IGNORED

Big Break Prince Edward Island

kleinrider
Note: This thread is 5413 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey Golf Gal,

Hey Duffy!

Yes, I'd say Derek got a wakeup call :) But tonight, Aaron just couldn't keep it going. He's been one of the hardest workers on this show - playiing in so many elimination rounds. Sad to see him turn on himself - memories of Euguene came to me when I heard him say "Coward". I've heard that golf isn't about the good shots - it's about good misses. Brenda's misses seem to be better than the others' good shots. Is there a 4 leaf clover in her bag OR is she so good that even her bad shots are better than the others? Haha... But now, it's just Derek "Charlie" Gillespie and his 3 Angels left. Should make for a very interesting finale. I only did three interviews tonight (Derek, Gerina and Brenda). That's it for this week - off to PEI to play!!! I'll let you know how the course really is ;)

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Best episode so far this season. What a crazy setup they had.

So who do you guys think Derek hooks up with next? My guess is Blair. One of these years they're going to have to combine Big Break with MTV's the Real World!

JK

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The Golfgal system works again.

Eugene and Aaron were always doubtful winners because they were not participating in Golfgal's interviews. The winners make themselves available, that's my theory. I think I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago. So far, 3-0: Kim Welch in Ka'anapali, Haymes/Bernadette in Michigan and Derek/Blair/Gerina/Brenda in this version.

Very interesting format tonight. I liked it. And clutch putting for a change. Even Aaron's missed putts were well struck.

It looked like it had to be Aaron vs. Blair in elimination. That was my only gripe with this episode. I wish they had given away nothing, like the Sneak Peek video this week which was worthless generic fluff. But the brief promo commercial that Golf Channel showed all weekend had three competitors throwing their hands atop their heads, reacting to an obviously important shot. They tried to make the clip as brief as possible but since it aired so frequently it was easy to see the two missing players were Aaron and Blair.

I felt bad for Blair when no one reacted to her fantastic putt. It was almost like Christina Lecuyer vs. Samantha Head at Ka'anapali, when the remaining contestants blatantly pulled for Samantha during elimination. Hard to tell what's going on behind the scenes but it's been apparent that Aaron is a favorite of the other players. Nicole went out of her way to praise him.

I am really ready for Brenda to go. I don't think she is showing many quality shots. She seems to get the lucky breaks. I think she is the weakest player left.

Aaron got boned! For Blair to sink that putt...I mean, geez. Aaron has hit some of the best putts week in and week out, but he always seems to get the lip outs. How many times can the guy rim teh cup before one of them falls? Ouch!

Gerina has looked kind of weak the past few shows. I know she's sick. I hope she gets over it before the finals (i think it will be her and Derrek). Plus I can't take her talking with that stuffed up nose.

Kudos to her for fighting through it. It was nice to see her in the skirt this week.

Slim 11
Driver: Cobra F-Speed 10.5*
3 wood: Cobra F Speed
5 wood: Cobra F Speed
Irons: Cobra 3100H/I 3-PWSW: Pixl 56*Putter: Monza Rossa MalletBall: Slazenger Raw Feel

Hi Back Golf Gal and all,

Well ,I thought I had this figured out but Brenda seems to have a golf god in her pocket. My original finally still looks as if it may happen, Derek and Gerina with Gerina as runner up. I hope Gerina isn't as ill as she sounds. Brenda would be the biggest upset since Ouimet over Vardon but I suppose anything could happen and Blair, although lovely would have to barrow Brenda's golf god to get past next week. So, my pick for elimination next week...... Blair.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

I got the feeling the silence following Blair's putt was mostly the result of surprise and shock, maybe sadness for Aaron, but not so much dislike of Blair. I haven't seen any other indication of controversy concerning Blair. I'm sure it was just that no one saw that going in.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

I don't think there is much controversy with this group of people. There doesn't seem to be the one "bad guy" in this group and while the producers may have tried to make Brian out to be this way, everyone else seemed to like him. That is fine with me as K'Aanapali was almost uncomfortable with the way that they made Lori out to be nasty and then with how Christine was the black sheep.

And I think Aaron is just a good guy who is llikeable. No one wants to bump anyone else out it seems too.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

I've noticed this season that you don't see the one's getting eliminated being as upset as usual. It almost seems like the players that are still on are more upset about having eliminated someone than the person is that is leaving.
They all seem to get along pretty well, other than Brenda and the wall street girl.

