golf is a game in which the ball always lies poorly and the player always lies well.

Yes, you are right. I forgot that golf is not about score.

No, it is about results, still waiting for some. Look, can't comment on your short game, hope it's good. But as for the physically as good as Tiger stuff you are claiming, pretty apparent that isn't the case. Guessing you've got a ways to go to be a legitimate scratch golfer, but, if that's your goal, or whatever it is, again, good luck.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

No, it is about results, still waiting for some.

By "I can physically do what tiger can" I'm talking about flexibility and having the ability to generate as much power as him.

But yeah, thanks. Good luck breaking 80.

Good swing LBG but just wanna make an observation. Everything I see tells me to get into position quickly and make my swing. You take a while to get yourself settled down into your stance to make your shot, something the pros don't do. Are you aware of this and are you working on it?
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

Note: This thread is 4407 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!