IGNORED

Who has the best swing and worst swing on tour?

Note: This thread is 3647 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst looking swing on the pga tour has to be that of Jim Furyk's- he swings it like an octopus in a telephone box...but he is one of the best players on tour as he is brilliant when it comes to execution within the magic 6 feet..ie the 3 feet before impact and the 3 feet after.

The worst swing from a technical point of view on tour has to be J.B Holmes..it is just totally out of control but again he makes at happen during impact and through the ball. He is a high earner on the tour in spite of his 'bad swing'.

The best swing on tour in my view is that of Paul Casey's..technically it's very sound and he executes his shots with such finesse.

Anyone who plays on tour though cannot have that bad a swing as they are all elite golfers, no matter how many cuts they make.

It's the magic 6 feet that counts and short game, not pretty swings!

I gotta say, I really like Fred Couples' swing. It has a very smooth tempo to it.
I think Jim Furyk has an ugly-ass swing, but it works for him.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I love the swing of Rory McIlroy. It looks so smooth, balanced and controlled.
Especially with the irons, but his driver swing also looks amazing.

Woods, Els, Wie, Sorenstam are my 4 favorite swings to watch.

I'm not going to say that Furyk is the worst, but it is definetly the one I try not to watch , because I am afraid that somehow it is going to get ingrained into my subconscious and i'll begin to swing like that and have to retire!

Best is Freddy Couples, hands down. Effortless power defined.

Worst is Jeev Milkha Singh from the European Tour. It gets results, but I don't need to look any further than my local driving range to find a prettier motion.

Kenny Perry also has a funky looking swing (as does Furyk, of course). I find that most 'bad swings' are from older players (look at Champions Tour). The majority of younger players have very nice textbook swings. There are a few self-made swings that are not as textbook, such as JB, but they are few and far between.

Agree about Perry. I have no idea how he hits it as far as he does with that swing.

I think JB Holmes swing is junk. It looks terrible. It's very tight and unflexible. He has that flat take away and doesn't produce good body rotation. He has a very weird approach to his shots with the club rocking back and forth and he always "steps out of the batters box". IMO the 2 FBR's are the only tourneys he will win.

Well, I don't necessarily believe we are looking for the "best" and "worst" swings as defined by results. Otherwise the answer would be as simple as Tiger and the guy lowest on the world ranking.

I think we are instead looking for "prettiest" and "ugliest" swings.

Freddy, and early Ernie are hard to beat as far a pure visual stimulation. And I would have to agree that Jim Thrope has one of the most unusual looking moves I've ever seen. (And I've played with him at his home course a few times- it doesn't look any better in person, lol- but it certainly is effective.)

At least Furyk has that smooth tempo.

I love anthony kim's swing because of his effortless power, and he always seems to hit the ball in the sweet spot. I also love McIlroy's swing it's perfect this kids got game. I really don't hate antlyone's swing cuz it obviously works if they made it to the tour.

Note: This thread is 3647 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!