Slim 11
Driver: Cobra F-Speed 10.5*
3 wood: Cobra F Speed
5 wood: Cobra F Speed
Irons: Cobra 3100H/I 3-PWSW: Pixl 56*Putter: Monza Rossa MalletBall: Slazenger Raw Feel

What is the deal with the way Gerina speaks? She can't be sick for the entire length of the show.

Driver: Nike Covert Driver

Irons: Mizuno JPX-825 Pro 5-GW 

Cleveland Mashie 1, 2, 3, & 4 hybrids

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4 Black Nickel 54* & 58*

Putter: Wack-e with super stroke grip

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X

What is the deal with the way Gerina speaks? She can't be sick for the entire length of the show.

She can't be sick for 2-3 days? The entire show is filmed in about 2 weeks.

She can't be sick for 2-3 days? The entire show is filmed in about 2 weeks.

Her voice has been the same since the beginning of the show. Are you sure about the 2 week thing?

Driver: Nike Covert Driver

Irons: Mizuno JPX-825 Pro 5-GW 

Cleveland Mashie 1, 2, 3, & 4 hybrids

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4 Black Nickel 54* & 58*

Putter: Wack-e with super stroke grip

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X

Her voice has been the same since the beginning of the show. Are you sure about the 2 week thing?

She has been more congested in the last 2 episodes, I am pretty sure each episode is just 1 day later. It wouldn't make much sense for them to be filming any longer than is necessary to complete the show.

She is just a bit nasaly, but her sickness made it worse this past episode. Probably a deviated septum or something like that - I would know, I have one as well.

As for how long the show is taped, each show is a day, as they make reference to what happened 'yesterday' at times. So I'd guess the entire thing took 12 days (maybe 13) to tape.
In the bag:
Driver - FT-9 10* Stock Stiff Fujikura
3Wood - X 3W Stock Stiff Callaway Graphite Shaft
Hybrids - X Hybrids 21*, 24*, 27* uniflex steel shaft
Irons - X-22 irons 6-PW uniflex steel shaftWedges - X Forged Chrome Wedges: 52*, 56*, 60*Putter - White Hot XG #9Ball - Tour ix or TP...

Hi All,

I agree, Gerina has gotten progressively worse and last week she looked as if she should be in bed. So far as how the show is taped, I've heard several references to yesterday and tomorrow so, I'd have to agree that it's probably taped within a couple of weeks. Also, I believe that the entire contest is completed well before it's aired. Probably at least a month before we see it.

Duffy

Duffy,

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Hi All,

From what I have heard on this website and others is that is was actually filmed last fall.

Mark

My pathetic bag that will hopefully be updated by next Spring.
5 Wood: Palm Springs
3-P Irons: Palm Springs
56deg Sand Wedge: Upswing Golf
58/10 Lob Wedge: Nike Victory Red Putter: Odyssey two ball putter srt Ball: Top Flight D2 Feel

From what I have heard on this website and others is that is was actually filmed last fall.

Correct. It was filmed in September 2008. This might have been the longest gap between filming and airing. I know it's a much greater lag than Mesquite (filmed July 2007, aired beginning October 2007), or Ka'anapali (filmed December 2007, aired beginning April 2008), or Michigan (filmed July 2008, aired beginning October 2008).

For that reason, I expected the editing to be superior on this version. Certainly no excuse not to be. And overall I think it has been. Of course, Brian and Brenda practically edited the shows themselves for the first 6 weeks. All the producers had to do was alternate juicy quotes between a handful of shots. Still, the transitions are lazy on Big Break. Instead of interesting tidbits between shots we are persistently treated to mush quotes like, "I expected Derek to hole it." When the transitions are atypical, like showing Blair walking all over the place while lining up her long putt against Aaron, you know something is different, i.e. she is going to make it. They shouldn't show the teasers of the ball going into the hole. Cut the clip a few feet before it drops so at least there is some uncertainty. In last week's show with Blair's putt, and during the show when Derek chipped in during an immunity challenge vs. Brian, we were treated to a pre-commercial glimpse of a ball going into the hole unexpectedly from long range. All you have to do is wait for that image to show up and the result of the shot has already been given away.

holy smokes i can't stand brenda

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

The thing about the teaser shots before commercials is that you never see who has made or missed the shot. You have to stay tuned for "Who did that!"

Lobster.... Brenda seems like alot of fun with a quick wit. I think they need a new bad guy since Brian bombed out so it's Brenda. She makes me laugh.

Duffy,

Note: This thread is 5413 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!