IGNORED

Mickelson continues to impress me.......

Hidalgo
Note: This thread is 5532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I thought this article on golf.com was interesting. It's "19 Reasons to Show Some Love for Phil Mickelson" by Michael Bamberger:

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/...885570,00.html
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Phil. I hope he does well. Shoot, he is doing everything I dreamed of doing on the tour, but would never have a chance to do.

I hope he wins a bunch more times.
I want Phil and Tiger to square off coming down the stretch at Augusta.
I also really want Phil to finally become the World Number one golfer.
I know it won't last, but, once you become number one, you can always say "you were number one once", something Phil has not been able to say yet.

Time will tell, and I'm sure it will be exciting!!!!!

I thought this article on golf.com was interesting. It's "19 Reasons to Show Some Love for Phil Mickelson" by Michael Bamberger:

Thanks for the link, nice article. I didn't know he owned a GV. Hmmm, wonder if he keeps it at Carlsbad airport (CRQ, Class D, ILS approach to 200 ft), which would make sense given where he lives. Maybe I could "happen" to bump into him heading for it one fine day while I'm "looking" for my rental 152 on the ramp at that airport.

"Phil Sir, perhaps your caddie needs an assistant at the next event .... or I could help with public relations - look what I've done for you already on the internet!". p.s. it's prolly at SAN.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

"Most" guys on tour would prefer to talk about the Celtics and Knicks, etc. That might be the case for the statements that he is hard to talk to and doesn't have a lot of "friends" out there. It's hard to communicate with someone who has interests that you can't even pronounce the name of.

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Thanks!

My wife looked at me and asked me what I was laughing at so I shared it with her and she just looked at me like I was the dumbest person on earth. Ahhhh..wives.

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

I like Phil. I hope he does well. Shoot, he is doing everything I dreamed of doing on the tour, but would never have a chance to do.

Are Vijay and David Duval the only two who can say they were #1 in the Tiger Woods era? I believe so.l

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Tiger doesn't need a degree and a good amount of intelligence he has been taking Phil and the rest of the PGA tour/European tour to school for 11 years.

Driver: TaylorMade R9 TP 9.5* Diamana WhiteBoard Stiff
Wood: Titleist 904F 15* Diamana WhiteBoard Stiff
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler Pro 20* Fuijikura Speeder Stiff
Irons: Titleist 710 AP2 4-PW True Temper DG X100
Wedges: Srixon WG-504 52*, CG 12 Chrome 58*, Callaway X Forged 64*

Putter: Nike Unitized 35"

For some people it's Tiger all the time I guess.

4-hybrid:

The difference would be "apropos" of something, regardless of when impact occurs. Something must explain the difference in rate of vibration, right? Furthermore, as the original poster did not relate shaft vibration to ball flight, I'm not certain your use of apropos is grammatically correct. "Immaterial" might have been a better choice of words. Regardless, I am certain your post was incredibly condescending.

It was used appropriately. And it was meant to be condenscending. Pseudoscience is not mark to deep intellect. Being a grammar nazi isn't either.

What's In My Bag?
Taylor Made RBZ Driver
Nike Ignite 3 Wood

Taylor Made Burner 5 Wood
Cleveland QuadPro 3 Iron Hybrid
Mizuno MX-200 4 Through WedgeMizuno MP Series Gap and Sand Wedges

Odyssey XG7 Putter

I'm extremely "unfussy" about balls. I'll play anything white and round!  I''ll even play the colors i find.

those are awesome. i respect him alot more now

Driver 2007 Burner 10.5
Hybrid 3DX RDC 3 Iron
Irons Di7 4-GW Irons
Wedges American Open 60*
Putter Black MaxBalls AD333's

Phil has always been my guy. Honestly, I have no idea what the initial draw was, but I've stuck with him as my guy since.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

After reading some of the good deeds phil has done over the years, i have come to like him. He shows personality when playing, and seems like a really nice guy. If you read this article, i bet your opinion of him will change for the better.

just curious, why didnt you like him initially?

Good stuff; he has always had that one of the guys aura about him, which I have liked.

It seems strange that, if reports are true, that a lot of the other tour pros don't like him. I remember reading in SI that some of them call him FIGJAM (F*** I'm Good Just Ask Me).

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

hmmmm. Well at least you're honest, and certainly you were successful in that (i.e. the condescension). Yours was one of the most condescending posts I've read in a loooong time, on multiple forums.
But you still haven't helped us with your syllogism, or lack of it. What exactly was the argument that you were framing? - further explanation from the Prof would be greatly appreciated. You were attempting a link to "pseudoscience" in some way I gather. Come again?

By the way, what would your academic interests have been over the years, since we're talking about science? Just curious. I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours ....

Photoballmarker: Phil would probably agree with you, and doubtless wishes he had been more competitive against Tiger over the years. It is implied in his recent statement after Doral is it not? Still and all, he's done rather well in his career to date and is on a bit of a roll at the moment. Question is, how long will it last and how many more Majors has he got in him?

4-hybrid:

WOW!After all these years of Phill bashing on this site some people are finnally getting on the band wagon.OK only one more guy and then I will really belive I have turned people around.How bout the man from Pennsylvania any love for Phill yet?

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Getting your degree does not mean you are smarter but it does show you have commitment to see it thru.Lets face it Tiger did Stamford just for one semester to play golf at a GOOD school,not to get a degree.Phill's parents made him promise to stay and get his degree which he did.Does not make him better just more commited to his education.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I've always like Phil.

I never get on the Tiger bandwagon and when I would hear people constantly rip Phil after tournament after tournament I felt bad for him and wondered why everyone hated him. He seems like a real stand up. I also love his demeanor on the course. He doesn't go around throwing clubs, swearing or complaining about cameras during his backswing.

I never get on the Tiger bandwagon and when I would hear people constantly rip Phil after tournament after tournament I felt bad for him and wondered why everyone hated him. He seems like a real stand up. I also love his demeanor on the course.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Very annoying to see other pros *cough* that do this. Along with some very nice swear words that you can clearly read lips.

Note: This thread is 5532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!