IGNORED

the greatest wedge ever

Note: This thread is 5488 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

the vokey spin milled r not the best wedges 4 everyone. i have tried them and i think my cg14's have a better response and feel. i have a 52 chrome and a 56 black. they r awsome, FOR ME. they may not be as nice for other people, but those r a good second option

Driver- r7 super-quad
3 wood- burner
4 hybrid- baffler
irons- i10 4-w
wedges- cg14 52* 56* 60*putter- i-series 1/2 crazy center shaftballs- dt carrybag- sun mountain somethingthat there is what i call perfect, cause it is in my bag.age: 15

I have seen couple of thereads asking about wedges lately and thougt I would adress them all here.

haha.

wow. I guess everyone should rush out and get a set of Vokey Wedges.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

Ben Hogan Sureout, the name says it all, if your in a tough spot they are ace

In My Colonial Cart Bag
Driver: Big Ben CS3 9.5 Neutral
Woods: F60 3&5
Irons: BH5 Offset Model
Wedges: Sureout WedgesPutter: Karsten Zing USABalls: Z

Ben Hogan Sureout, the name says it all, if your in a tough spot they are ace

Holy crap.......do they still make that sucker?!

I had one 30 years ago.........it actually taught me a lot about playing from the sand!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Is your Index right? 36? If so, do you really feel you are in a possition to definitively state what is the best?

Seems kind of like someone with hearing loss giving their recomendation on speakers.

Assuming your index is wrong, you may get a little better response if stating why you like them better (other than just the general feel/forgiveness statement), instead of just saying why they ARE better.

Bottom line with all equipment is that the player has a lot more to do with the score than the clubs in his hand. Almost every wedge/iron/driver/hybrid/shaft/etc. combo is used on competition by players that are much better than we are.

"take a couple weeks off - then quit for good"

- X-460 Tour 10.5 Fujikura Stiff
- War Bird 15deg 3 Wood
- MX-23 Irons
- Vokey 52 + 55deg wedges
- 900 60deg Low Bounce - Studio Design 1.5 - Pro V1x - SG4Sun Mountain Carry and Great Divider Cart Bags.

I have seen couple of thereads asking about wedges lately and thougt I would adress them all here.

Wow.....So IMHO there is a club that offers the best of both. The MP-T Series wedge from Mizuno has the forged feel and control with the C Grind Sole. The C Grind doesn't reduce the bounce of the club as much as it changes the interaction of initial impact with the turf. I spent some time switching between the Spin Milled Vokey and the MP-T. I got great spin with both, but a better consistancy with the MP-T due to the C Grind. Hit wedges that are not C Grind into some less than desireable lies and you can see the result once that stubborn clump of grass grabs the heel.

We all read about the Pro's and their golf equipment. How many have taken a wedge and had it ground along the heel to improve that interaction at impact? If you've read Stan Utley's "Art of the Short Game", he talks about that grind. Well that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

Mind if I ask what's so special about them? That's not mean to be smart at all, I've really just never played them. I've seen a few of them around and they're pretty sick looking, just wondering what playing factors you like so much about them.

thanks! not many people really catch on to that.

the grind of Scratch wedges are unlike any I've seen in retail. the sole, heel & toe relief, make these wedges second to none. trying not to sound like an advertisement, but yeah, the time they take to "fit" you into a proper grind for your swing and wedge game is nice. I was really skeptical at first (even asked about money back guarantee), but after playing with them I am very happy I made this choice. I always struggled with high, medium, and low bounce choices in wedges. the high ones would always bounce off the fairways and the really low ones would dig into bunkers like no other. the medium ones were nice but when opening them up, they would add too much bounce and I would skull a few. I played for 2 years with wedges that I ground myself with a die grind, and I couldn't have been happier. I sharpened them til it literally changed the swingweight. I tried going through all, and I mean all the 2009 Vokey grinds, and none of them felt good to me. so, in long, I went to Scratch. most versatile, most confident inspiring wedge I have ever played. I need it because I miss a lot of greens.
That's what I was going to say. Try some Chikaras, Scratches or Miuras and if you still think Vokeys are the best, you may be onto something. Not saying Vokeys aren't great, but there are so many other wedges out there that can compete with them.

