IGNORED

Jack vs. Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?

sungho_kr

Greatest Golfer (GOAT)  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger or Jack: Who's the greatest golfer?

• Tiger Woods is the man
    • Jack Nicklaus is my favorite

Tiger's too pverpowering. The game has changed, but still, I don't think Jack could match up.

Are you kidding? I guess you actually never saw Nicklaus play in his prime. Nicklaus was the longest straightest driver ever. In his day, no would could hit it as far or as high and keep it in the fairway. Many players nowdays hit the ball as long as or longer than Tiger does. And as Johnny Miller says, Tiger has a tendency to play army with his driver: right,left, right, left! - somedays he doesn't know where it's going. To say Nicklaus couldn't compete with Tiger's power game is ridiculous. He routinely drove the ball over 300 yards with persimmon clubs.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Jack is from the bygone ERA of which he was the Greatest . Tiger is the NEW beginning to a Golf age where it will take another hundred years or so to have another human born who can change the face of golfing history . Tiger is not in the History of golf ... He Writes them .

Jack is from the bygone ERA of which he was the Greatest . Tiger is the NEW beginning to a Golf age where it will take another hundred years or so to have another human born who can change the face of golfing history . Tiger is not in the History of golf ... He Writes them .

Arnold Palmer changed the face of golfing history more than Tiger. Does that make him better than Jack or Tiger? Hardly.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

It's probably an exercise in futility to compare anyone who competed at different times, different clubs, balls, etc. There's no doubt they were both good for golf. I feel fortunate that I was able to see both of them play in their prime and experience the impact and charisma of their personalities and the brilliance of their game in real time.

Even though his regular PGA career was pretty much over when I was a kid and most of what I remember is his Senior PGA (now the Champions Tour) days, I still think Jack is better than Tiger. They had to use real wood drivers which were a lot smaller back then. Jack also won 18 majors and runnered-up in another 19. That means, he could've had 37 major victories!!! He was also playing against Arnold Palmer which you could argue that Tiger & Phil are the modern day Jack & Arnie.
In My Sun Mountain C-130 Bag
Woods: System Q
Hybrid: System Q
Irons: Acer XP905
Ball: Other EquipmentPush Cart: Sun Mountain Speed Cart V1My Home CourseGreen Knoll Golf Course

Having never seen Jack I must say tiger. However, I do not like all of the Tiger Wanna B's

In My Bag: Callaway Birdies for the brave Org.14 Camo Cart bag
Driver:Ping Rapture V2 w BB R flex, Calaway Tour Diablo with Voodoo R flex
3-Wood:Tour Edge CB2 3 Wood w/ UST v2 75 fairway shaft
Hybrid: Mizuno MX 700 20*, 23* MR Javolyn Stiff
Irons: Mizuno MP 200's S300' shafts Wedges: Mizuno MP-T...

Once Tiger wins more majors than Jack there will be no questions he is the best golfer.

The questions is can someone ever beat Tigers majors wins after he passes Jack?

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Well, i really dont know that much about Jack, but i can honestly say that tiger is part of the reason that i started playing golf!

In the bag:
driver: Sumo2 9.5
3/5 wood: 15/17
hybrids: 3/4 rhythm
irons: cci 4-pw, swputter: newport 2 detourballs: nxt

I was an Arnie man during Jack's time so I am a Tiger fan. Jack was great, but Tiger has an all around better game.

Ping hoofer bag Ping G15 10.5* Driver, stock reg shaft Ping G15 3 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Ping G15 5 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Mizuno MP 69 3-PW irons, DG S300 shafts Mizuno MP R12 black nickel 52* and 56* gap and sand wedges, DG spinner W+ shafts Mizuno 20* FLiHi Clk hybrids, Project X 5.5 shaft 25 year old Bulls Eye putter, 33" or Ping Anser 2 Scottsdale 34" First round of golf was in 1963 at age 10. Best round -1. 2 Holes-In-One.