IGNORED

Golf Bag Envy

Note: This thread is 3229 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just got a BagBoy Revolver and I have never seen a piece of golf gear inspire so much 'equipment envy'.

It has a dozen storage pockets, an umbrella sleeve, two external putter clips (or for any club), is very light, compact and colorful. But the thing that is the best is every club has its own slot and the entire inner section rotates like a 'lazy susan'. So when it is standing up in a cart you can just rotate the inner section of the bag in a circle to get to the club you want. And it has little notches that hold each club in place so they don't knock against each other.

I had people lined up at the range to get a look at it.

SubPar

They are very nice bags . . . looked at one at Dick's last week. I need another golf bag like I need a hole in my head.

But it is nice to look at great equipment.

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

dang it. why did you post this??? now i want one! thats a nice bag! i was thinking about one of the Bennington Organizer's, but after looking at this one, I dont know...That rotating top sounds awesome!

How sturdy is that rotating top? It would suck to have that thing break.

In my stand bag:
9* G10 driver
904F 15* 3 wood
3-PW MP-52 irons
Burner Rescue 19* HybridSpalding 60* lob wedge Tiffany 34"Leupold GX-I rangefinderTitleist Pro V1 ball

Saw one of these at my local store. Looked nice.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

my father-in-law has one and it is pretty dope. I just can't do it, as I like to walk sometimes and I am still at the age and fitness level where I can carry the bag and not use a push cart. But if you are a frequent rider, then this bag is definitely up there.

Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag

taylor made R9 460 - 10.5 | taylor made Burner Wood - 15 | callaway BB Heavenwood 3 Hybrid - 20 | nickent 3dx RC 4 Hybrid - 23 |mizuno MX300 5-PW | titleist SM Vokey - 50/54/58 | scotty cameron Fastback - 33'' | titleist NXT Tourhttp://www...

I've been seeing more and more of these the last two years... and to be honest I just don't like them. I DO want a new bag (even though mine is only going on 3), but I don't think I would want a revolver. Something about the little clips gripping my clubs bugs me... also the idea of my grips sliding across the bottom of the bag as it rotates. I think I just prefer a nice medium sized cart bag with 14 lined pockets and some decent outer pockets.

What I DO want is a clicgear push cart to replace my bagboy... or maybe that new bagboy that also folds up ultra small.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I was looking at this bag when I was browsing the golf store.

First: the clips are not sliding across the bottom of the bag. it seems the bottom is also revolving along with the top.

Second: i dont see a use case for a revolving top. This is overengineering. I can see 14 divider with clips to hold the clubs. But why would you additionally have the top revolve?

In my Tour Combo Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°
5W: 2008 Burner 18°
3H: Idea Pro Gold 20°4H: 2008 Burner Rescue 22°Irons: MP52 R300 5-PWedges: Vokey SM 50.08, 54.11, 58.04, 60.11Putter: Itsy Bitsy SpiderBall: TP Red

How sturdy is that rotating top? It would suck to have that thing break.

The mechanics seem pretty solid. I considered that issue and after looking it over decided it was worth a try. My cost was $170, which for me works out to about 50 cents per use on an annual basis. It works nicely on my pull cart and when riding it will make club access easier.

... I like to walk sometimes and I am still at the age and fitness level where I can carry the bag and not use a push cart. But if you are a frequent rider, then this bag is definitely up there.

This bag is actually lighter than my Cobra cart bag I had previously. If I carried a bag, the rotating cylinder would not have much utility. But I have oversize grips so the individual slots are good for keeping them from binding together in the bottom of the bag.

I just got a

I like my Revolver too (regardless if anyone cares!), but I don't use the revolving top and clip-locks as much as I thought I would. And I wish it had a putter tube instead of the putter clips, but still - great bag IMO. And you're right - it is funny how interested people are in it!

Something about the little clips gripping my clubs bugs me... also the idea of my grips sliding across the bottom of the bag as it rotates. I think I just prefer a nice medium sized cart bag with 14 lined pockets and some decent outer pockets.

The clubs are in tubes so the grips don't drag the bottom of the bag. The top is cusiony, rubbery - kind of like a car dashboard - so the clips

shouldn't damage the shafts. I haven't noticed any "ring around the collar" on my clubs yet, but I've only had my bag for about a year.

In myBagBoy Revolver: HiBore XL 10.5° ⢠HiBore 3W ⢠Halo 2i, 3i & 4i
MX900 5-PW ⢠MP-R 52-07° & 58-10° ⢠Studio Select Squareback 1

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff...

that sounds like a really cool bag, i like the feature of the rotating top Sounds like this would be a great cart bag...not for me though, i walk most of the time.

My dad is approaching 50 and after a few shoulder surgeries he is considering giving up walking and carrying a bag. He will likely use a pull cart and ride from now on, so I'm thinking this bag might be a good set up for him as he has trouble organizing the Ogio cart bag I got him 2 years ago.

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

Congrats on your purchase! As you can see from my sig, I have this bag also--I think it's awesome. I've had this bag for two years & couldn't be more happy with it. I use it a minimum of three times a week on a push cart & I've had no problems with it. It is a bit bulky when used on a regular cart, but then, most cart bags are. --LBB

Bag: Bagboy NXO Revolver
Driver: Dymo STR8-FIT Tour 9.5
3w: Nike T405w: Nike T40Irons: Mizuno MP-33 3-PWSW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 56/10LW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 60/06Ball: Nike TA2/SPN

Nice bag SubPar. You have every right to be proud of it! I think I'll make it my next bag that I get.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

I just got a

Sounds like a cool bag. I have a Sun Mountain that similarly has 15 individual slots for clubs, one of which is lower down on the face and separated so your putter doesn't bang around. Don't know why they have 15 (umbrella?) but it's a great cart bag. The revolver thing is a great idea, though. Somebody's using their noggin.

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

I could see where these would be very helpful.

I was aggravated Friday when playing.....couldn't pull clubs out for some reason....they had been jammed in at grips.....had all the slots evenly loaded....not sure why it happened.

Got to see one of these first hand to really understand it.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

My grips would also bind together in my old bag. Sometimes I wasn't sure I was going to get the d&%! club I wanted out at all.

I used this BagBoy on a course several times over the last few days and I am loving it more by the minute. There are other designs with slots that keep the grips separated, but the revolving cylinder is really "the bomb". No matter which club I want, I just spin the thing around and it is on top! It so well designed, I can spin the clubs around with one finger! SubPar

I just looked at one of these at Dick's Sporting Goods and I really liked it. I wouldn't have even thought to look if hadn't have been for your post.

The cylinder rotated a lot easier than I expected. I can see where this would be very handy as a cart bag.

By the way, because I was looking for the Bagboy I happened to notice little Walter Hagen stand bags for kids. On closer inspection I noticed that the sale tag said $6.91. I figured it was a misprint so I asked the cashier. Sure enough, that was the correct price. My 5 year old will be thrilled with his new stand bag. Almost as thrilled as I was paying seven bucks for it!

Note: This thread is 3229 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!