IGNORED

Best US golf destinations

Big_M
Note: This thread is 5722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Favorite US Golf Destination

• Myrtle Beach
    • Florida
    • Oregon and Northern West Coast
    • Northern Michigan and Great Lakes
    • North Carolina Sandhills
    • Vegas and Desert Golf
    • RTJ Trail and Georgia
    • Other - specify in thread

Sorry to throw the thread offtrack. I totally agree the UK would rival any US destination but the price of petrol, the exchange rate (although better now) and overall cost of living makes a UK trip very expensive. Granted hotel/cottage rates are reasonable, discounts are available and I personally would prefer to stay within a small area to limit driving. Pace of play is better too and walking is prevalent. Hope the exchange rate gets to .75GBP or better.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I love desert golf as it's so much different from what we have here in Minnesota. Tucson is where I've been the most, but have also been to Phoenix a couple times and Palm Desert once. Sunset rounds in the desert are beautiful. Never been a fan of Florida golf, but then have never played anywhere considered top notch down there either. Someone made a comment about liking desert golf, but not Las Vegas golf. I've never played in Vegas, but am wondering what that comment means. FYI..... golf in northern Minnesota is outstanding in the late summer/fall for those of you not from around here.

G15 9* w/Aldila Serrano 63S
FT 4 wood w/ Aldila NVS 75S
i15 20* hybrid w/UST Mamiya Avix Core Tour Red 84S
4-PW MP-57 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 (+0.5")
52, 56 and 60 degree MP-10 Satin w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge FlexStudio Stock #4, BB25, Fastback 1.5 or Backstryke Blade..... @ 34"P...

• 2 weeks later...
No choice for the Palm Springs area? Huh? I vote other...

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

No choice for the Palm Springs area? Huh? I vote other...

yeah... in the poll I'm sure I left a lot of people's favorites out. I was trying to include mostly places people traveled to specifically for golf. I'm not super familiar with the geography of SoCal, but it seems as though those courses get more play by locals than by people on golf trips, but I don't really know.

For example... if I were to ask around at a golf course in Northern MI or the Sandhills of NC, I would bet that more than 80% of those people would be from out of town... same goes for Myrtle and certain Florida areas... I'm not sure what the result would be in Palm Springs?
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Note: This thread is 5722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!