Chikaras are also nice, but they are waaaaaayyyy outta my price range. Miuras are up there too. Maybe after this set I'll try them out, but I'll need to start saving now.

one more thing about the Scratch wedges...the shape is different than other "spoon", "teardrop", shaped wedges. straighter leading edge and shaped more like an iron than a wedge. biggest selling point for me.

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

you need to try the Eidolon wedges. they spin more than the Vokeys do. the pro at my club is a Titleist staffer yet the Eidolons kicked his Vokeys right out of his bag...also, wedges are pretty personal. what feels right for you doesnt always feel right for the next person. there are A LOT of wedges out there that you havent hit yet. id be careful before making such a statement. maybe they are the best YOU HAVE TRIED SO FAR

I game a Miura and a Scratch, but I honestly like the Scratch better. Never really cared for the Vokeys I've tried... Solus makes a nice wedge,too. I don't care for most of the newer Cleveland wedges, but I like my 588 DSG.

Have you played a Chikara? Its hard to find a reliable review, and my Cleaveland is getting pretty wore out. Everybody says Chikara is good, but I can't find anyone whos accually played them.

Vokey spin milled, unless you're going to hotstixgolf or some such to be fitted. Pretty sure the three highest spinners are TP Y Cutter, CG 14's and the Vok Spin Milled...could be wrong though, and that is assuming one is looking for maximum spin... Regardless, Vokey Spin Milled.

I love my Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 and 52.08

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

I have two Vokey 200s and I have to admit, they're going. Can't get on with them at all. Moving to some Cleveland 588s which I like quite a bit more.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

wow. I guess everyone should rush out and get a set of Vokey Wedges.

You mean you didn't already? I thought that this one guy's opinion was enough to sway everyone on here.

Anyway, I like my Snake Eyes wedges right now. I would call them "pseudo-forged". They are soft, but are certainly not forged. Still, they are very good wedges...I don't know about their durability yet. Vokeys are very nice. Callaway X Forged's are very nice. I don't like the way Clevelands look, so I've never really tried one. There are so many options for finding a good wedge today: Srixon, Callaway, TM, Cleveland, Bridgestone, Wilson just made some new wedges, and Mizuno. (Sorry if I missed a few.) To say that one wedge is best for everyone is like saying that sushi or pizza tastes the best for everyone. It's not true and if it were, every pro would have Vokeys.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

I have tried the top brands callaway (I have one) clevlend (dad has 2) titlest (I have one) and some other s in the store at golf galaxy. Like I said the feel you get out of it even if your just swinging it freely is allot better imo.

I wasn't aware that golf galaxy could simulate all the greenside shots you might need during a round. I guess the one near me forgot to put in the bunker!!!

Driver:  the search continues
Fairway Wood:  Ping G25 3W Tour stiff
Hybrid:  Snake Eyes Q4U 19*, 23*
Irons:  Ping G25 5-UW w/CFS X-flex  (on order)
Wedges:  685BX black 56*      Putter:  Wilson Staff 8882 

This has to be one of the most rediculous posts I've EVER read!

I have tried the top brands callaway (I have one) clevlend (dad has 2) titlest (I have one) and some other s in the store at golf galaxy. Like I said the feel you get out of it even if your just swinging it freely is allot better imo.

You have NOT tried all the top brands... and you can't test a wedge in Golf Galaxy... you need to play them from sand, tight lies, rough, rocks, canyons, rivers, streams, mountains, the ocean and otherwise.

Wow, thanks!

good one... maybe he could just tell me what to eat for dinner and what to wear today... both are just as subjective as wedge preference.

well what did you expect. I love them and I think they are awsome clubs. Some people just like to know what other people think about clubs and thats why they come to this forum. I know nothing about u I can only sugesst what I like. ass

yeah, but most people don't START a thread proclaiming the BS that you did... they answer someone esle's thread with such BS.

I'm going to say Scratch wedges are the best. If you've never tried them than you will never dial in your wedge game.

That is almost as rediculous as what the OP said... guess I'll never dial in my wedge game. Actually I'll try Scratch someday since they are great wedges, but your comment is total BS.... NEVER.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

never???? huh?

I had to go back a couple pages to find out where I made that comment. they are pretty darn good wedges, and the best for me. glad your wedge game is good enough you don't need to look elsewhere. imo, you are doing yourself a disservice by not trying them. my .02, take with a grain of salt, {{insert other cliches here}}

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

Note: This thread is 5488 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!