IGNORED

What driver is Phil Using?

dagolfer
Note: This thread is 5559 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Also, if Callaway'd sold its soul to the devil you think they'd have Tiger in their stable. Or at least Phil wouldn't be such a choke artist...

Ummm... Phil just won.

I've been on this forum for over a year, and never been accused of "trolling" If it doesn't bother you or make you think...then don't respond.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

what is trolling????????/

I wont be using the Diablo because its the devil's tool-hahaha this is just a ridiculous conversation. It's a name. Only some mad sunday school teacher is gonna be put off-hardly a market share! I think its a great name!

I mean, I know based on the rest of your comments in this thread that you're not religious, but I still can't believe that you're seriously still trying to hump this argument into submission...

Dirt Devil vacuums are a pos, never had the urge to eat a "Devil Dog or Devil Creme" ( I prefer Star Crunches)...when it comes to eating junk food.

Callaway is at the top of high end products in golf (They sell the most expensive Drivers)..... Soooo... should BMW roll out the brand new "Lucifer 66X Sedan" ? Or Mercedes market the "Mephistopheles F Class" or soon to be the lone American car company (Hopefully)....Ford unveil the "Beelzebub F150 Pickup truck"

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Yeah, what is trolling? I'm sure there's a more descriptive word out there.

I've stayed away from this discussion...or lack thereof. I just wanted to know what driver the guy used to win. And everyone's talking about the devil.

It's a name of a club. I find it a little tacky...like something that a lesser known/succesful company would use, but it's still just a name.

If ThreePutt doesn't like the name, so be it. It could be because he's religious (posts lead me to believe otherwise - and you don't even know if he believes in the devil), or it could be that he finds it tacky like I do, or it could be that he doesn't like Callaway, or whatever. Who cares?

Back to the discussion, whatever driver-headcover combo Phil used, he won. I was surprised that he used 3 wood on the last hole. I was half expecting a "flog" atempt at it! Glad to see that he won though.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

Yeah, what is trolling? I'm sure there's a more descriptive word out there.

Trolling is a very standard internet forum term. It's the act of making an inane, off-topic, or controversial post to get a response. Hijacking a thread qualifies. So, someone who decides to go evangelist on a thread that mentions a driver called the Diablo when the discussion is what club did Phil use at the Northern would be a troll. Oops. Sorry, Three Putt. Those of us who responded would just be feeding the troll, as it were.

(I'm not saying I never do this, just that I try to run everything through a filter so I don't.)
Back to the discussion, whatever driver-headcover combo Phil used, he won. I was surprised that he used 3 wood on the last hole. I was half expecting a "flog" atempt at it! Glad to see that he won though.

I'm surprised that he showed the restraint to hit 3-wood. The Phil we know and love would've just hammered driver and bogeyed to lose it. (Winning today doesn't absolve him from the title of choke artist.) I watched from about hole six through twelve or so and he looked awful with driver. No control. Even the commentators made light of not knowing whether he was going to end up right or left when he swung it.

That being said, I'm glad to see he didn't screw it up. When he plays well golf is more interesting to watch. Now if he can only figure out that FT-9...
wheres a dead horse .gif when you need one...

Well put.

Dirt Devil vacuums are a pos, never had the urge to eat a "Devil Dog or Devil Creme" ( I prefer Star Crunches)...when it comes to eating junk food.

No. That would make no sense with cars. Golf clubs on the other hand, it would make sense. The name Diablo implies that the club is hot, and powerful. Almost the exact same as Nike's Sasquatch, but you could have very well complained as that being offensive because a Sasquatch is a fictional creature, and that Nike's CEO believes in fiction. And, again, if you are not at all religious, why would you care? It seems pretty off to me.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

• Administrator
wheres a dead horse .gif when you need one...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No. That would make no sense with cars. Golf clubs on the other hand, it would make sense. The name

Wow, car companies do not market cars as "hot and powerful"???

I guess you do not have access to a TV.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx 15* - X flex

Boy Phill really does bring out the best in people.Lets see we went from Phill winning with a new FT-9 with some exoctic hosel on it ---to The devil made him do it to his headcover spouted green pea soup on the 7th hole!

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Perhaps Callaway should hire Flip Wilson to be its spokesman for the Diablo series of products. After all, if you remember, "The devil made him do it!" Of course, I always preferred "Geraldine."

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Yes, how absurd.

Imagine, Lamborghini would name a car Lamborghini Diablo. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_Diablo Actually, the FT-IQ has more than once been compared to the looks of a Lamborghini.

In my Tour Combo Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°
5W: 2008 Burner 18°
3H: Idea Pro Gold 20°4H: 2008 Burner Rescue 22°Irons: MP52 R300 5-PWedges: Vokey SM 50.08, 54.11, 58.04, 60.11Putter: Itsy Bitsy SpiderBall: TP Red

Also, if Callaway'd sold its soul to the devil you think they'd have Tiger in their stable. Or at least Phil wouldn't be such a choke artist...

burn unit

Driver: Sumo2 5900 10.5*
3+ Utility: 3DX Utility 13.5*
Hybrids: 4DX 18.5*
Irons: MP-30 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM54.10 & SM60.04Putter: T.P. Mills StudioBall: GamerBag: Warbird Stand

Oh crap! If I had known this I wouldn't have bought a Lamborghini Diablo, the resale value will be horrible!!

No idea what the resale value is, can't find it, but didn't look that hard either. Looks like they made 3000 of them between 1991 and 2001 or so. Quite different than a Driver that is priced ay $300 for the general public in 2009. I was just asking a simple question. Lamborghini is not a mass market product, quite frankly they play second fiddle to Ferrrari.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx 15* - X flex

Seem to have stuck a nerve? At what point have I ever said I was religious??? Actually have not been to church (other than weddings or funerals) in over 20 years.

Callaway sent out a survey a year or so ago about what name they should use. I voted Diablo because it was the best sounding name. I guess you dont use Voodoo shafts either do you?

13 Wedges
1 Putter

Note: This thread is 5559 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!