IGNORED

Whats your favorite putting tip?

Note: This thread is 5581 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Being relatively new to the game (or recently returning to the game) it's "Get it closer to the hole!"

At this point in time, this means trying to get within 3 feet if I am more than 10 ft from the hole, and trying to get it into the hole if it's 10' or closer.

In the bag:
Driver: Rapture V2, 9 degree, stiff shaft
Fairway Woods: X-Hot 3 wood
Hybrid: 3H
Irons: J36 PC 4-PW Project X 6.0 Shafts, FlightedWedges: CG14, 50 54 and 58 degree Putter: Guerin Rife 2 Bar with Winn grip B330S Pro V1x

1) Develop a routine that works for you and stick to it. It can be slightly different for short and long putts, as long as you keep doing it.
2) Committ to your putts, once you have decided what your target is you shouldn't be thinking of anything else except hitting the ball to your target, if you've read it right it will go in, if not it was just a bad read and not because of anything else.
3) Most importantly be a confident putter. Never, ever think you're not a good putter, once you start thinking it then you believe it and then it will become true.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

Give the ball a chance to go in.

The last round I played there was a guy in the group who left birdie putts short on his first three chances. That guy was me.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Relax your hands, bend at the waist, rotate your shoulders, and Follow Through. I see alot of the people I play with jab at the ball and stop the clubface when they make contact with the ball instead of following through after contact.
Driver: '07 Burner 10.5* R Flex ReAx Shaft
3 Wood: '07 Burner 15* R Flex ReAx Shaft
Utility: '07 Burner Rescue 19* R Flex Reax Shaft
Irons: MP-33 3-PW S300 Shaft
Wedge: X-Forged 52* Steel Shaft Wedge: X-Forged 58* MD-C Steel Shaft Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Burner TP

Focus on solid contact, ie. getting the ball to roll perfectly up and down, not wobbling or sideways. Put a circle on some balls and hit them so they roll on the circle. If you focus on solid contact you will slow down and accelerate through the ball on the line of the putt or to the hole.

I was recently given some solid advice from an excellent golfer after our round. I expressed my frustration with my hot & cold putting streaks from round to round.

He noticed a couple of times that I was not following through on the stroke. It seemed that I was unconsiously getting tense and tenative with my stroke...truly a case of bad results creating worse results.

He gave me a drill to try on the warm up green to help groove a flowing stroke for the round.

The other thing that really helps me is to grasp the putter in my right hand with my thumb fully on top of the shaft....align the putter behind the ball and then add my right hand...also with my left thumb on top.

One / two combination punch....just like in full swings....grip and follow through.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Get fit for the proper length putter.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Bag #1
DRIVER: TourSwing TVC 10.5*w/VooDoo
FW: Geek 15* w/Graman Limey
FW: TourSwing Thunder 19* w/Graman Limey
HYBRIDS: #4 #5 Alpha RX Low w/Graman LimeyIRONS: Nakashima NP-2 w/Accra i SeriesWEDGES: Same as abovePUTTER: Slighter Olympia #1

i like to warm up with some one handed putts with my right hand..it gives me a feel for the sweet spot and a solid putt.

R7 SuperQuad 10.5 Aldila nv 65-s
Burner 15 UST proforce V2
Pro Gold Tour Prototype 23 Matrix Ozik
Pro Gold Tour Prototype 18 Matrix Ozik
AP2 5-PW Vokey SM52.08Vokey SM56.10Vokey SM60.04 Studio Style Newport 2

The best tip I've ever gotten was "Forget about thinking, just hit it". Sometimes I'll think too much on how it's going to break if I hit it this hard or whatever. I'm starting to just pick a spot. Commit to it, and hit it.

One thing I always do when putting down hill is hit the ball off the toe . It makes it easier (for me) to control the distance.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

As in all golf swings, never decelerate the club head. Regulate distance by changing the length of the backswing while always maintaining the same swing tempo.

Note: This thread is 5581 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!