IGNORED

LPGA overshadowed by the PGA Tour once again!

PEZGolf
Note:Β This thread is 5529 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Finally, the gals from the LPGA Tour are on TV,and guess what, this weekend is Arnie's tournament, celebrating its 30th anniversary. So---given that, how many golf fans are going to watch the LPGA tonight, tomorrow, and on the weekend? I will but I will bet you that I will be the exception, and most fans will watch Arnie's tournament at Bay Hill.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Finally, the gals from the LPGA Tour are on TV,and guess what, this weekend is Arnie's tournament, celebrating its 30th anniversary. So---given that, how many golf fans are going to watch the LPGA tonight, tomorrow, and on the weekend? I will but I will bet you that I will be the exception, and most fans will watch Arnie's tournament at Bay Hill.

I think they've always been overshadowed. But, I think they're gaining viewership. I'm watching right now. Never really watched the LPGA before last year. I'm becoming a fan. Gotta root for my girl Lorena!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

...and most fans will watch Arnie's tournament at Bay Hill.

Especially with Tiger in the hunt.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Well I went to Bay Hill today for the first round and watched the LPGA coverage on the Golf Chanel when I got back home at my sisters house. Followed Kenny Perry for 18 and headed back early. Always watch or tape the LPGA when I can't catch it when it's on

Thomas " Hitman" Heitman

I'm going to watch it. Last week I went to Bosque Real to watch them and I enjoy it a lot, I'm a big fan of those girls!

Greetings!

Driver: 905R 9.5Β° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) |Β Fairway: 906F2 15Β° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) |Β Hybrid: 585.H 21Β° (S300) |Β Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) |Β Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11 Β |Β Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Β 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

I am glad to read these responses that indicate the LPGA is picking up fans. For myself, I have been one since Kathy Whitworth, Carol Mann, and Mickey Wright were stars. Oops---I think that I just gave away my age. At least, I do not go back to Patty Berg, Betsy Rawls, and the Babe.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

• Administrator
I am glad to read these responses that indicate the LPGA is picking up fans. For myself, I have been one since Kathy Whitworth, Carol Mann, and Mickey Wright were stars. Oops---I think that I just gave away my age. At least, I do not go back to Patty Berg, Betsy Rawls, and the Babe.

I think the responses indicate that you've found a few of the people who tend to watch the LPGA Tour regardless, not that you've found "new" fans that are being "picked up."

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I recorded both on my dvr and watched skimmed through them that night. Some of the girls on the LPGA tour are really hot.

In my Staff bag:
Bazooka HP-5 Driver 460cc
Bazooka OS HP-5 3/5 Woods
Jmax QL Irons 5-PW (Graphite Stiff Shafts)
X-tour Gap Wedge 52* X-tour Sand Wedge 56* Lob Wedge 60* Rossa Daytona 1 Putter

I watch the LPGA every chance I get. Not only do you get to watch professional golf, but you get to do some "girl-watching" as well. Nothing wrong with that.

how many golf fans are going to watch the LPGA tonight, tomorrow, and on the weekend?

There are people out there that actually watch the LPGA for the golf? Really? I had no idea...

So---given that, how many golf fans are going to watch the LPGA tonight, tomorrow, and on the weekend?

I know this: More will watch if Michelle Wie makes the cut. Right now she's the favorite to make it on the number.

Golf Channel, specifically Frank Nobilo, gave out some clumsy info a couple of hours ago, implying she wasn't likely to make the cut given 71 players at +3 or better while Michelle had finished at +5. Dozens of players had yet to tee off at that point. It was no worse than even money for Michelle to survive the cut, particularly given the caliber of the players who were +3 and +4 and yet to tee off late in the afternoon. I wish Golf Channel were in charge of the betting lines.

Well I have to say I wasnt going to watch but got interested and was keeping track on the web when I found out Wie wasnt (or so we hoped/thought) going to make the cut. She maybe the best person in the world but I was so hoping she would miss that cut.

BTW...why did Natalie Gulbis withdraw? Does anyone know?

Why the hate for Wie?

I understand that she has made some poor decisions in the past, which is surprising, given that she was 14 and all. From what I understand, she went to LPGA Qualifying School and earned her card. If anything, that makes me want to root for her.

In my bag:

Cleveland Hi Bore XLS 8.5* X Stiff
Mizuno MP 650 13*
Halo 22 Deg Apex Plus 4-E Apex Plus Gap Wedge CG15 54 Deg CG10 58 Deg Anser 4 ProV1x

Why the hate for Wie?

Yes I will tip my hat to her for going to Q School but there is some people that (a person) just don't like for what ever reason. And to me she just seems like a pretentious, self serving little brat that thinks she is better than every other lady on the LPGA Tour. She hasnt went thru all those agents for no reason.

• Administrator
She hasnt went thru all those agents for no reason.

Yeah, the reason is called "BJ." I can't blame her - particularly given what I understand of Korean culture - for being a bit too much under her father's thumb.

I don't like BJ for the way he's behaved or the things he's done, but I know the difference and won't take it out on Michelle. She's a talented player and it will be great for the LPGA Tour if she gets the time to hone her game and start contending or winning.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wanna watch Tiger in the hunt sure...but I also like to see some of the gorgeous women!!!!

So its cool by me

Sumo 5000 UST V2 S
906F2. UST X. 13*
Sumo2 hybrid 2. X flex. 17*
X Forged. Project X 5.5:
RAC 50* Vokey 54* and 58* Cherry bomb Newport 2 35" One Black

I understand that she has made some poor decisions in the past, which is surprising, given that she was 14 and all. From what I understand, she went to LPGA Qualifying School and earned her card. If anything, that makes me want to root for her.

That's the way I feel these days. When she gives an interview now, you strongly sense that she's been through the School of Hard Knocks and is out to prove something to herself and to the golfing world. She's such an obviously talented and gutsy player, one can't help but wish her well despite all the stupid media hype ......

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 degΒ stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60Β Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Note:Β This thread is 5529 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!