IGNORED

What are your favorite beers?

acj990
Note: This thread is 5496 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

yuengling lager will always be my favorite american beer. I like a black and tan every once in a while as well. I also really enjoy heiniken every once in a while, but it dosent taste the same out of the bottle ever since I had it straight from the brewery. I like redstripe every once in a while.

When I was in amsterdam all I drank was rochefort 10 or rochefort 12 if I felt like getting crazy and it is my all time favorite and can never be topped. Its belgian and impossible to find state side. I could order it online but cant bring myself to pay $6 a bottle.

In my freestyle:
Driver: 10.5* G5 with UST V2
F.W. wood: 16* retro raylor with Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold
Irons: i5 3-pw. Stiff cs lite shafts
Wedges: 8620 51*, 56*, and 60* Putter: classics 1 34""Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Samuel Adams, the official beer of my Beloved Boston Red Sox (I love the taste, and am glad to show support for America's baseball team!!). John Smoltz is so smart to join the best team in baseball!

2. Killian's Red

3. Michelob Ultra

4. Saranac Black and Tan and Utica Club, brewed in Utica, NY, our neighbor to the west---my neighbor retired from there and he is so happy to see me sip those suds--"Thanks for helping make my pension more secure," he says.

5. Heineken

6. Old Slugger, brewed in Milford, NY, just south of Cooperstown (pretty appropriate name, don't you think?). Other beers brewed at the Cooperstown Brewery are Benchwarmers, Nine Man Ale, and others with baseball names.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Can't really say in this country but lets say I collect killians and Guinness items.

Bag: Ogio
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5 gold stiff
3W: Pro Select 15*
Irons: Pro Select 3-PW
Wedge:Adams Tom Watson set GW, SW, LWPutter: Cleveland VP 1balls: E6+ or Srixonshoes: Adidas powerband"Stop looking at my ears and play!"Home course. Antler Creek; tees; Black 77.5/150, Gold...

Hot summer day on the course = Michelob Ultra with Lime or Corona
Any other time = Fat Tire or Budweiser American Ale

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

I have Michael Jackson's (the fat whiskey and beer dude, not the skinny pop star) books and love beer. I homebrewed for years.

I like to support my local Texas economy by drinking local brew (Celis in the 90s, Lone Star, Shiner, etc) My last purchase of beer was Saint Arnold's (Houston Brewery).

My favorite beers are from Belgium. They have a clean, unique balance of refreshing feel and full bodied taste. Example Duvel.

I hardly drink anymore (the last time I had a beer was Thanksgiving) I am on call 24/7.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

the 120min is great but I also advise to drink it slow. A six pack of that and most any good drinker is done.

Strange, I've only ever seen the 90min or 60min available as a 6 pack. The 120min is usually sold in single bottles, and in rather limited numbers.

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

- Corona.
- Victoria.
- Pacifico
- Indio
- Sol
- Modelo
- León

Greetings!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Shiner Bock (and other varieties are good, too)
Fat Tire

I'll mix in some others that my buddies recommend, but those are the two staples.

What I play:

Driver: XLS Hibore 9.5* Fit-On Red (S)
Woods: Tour XPC 16* Graffaloy ProLite (S)
Hybrid: Exotics 3HIrons: Reid Lockhart 3-SWWedge: rac 60*Putter: a crappy $20 Academy putter (but it works!)

Strange, I've only ever seen the 90min or 60min available as a 6 pack. The 120min is usually sold in single bottles, and in rather limited numbers.

You are probably right. The last time I had one of the 120min, you could say my frame of mind was slighty skewed. Thanks for the correction, my bad.

Whats In My Hoofer Bag

R9 460 9.5 degrees
909 F2 15.5 degrees
909H 19 degrees AP2 4-PW (Rifle Project X 5.5) Spin Milled 52, 56 & 60 Degrees Studio Select Squareback 2 Pro V-1 Favorite golfer: Zach Johnson

... I LOVE Killian's Red ...

If you are a fan of the "reds" then you are going to like Smithwicks ...

Here's a little story: When I was in Ireland in June, like everyone else, we made a pilgrimage to the Guinness Store House. Up and around the seven stories of "beer fun" to get ourselves to the top and The Gravity Bar ... beautiful view and a free pint of Guinness, what more could an American Tourist want? Well, my wife and I sat down to enjoy our Guinness and, as I lifted my pint to whetted lips with eager anticipation, I was utterly dissappointed in the flavor. It was not my normal "dark, smooth, robust, frothy liquid of the Gods," nay - it had been tampered with , and was so bitter that I was only able to finish the pint out of pure respect of the situation I was in (really, how does one leave a "wounded Guinness soldier", at the Gravity Bar, that he had received for free). Come to find out, The Store House was trying out a new means of dispensing the brew ... they had replaced the normal CO2 in the gas lines of the tap with NITROGEN. This produces a thicker, creamer, head in the glass, but Nitrogen is a bitter tasting gas and rendered the liquid almost undrinkable . Lukily, ther rest of the countryside hadn't taken to that idea and all the other pubs were still gassing their lines with CO2 ... So, I can honestly say that the WORST pint of Guinness I have ever had, was delivered to me at The Gravity Bar, on top of the Guinness Storehouse, in Dublin Ireland.
In my Bag:

Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff shaft
3 WoodBurner 15* stiff shaft
5 WoodBurner 18* stiff ShaftHybrid3DX (18.5*)Irons: (4-LW):Putter: Rossa Indy SportBalls: Reds

I had two beers over the weekend I had never tried, Ipswich Oatmeal Stout and Saranac Pale Ale. I like both, but I thought the Ipswich was especially good.

Driver: HiBore
Fairway Woods: Prostaff FS #3 Great Big Bertha II #7
Irons: Staff Di7 Irons 4-GW
Wedges: CG10 54* CG12 60*
Putter: Black MaxBall: Trispeed

Dark Lord Russian Imperial Stout
The Angel's Share - Bourbon Barrel-Aged
Founders Breakfast Stout
Deviation - Bottleworks
Wisconsin Belgian Red
Kuhnhenn Bourbon Barrel Barley Wine
Driver: 08 Speed LD F 10.5*
Hybrids: A3OS Boxer 3H(19*) A3OS Boxer 4H(22*)
Irons: (4-AW) Victory Red Full Cavity Irons
Wedges: VR PW 45*, VR AW 50*, SV Tour Black 56*, SV Tour Black 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: Sasquatch Tour Stand/Carry Bag (Victory Red/Gray)Shoes: Air Tour SpectatorBalls: D2...

I drink a heini whenever i get the chance...

Whats in the bag?
909 D3 8.5* UST Mamiya Tour Green X
909 F3 13* UST ATTAS X
909 F3 18* UST ATTAS X
909 H 21* DG S300 735cm chrome 5-PW DG S300 54.08 SM 58.04 SM 64.07 SM Studio Select Newport 2 Sonic Blue Dot...

The best mass produced beer is Coor's Original.

Other than that I really enjoy
Abita Amber (Microbrew from Abita Springs, LA)
Bud American Ale
Rogue Hazelnut Brown Ale
Newcastle Brown Ale from a tap, the bottled version is nowhere near as good.

Every now and then, I enjoy a Blue Moon or a Sam Adam's Summer Ale.

Note: This thread is 5496 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!