IGNORED

Have you seen your swing on video?

Note: This thread is 5507 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I recently went to Golftec for a Spring special that they were advertising. For $25 they would video your swing and give 30 minutes of evaluation on your swing.

I thought what the heck......I give it a try! I was amazed at what my swing looked like in slow motion.......yuk! I always thought that my swing was somewhat OK. I usually play in the low 80's and fell that I hit the ball pretty good, but now I don't know.

Anyhow, it did give me a couple of things to work on, and I have to admit that as I continue to improve on the few issues that they showed me there is an amount of improvement taking place.

It just looks different that I imagined.

In My Callaway Warbird Stand Bag

Driver: Burner 9.5#
Fairway Wood: Burner 15*
Hybrid: Sumo 18*Hybrid: 22*Irons: :AP1 4-PW Rifle 5.5Wedges: G12 52,56,60Putter: C 67

I went to a lesson at golf galaxy one time (what the heck, figures I, it was cheap enough). I have the dvd he took of my swing. He told me with my swing I should be a single digit HC (he's never seen me play, lol). I don't know if he really thought that or if he was just trying to sell more lessons.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

I recently went to Golftec for a Spring special that they were advertising. For $25 they would video your swing and give 30 minutes of evaluation on your swing.

Wow, that really is a great deal! Everyone should take advantage of that. It sounds like you got something out of the lesson too. That makes it even better.

I have seen my video on tape (there's a few posted in the swing tips section somewhere.) I like it, but there are always things to toy with. It's why the game is so fun. It never gets boring!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I've seen my swing hundreds of times and always find something to work on. The first time I was surprised how strange and wrong it looked, but by working on it with video feedback it, I've improved it quite a lot. Lessons are always preferable, but I like a combination. You get some tips at the lesson, then work on them yourself. If you can video tape the practice sessions you can see if you are able to do the change the instructor told you to do.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have several videos of my swing. The bad habits are always the same, to varying degree:

* Setup is excellent, my best feature, although feet can drift closed and shoulders open. It stinks to stand up to the ball and people think you are very good, then the shot is pathetic.
* Takeaway too fast and sometimes inside, with hands opening too quickly
* Left arm somewhat collapsed and not enough arc, causing me to play much shorter than my 6-4 height
* Quick transition and somewhat of a reverse C, although the follow through in general is good

I swing better when I'm thinner. That's always dramatically evident. It clears some room for my arms. But I'll never have the arc I did before I broke my elbow in 2 places playing basketball. I hate to look at video of my swing before that happened.

I always get depressed when I see my swing on video, yea. The head dip thing is still there, even though I've been working at fixing that for almost a month now. At one point, I was filming my swing three times a week with various clubs, even my chip shots, my putting stroke, and my mini-swing, scouring every frame for faults.

It's a humbling process, but one I believe accelerates your learning curve dramatically. Confidence wise, I take a hit, but at the same time, it's extremely important to know exactly where you are making critical errors, especially if you're like me and are totally self-taught.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yep, exact same experience here. Never had a full swing lesson. was happy scoring in the low 80s with a once in a blue moon high 70s. Went to golf tec and saw my swing for the first time from different angles.

Absolutely eye opening. I thought I had an abbreviated back swing (I had a very long backswing when starting the game), but my shoulder turn was 115 degrees with a large hip turn. I am now doing a 10 package set of lessons (at $45/lesson) via haggling with golf tech. In order for me to not overbackswing, I have to mentally restrict my hip turn (doing this by pointing rear toes perpendicular to target line (used to open my rear foot) and feel like I'm making a 50% back swing with my shoulders.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

during lessons and on vid im told i have a "pretty" swing... even on the range i seem to hit the shots i want... till i take it out on the course... my brothers rag on me all the time when we play and ask me where my range/lessons swing is... my old swing seems to dominate when im actually playing on the course and i dont have an answer
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I've seen my swing hundreds of times and always find something to work on. The first time I was surprised how strange and wrong it looked, but by working on it with video feedback it, I've improved it quite a lot. Lessons are always preferable, but I like a combination. You get some tips at the lesson, then work on them yourself. If you can video tape the practice sessions you can see if you are able to do the change the instructor told you to do.

It does look funny watching yourself for the first time doesn't it? I just started doing this a month back and can tell a noticeable difference. At first I was trying to correct every little flaw but that put me in overload. Now I just tape myself, work on certain areas then go back a week later for another evaluation. It seems to be working for me.

I've used my wife's digi camera to record my swing a couple times. I just got the leadbetter swing software so I'm going to test that to analyze my swing.

In my Staff bag:
Bazooka HP-5 Driver 460cc
Bazooka OS HP-5 3/5 Woods
Jmax QL Irons 5-PW (Graphite Stiff Shafts)
X-tour Gap Wedge 52* X-tour Sand Wedge 56* Lob Wedge 60* Rossa Daytona 1 Putter

Note: This thread is 5507 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!