IGNORED

Jack vs. Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?

sungho_kr

Greatest Golfer (GOAT)  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger or Jack: Who's the greatest golfer?

• Tiger Woods is the man
    • Jack Nicklaus is my favorite

That's the end all and be all of your "Tiger's the greatest" argument? He played through an injury? I guess that makes Ben Hogan god himself.

i guess its the media's fault but but back in jack's day, they didn't make all that much of his physical impairment that he struggled with on a daily basis to become such a great golfer whereas for tiger, all you hear about is his struggle with an injury.

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

• Administrator
The fact that no other player who is Tiger's contemporary has more than 3 majors is fairly telling of what I said earlier. Watson had 8, Player had 9 and Trevino had 6.

It sounds like you need to do some reading:

http://thesandtrap.com/thrash_talk/t..._debate_act_ii You may not agree, but it's yet another counter-argument to what you're suggesting.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Dude, I'm not reading all that. Sum it up for me....either that or show me where I can buy the cliffs notes for that article.

Are you kidding me?

TM R7 SuperQuad - 9.5* Stiff || TM V-Steel 15/18* Stiff || Mizuno MP-52 3-PW PX5.5 || Titleist Vokey OC 52/58* || Odyssey White Hot #1

Nope. Just give me like a 3 or 4 sentence recap of what it says.

Phil good. Could be considered in argument of great if not for Tiger dominating. Had won a lot as amateur. Get's bad rap.

Nope. Just give me like a 3 or 4 sentence recap of what it says.

Is there a point in providing more information to you?

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Phil good. Could be considered in argument of great if not for Tiger dominating. Had won a lot as amateur. Get's bad rap.

Thanks. Let me address this question to everybody: Was that really so hard? I'm not spending half an hour or whatever it would have taken to read that article. Unlike many of you, I can't just sit at my computer all day at work with nothing better to do. Phil is a really good golfer....but not great in the grand scheme of golf's history. If that's Tiger's biggest rival, then it only supports that I have already claimed. Gary Player found a way to win despite Jack's success and dominance....so did Trevino and Watson. Phil hasn't found a way to do this.

I'm not spending half an hour or whatever it would have taken to read that article.

If it were to take you 30 mins to read that - I could agree but it was at most a 5 minute read.

Andrew

• Administrator
Let me address this question to everybody: Was that really so hard? I'm not spending half an hour or whatever it would have taken to read that article.

It didn't take 30 minutes, and having someone else read it and summarize it for you is about the laziest thing I've heard today. It's rude and condescending too.

If you don't want to participate in the discussion, don't. Failing to read the replies of others qualifies you as "not wanting to participate."
Unlike many of you, I can't just sit at my computer all day at work with nothing better to do.

You're doing it now, and you've spent more time complaining about having to read something for five minutes than you'd have spent actually reading it.

I don't care for the thinly veiled insults and digs at others who comment or post here, either. Given the fact that you've got nothing more to add to the conversation, I'll ask that you simply NOT add any more to the conversation. And when I say "ask," I basically mean I'm telling you.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Gary Player found a way to win despite Jack's success and dominance....so did Trevino and Watson. Phil hasn't found a way to do this.

Maybe because Tiger is better than Jack, and thus by extension beating Tiger is harder than beating Jack?

I mean that is a plausible reason if you subscribe to the idea that Tiger is at the least, as good as Jack or better. That's the original question - who is better/the greatest.

Andrew

i am quite new to golf, but tiger's recent acitivity at the us open was astonishing... Playing with a torn ACL and a fractured tibia... and winning.... Pushes him to an amazing status.. Not to mention his already completely impressive stature

• Administrator
Maybe because Tiger is better than Jack, and thus by extension beating Tiger is harder than beating Jack?

Indeed. Another piece of reading:

http://thesandtrap.com/the_numbers_game/tiger_and_jack Note that the article was written in 2006.

I am brand spanking new and crushed that now that I found golf ,Tiger will be out for some time .Watching him makes me realize that golf is a special sport. He just make it all look so easy that it is encouraging to a newbie!