IGNORED

Tiger is Back and that is a fact

Triclone
Note: This thread is 5522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

.... I look at it as a case of Ohair losing more than Tiger winning. He played a great round sure, but Ohair had all the oppurtunities to put him away, and just couldn't.

Anytime someone loses a 5 stroke lead, then their play had something to do with it but Tiger definitely deserves some of the credit for O'Hair's bad play because of how he (Tiger) immediately put pressure on the young'n from the get go.

Btw, I know some don't like this sort of observation, but this was the most exciting golf round I watched in the past 250 or so days ...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you can say he will or won't win because no one knows that.

He is definitely the favorite though, who would be over Tiger especially after a win?

Driver - Taylor Made 09 Burner.
3 Wood - Callaway Diablo.
Hybrid Irons - Adams A30S
Wedges - 52* Titleist Vokey Spin Milled. 56*, 60* Taylormade Rac.
Putter - Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1.

All I'm saying is I am not hopping on yet because I don't consider this as much a win for him as a loss for O'hair. Yes Tiger played well in the last round, but he was down 5. You need help when you are down that much on the last day and he got it. I don't think he's back yet, but I think he is well on his way. You may have a different opinion.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

Yeah, it was totally O'Hair choking. I mean, if it hadn't been for O'Hair, one of those other guys who finished at 4 under par for the week would have put more pressure on Tiger. Oh, look, he beat the rest of the field by 2+ strokes... I totally don't get the logic-- the other guys didn't even have the excuse of being distracted by playing with Tiger. Tiger won, plain and simple.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

mate you surely cant take this away from him! he shot 67 on a course which most players were struggling to break par on and he was making putts like he did on 18 and was scrambling amazingly well! he's just phenominal!

I'm not taking anything away from him, he played some good golf, not his best for sure, but he did what he needed to do, and it was fun to watch. He didn't play good enough to beat Ohair by 6 strokes, though.

Anytime someone loses a 5 stroke lead, then their play had something to do with it but Tiger definitely deserves some of the credit for O'Hair's bad play because of how he (Tiger) immediately put pressure on the young'n from the get go.

I agree. The rain delay and the crowd and media that follows Tiger around also had to be a factor.

Btw, I know some don't like this sort of observation, but this was the most exciting golf round I watched in the past 250 or so days ...

Watching Tiger get up and down from those bunkers was fun. For awile there it seemed like he was either pumping his fist or throwing a club on every shot. Good times.

I dont know if Im more excited about whats to come of tiger woods or When someone is going to actually stand up to this guy like we seen at Matchplay this year...... I want to see Rory mc come up and get mean with this guy. I know its golf but these guys need to quite running away from tiger like their scared of the boogy man ya know haha
Driver Tit 907D2 9.5 aldila spec grid 67s
HybidTit 585H 19* s flex
IronsTit 775cb 3-pw
WedgesTit vokey 52* 56* 60*
Putter Rife Barbados 35" winn mid pistol gripGolfballBridgestone B330-s/taylormade tp black/titleist prov1x

I don't think you can say he will or won't win because no one knows that.

Any guy who is in the top 10 65% over his career and wins 26% is clearly the favorite. I think Tigers win rate in majors is over 30%. These dopes who want to discredit his win today are either trying to provoke responses or they have never played competitive golf for even $1 a hole.

Ignore them. SubPar

While I agree that O'hair's poor (relative term) play today had a lot to do with Tiger catching him, I also know that a lot of that had to do with having to play WITH Tiger.

To ignore Tiger's intimidation factor and write the results off as another player's complete choke, as if it occurs in a vacuum, is to completly miss the point of what Tiger brings to the game....the fact that he is better than me, you and anyone else on the planet, period. He knows it, and we (including everyone on the PGA) knows it as well. He won't win all or even most tournaments. But the mental toughness and sheer intimidation is what fuels his fire more than Haney, Harmon or any swing coach or mechanics ever will.

