IGNORED

Best looking set of irons

Note: This thread is 4346 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by dak4n6

I recently bought a new set of Wilson Staff blades. All they say is 'Tour Blade' on them. I asked the seller if they were a new model in the Staff line, and he said they were actually a re-issue of a classic FG model (FG2 I think) made for one of the large distributors. Anyway, they are drop dead gorgeous!

Before that, I had Macgreggor MT pro M blades, (my son is now playing them), and they are pretty easy on the eyes also...

Those are pretty nice ^^^

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

Sorry but that's ridiculous. "best looking" most definitely does not mean "the best for your game"

By your logic my little Toyota Yaris is the best looking car in the world because it's perfect for me with the limited parking around my home, insurance, miles per gallon and price of the vehicle. Quite clearly though in reality there are a lot better looking cars out there.

Best looking = Best aesthetic appearance; it has nothing at all to do with performance.

You are incorrect for 2 reasons

1) Love is blind and ugly clubs look beautiful when sufficiently motivated to overlook the flaws. Just like the girls get prettier at closing time.

2) Although the movie star may be much more attractive as defined by the media what comes out of the husbands mouth better be his wife's name

That being said I nominate Hogan Apex Edge for all the reasons I describe.  But when the "wife" ain't looking I might peek at the Mizuno forged irons now and then.

ok laugh at me for being nostalgic... Titleist 990 or 990bs... play like forged but are somewhat forgiving... and look great at set-up

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

vas_792_med.jpg

Blades are for losers!  Behold the most beautiful club in recorded history.

• Upvote 1

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Originally Posted by bwdial

I think I just threw up a little...

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Originally Posted by LuciusWooding

I think I just threw up a little...

Only a little?  Let me see if I can find some other angles.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Only a little?  Let me see if I can find some other angles.

It looks like a soda can that got run over by a truck... Then an unskilled welder welded it onto the hosel crosseyed, and dipped it in molten lead to give it the dull finish. I could live with that, but then they added the hideous decal to the cavity just to make it worse. If it weren't for the decal it might look like a prototype shovel design made by someone who had never seen a golf club or a shovel before, but had both of them described to him by a blind man of low intelligence, made from the inside of a steel toed boot from communist Russia made from low-quality steel. But the decal makes it worse; as if it would fix the appearance of the club...

That said, I'd bag them. 2 garbage bags, to be exact.

In My Bag:

Oh crap I remember those. Put a set of those along with a Power Pod driver in your bag, and put them on display at the Guggenheim as outsider art.

dak4n6

It was so hard to say good bye to my Cleveland CG1.  Switched to Titleist AP - I can tell with these irons that they are made with more exactness. You have more feel for the shot and yet they are more forgiving.

Originally Posted by onthehunt526

ok laugh at me for being nostalgic... Titleist 990 or 990bs... play like forged but are somewhat forgiving... and look great at set-up

??????????????????????????????

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Shorty, do you get an email alert every time someone on the internet uses the word "forged", just so you can admonish them?

In My Bag:

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_miller View Post
None

Can't go wrong with a MacGregor - a timeless classic.

I'll see your M85 and raise you a copper face and a higher/sharper toe I agree timeless classics.

Colokrom M85

Mike

+1 I'm currently playing this set.  They are as sexy at address as they are from a distance.

Originally Posted by bbedell

These are currently giving me a boner :)

Ping i15 9.0 (UST Mamiya S)

Cobra X-Speed 4+ Wood (Aldila S)

Cobra Baffler 3-Hybrid (19)

Mizuno JPX-825 Pro (4-GW) KBS Tour S

Cobra Rusty 55 SW

Cobra Rusty 59 LW

Never Compromise Gambler (34")

Adams CB1 pro black forged, I know they are an older model but they are my recent purchase and my pride and joys 1-adams-cb1-1.jpg

Driver: RBZ 9.5° Stiff

Woods: :nike:VR_S Tour 2.0 15° Stiff

Hybrids:  910H 21° Stiff

Irons: 4-GW Pro Black CB1 with Project X rifle 6.0

Wedges:CC Jaws 56°.14° 60°.08°

Putter: Classic 1

Ball:  Z-Star XV Pure White

• 4 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 4346 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!