IGNORED

Jack vs. Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?

sungho_kr

Greatest Golfer (GOAT)  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger or Jack: Who's the greatest golfer?

• Tiger Woods is the man
    • Jack Nicklaus is my favorite

• Administrator
Tiger becuase he knows hes gonna beat you and you know hes gonna beat you. You cant say that about Jack . Jack would win tournaments by 1 or 2. Tiger usually wins by 5 strokes and sometimes will 9 and 8 people in match play if you make him mad. Tiger backs up everything he says. Jack didnt have that "wow" factor

... says someone who wasn't even alive during any of Jack's heyday. You weren't even alive when Jack won a major. Any of them.

In other words, if you listen to what Jack's peers said, they'll pretty much disagree with you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

One sees this 'Tiger has same/more competition so often.

Exactly what I wanted to say - well put.

Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Tiger has a higher win percentage than Jack does. Tiger is the one guy who trevino palmer and johnny miller say is the best they have ever seen. These guys have played with jack. Tiger is the fruit of the berry because he revolutionized the game by doing laps around the field. You know what jack said-he said he doesnt mind winning by 1 or in a playoff---Tiger is totally different--he wants to beat you by 20.. Also Tiger's focus isnt even in the same league as jack...Once Tiger beats Jack's record --nobody will be compared to jack--they will be compared to Tiger

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

• Administrator
Tiger has a higher win percentage than Jack does.

Jack also continued to play in PGA Tour events into his 50s. I caution your use of statistics.

Through similar points in their careers, Tiger's W% is still higher, yes, but if you want to say that, then say that. It's different. I already voted for Tiger, and that vote hasn't changed, but let's at least be factual and clear if you're going to bring up statistics.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Long time Tiger fan and have been to more than a couple pro tournaments. But, I've never layed eyes on the man. Get my first attempt at this years Masters. Buddy at work gave me a ticket to Tuesday's round!!

BIG Tiger fan, but boy do I hate it when he takes the Lord's name in vain!!

Hate the sin, love the sinner ... I used to do that myself, once upon a time.

/s/ AHTTD

I think jack is the man. He didn't have all the technology they do today!

Yea imagine what Tiger would have done with that old school stuff. The way he hits shots. He can play any course and dominate because his ability to work the ball. He practically plays with old school clubs. He still uses forged blades that go nowhere on a mishit. He used that PT15 well into 2002-2003. I just dont really see a comparison to Jack Nicklaus-Tiger is the best ever if he ended his career right now. If you ask any old time player like billy casper, lee trevino, or arnold palmer to throw away all of the statistics and say who is the better golfer talent wise---they would say Eldrick Woods

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

. . .Jack Nicklaus was an awesome golfer and was a tremendous influence in the game of golf. . .no doubt! However, in Jack's era there were 6-10 top golfers then the rest. Now there are 50 that can win in any given week. . .! Except they don't because Tiger is THAT good! Equipment has gotten much better than when Jack played that certainly contributes to the distance of drives today and the accuracy due to wedges and better balls. The bottom line is that as good as Jack and Arnie and whoever else you want to name was. . .Tiger is unquestionably the best. You probably heard Hank Aaron say last week that Tiger has dominated his sport unlike anyone in the history of sport!! Hammerin Hank knows a thing or two about skill level and what it takes to be the best! Not only is Tiger #1 in skill level (did you see that putt today??!!) he has the best concentration bar none, and is the best putter the game has ever seen.

Mike

. . ."Commit to each shot. . .and believe"!!

In my R7 Tour Bag:

Driver: Taylor Made R1 "Black" Aldila RIP Phenom Stiff Shaft  Fairway:  RocketBallz #3 (15 degree) Stiff Shaft  Hybrid:  #3 (19 degree) Stiff Shaft,  Hybrid:  #5 Burner (25 degree) Stiff Shaft   Irons & Wedges: CGB Max '08 Black Steel Stiff Shaft. PW, SW, & LW. Putter: Rossa Modena...

Yes, after that 25' putt I will admit he is hard to beat today.It is almost impossible to compare golfers today with golfers of the past.You don't compare a B-17 with the B-29 or how about the stealth bomber?

I grew up with Jack (late 70's and 80's Jack), and he's my favorite. I can't dismiss Tiger's greatness and what he has accomplished in his career to date. Definately the greatest I have ever seen.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I don't see any part of his game that puts Jack in front of Tiger. I mean really, it is BEYOND incredible what Tiger has accomplished already in his short career.
Whats in my bag:
Driver: R7 Superquad 10.5 Stiff Stock
Wood: R7 3 wood Stiff Stock, r7 5 wood Stiff Stock
Irons: Command BK 3-PW Stiff TT Black Gold Shafts
Wedges: 52, 56, 60Putter: Dual Force Rossie II or White Hot XG #9 (Haven't had a chance to use both yet.)

its very hard to say-it would be a close run thing.

if Tiger went back to Jack's era he wouldn't be allowed to play on the majority of courses, although he might be invited to carry his bag..lol.

So perhaps we ought to teleport Jack in to Tiger's era with all the technology and swing experts, dietitians etc!

I thing Jack would just pip it- he was so formidable as a player.