Sure O'Hair choked. I just believe Tiger had as much to do with that choke as he did with his own game. JMHO

Any guy who is in the top 10 65% over his career and wins 26% is clearly the favorite. I think Tigers win rate in majors is over 30%. These dopes who want to discredit his win today are either trying to provoke responses or they have never played competitive golf for even $1 a hole.

Or the bandwagon missed a stop..................

What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

I knew Tiger would make that putt for par after that awesome plugged lie in the bunker on 12 or whatever hole that was. Then I knew O'Hair was going to mishit that approach into the water. Then everyone in the world knew Tiger was going to make birdie on 18. Dude is Awesome! I don't think its a matter of being "back" so much. We all knew this would happen, only most thought it would have at the WGC-CA.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

The legend of TW continues. We are all so lucky to be spectators during Tiger's Era.

Ping Hoofer Team
TaylorMade Tour Burner TP 8.5* Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65 Stiff
Titleist 13.5* 906F Aldila VS Proto 'ByYou' 80-S
TaylorMade TP Smoke Irons 3-PW Project X Rifled 6.0
Cleveland CG 12 ZIP Grooves 54* 58* Scotty Cameron Studio Style 1.5 35' Golf Pride Butter Grip. Titleist...

WTF is this bandwagon talk? Most of Tigers fans have been a fan of his for years. So what's wrong with getting behind the person, whom most people become a golf fan for, and backing his play.

I'm not being naive, O'Hair choked. But they showed a stat today during the telecast saying since 1999 and playing in the final pair , 8 people have outscored Tiger, 8 people have tied his round and 68 times he's outscored his partner.

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

Tiger FTW

But O'Hair did give it up, can't shoot +3 on sunday and expect to win

Driver: G10 9*
3-wood: 909F3 15*
Hybrid: 909H 19*
Irons: 695MBs
Wedges: 56 & 52 64 spin milledPutters:Seemore FGP Spider

O'Hair did give it up, can't shoot +3 on sunday and expect to win

Exactly. However, would Sean have shot a +3 if he wasn't paired with Tiger? Alot of Tigers winning formula is his ability to make his opponent lose, as pointed out through out the tourney.

mate you surely cant take this away from him! he shot 67 on a course which most players were struggling to break par on and he was making putts like he did on 18 and was scrambling amazingly well! he's just phenominal!

A 67 yesterday at Bay Hill was just Ok. The course was perfect, as was the weather when they went off. All O'Hair had to do was throw up a mediocre round and he wins it going away. Instead, he just threw up. Tiger made some great putts, but O'Hair lost it, Tiger didn't win it.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A 67 yesterday at Bay Hill was just Ok. The course was perfect, as was the weather when they went off. All O'Hair had to do was throw up a mediocre round and he wins it going away. Instead, he just threw up.

WOW perfect!! Thats what ive been saying!!

Driver: 909 D3
3 Wood: 909 F3 13
Rescue: 909 17
Irons: AP2 3-PW
Wedges 58 degree and 52 Spin Milled (oil can) Newport 2(custom shop):taylormade: TP Penta 4-Under Golf Bag (Red/White)

He definitely played a solid round of golf this past weekend but i will have to say the field came to him and not him to them. It is funny to watch professionals choke thier guts out when playing with Tiger.
He must have some kinda vodoo doll in his bag when the others are playing on Sunday....lol=))

A 67 yesterday at Bay Hill was just Ok. The course was perfect, as was the weather when they went off. All O'Hair had to do was throw up a mediocre round and he wins it going away. Instead, he just threw up.

21 of 73 players broke par yesterday and only 4 the day before (even though the course was harder)! part of tigers domination of this game has been him striking the fear into his opponent on the sunday which is what he did with o'hair! if o'hair was being chased by somebody else then firstly the chaser would not shoot 67 on a course where 25 of 146 rounds broke par on the last 2 days, and o'hair would not have choked but that is just the power of the man!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Note: This thread is 5522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!