IGNORED

Big Break Prince Edward Island

kleinrider
Note: This thread is 5433 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

s for the show: I don't think the remaining contestants care much for Blair though I cannot figure out why. They made it seem like she was celebrating too much. Derek mentioned that a fist pump pissed him off, well best of luck playing on tour and playing with Tiger on Sunday! Brenda made a comment also, get over it! Brenda balling over Gerina going home was annoying as well. Its a competition! Someone has to lo

I think ya'll are missing the point. I think Derek was pissed FROM a competitive standpoint. I think he was mad she was in the positition to fist pump and beat him.

I know if im pitching and someone hits a bomb off me and gets to trot it infuriates me. Not because they're "showboating" or some silliness but because i just gave an oppertunity away and let momentum and confidence shift to my opponent. although i do think they don't like Blair ... she is portrayed as very unapproachable and snooty to me ;x I dont partictularly care for her. And in Gerina's defense she is a fantastic player with a great tool set.. I mean a 290+ drive on a lady? There's not many of them running around. If she puts the pieces together she's going to be fantastic.

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think ya'll are missing the point. I think Derek was pissed FROM a competitive standpoint. I think he was mad she was in the positition to fist pump and beat him.

Sorry, I don't agree. Derek specifically said the fist pump pissed him off and then recalled the fist pump at Aaron's expense, saying something to the effect of "Who does that?". Brenda, didn't need to make a comment and did.

I don't know what negatives people see in Blair that I don't. She was obviously hurt over seeing Aaron go, so I don't know where you are getting snooty from. As for Gerina's game, it has its strong points, but she needs to clean up her ball striking. Those mid-irons do not look solid and its cost her. Blair and Derek havemade clutch shot after clutch shot. Brenda must be good or she would be out by now, but she sure seems to be catching everyone on the bad days and she got a HUGE break kicking out of those trees. That being said she has a very solid putting stroke and she puts the ball in the fairway.

agree to disagree ;)

I feel like Brenda has gone the way of Kim this show but to a much lesser extent

now granted .. brenda has played rather well the last few shows, BUT i feel she's gotten by numerous times on people throwing it away more so than her winning.

in the doubles match she made a decent putt , but Aaron really pooped the bed and she moved on.

Hell the second show she was in elimination with William and absolutely should have been eliminated, but William gave it away when he flew the green into a bunker and didnt play a great shot out.

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

Hi All,

A month before the show started airing, theres still snowmobile trails through the courses here, lol. It was shot in the fall, and apparently pretty cold according to Derek. My membership is good till the end of october here, we play till the snow flies and the sleds come out.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Sorry, I don't agree. Derek specifically said the fist pump pissed him off and then recalled the fist pump at Aaron's expense, saying something to the effect of "Who does that?". Brenda, didn't need to make a comment and did.

Agreed on all accounts.

And I was glad they played Derek's comment last night, when he needlessly referenced Blair's long putt to defeat Aaron and her accompanying reaction. That verified how wrong it was a week ago to dismiss the lack of clapping after Blair's putt as the bench being stunned. They were ticked, not stunned. Keep in mind that Golf Channel has an interest in protecting the image of the eventual winner. Last year at Ka'anapali many viewers were annoyed at Kim Welch late in the series for siding with Lori and Sophie against Christina. There were plenty of related comments on the Golf Channel message board, and specifically attached to the individual confessional videos. The episodes themselves didn't portray Kim Welch badly at all but you could watch the weekly confessionals, several minutes apiece for each contestant, and get a feel for what was happening off camera among the group. Once Kim won, it was evident they had softened the episodes to portray her favorably. This time the individual confessionals are absent so there's not nearly as much feel for the mood behind the scenes, day by day. I'm not saying there has been unease toward Blair, or that she did anything to justify it. But for more than a month it's been clear that Blair did much better than expectation. The producers' blogs have touted her repeatedly, long before it seemed warranted. Every brief clip of Blair has featured a beaming smile. No hint of moodiness or negativity. Yet she obviously is not a favorite among some of the other contestants. Right now I blame the others, but if Blair ends up winning this thing I'll conclude the series was probably edited somewhat in her favor. *** Anyway, I was surprised at last night's outcome. It seemed logical that Brenda had outstayed her ability level, and she would leave once regulation golf was the focus. I'll be stubborn and apply that to next week, expecting Brenda to be eliminated. The curious aspect of last night's Derek/Gerina elimination was the loser was gone but the winner assumed favorite's role for the $100,000.

Hell the second show she was in elimination with William and absolutely should have been eliminated, but William gave it away when he flew the green into a bunker and didnt play a great shot out.

Funny that you should mention William and a bunker shot. I just looked at the most recent Big Break video tip on Golf Channel.com, William demonstrating how to play bunker shots. I like his thump out of the sand and his ideas, specifically to imagine cutting a tee in half buried below the ball, but geez they didn't do him any favors with the editing. He was emphasizing how to hit a short sand shot if the pin was tucked no more than 5 or 6 paces on the green, yet his shot sailed over the green into thick rough

: http://www.thegolfchannel.com/golf-v...26000&rsec;=432

Here's another first post, I just found this forum today...some good comments.

At this point I think Blair has a great chance to win. She intimidated Derek on last nite's show...played some fine golf shots. She really does have game although she sorta wilted in Women's Open Sectionals yesterday(80 +75) but so did a lot of other players. And she was playing with Michelle Wie which must have racheted up the pressure several notches

I'm rooting hard for her to win...can't wait for next week!

And she was playing with Michelle Wie which must have racheted up the pressure several notches

The favored team in the basketball event, too.

Derek was pissed off because Blair beat him, end of story. His complaining about the fist pump was pathetic at best.

It would sure be nice if the men on the show would act like men and not wimper around complaining about others and boosting their own ego's.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Blair shoulda been the one to go out of those 4, IMO. I hope It's derek and Brenda in the final. She's been my favorite lady all along.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

I think that both Brenda and Blair lack the game and have gotten lucky. I think Caroline and Gerina aer both better golfers and this show should boil down more to 18 hole matches rather than just a one or 2 shots to elimination. Blair seems to have hit some poor shots that have ended up working out for her as did Brenda. Brenda obviously has a much better short game too.

I wholeheartedly agree with Awsi too. They really need to put more confessional time on the air so we get a feel for what is going on behind the scenes. They certainly could extend the season out to a few more shows with more confessional time and that would be fine with me.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

This final three looks like the cast of a romantic comedy - Dereck is the handsome male who is driving the model good looks Blair crazy because he won't commit - and Brenda is Blair's frumpy. goofy best friend who gives humorous quips through out the movie while dispensing romantic advice.
In the bag:
Driver - FT-9 10* Stock Stiff Fujikura
3Wood - X 3W Stock Stiff Callaway Graphite Shaft
Hybrids - X Hybrids 21*, 24*, 27* uniflex steel shaft
Irons - X-22 irons 6-PW uniflex steel shaftWedges - X Forged Chrome Wedges: 52*, 56*, 60*Putter - White Hot XG #9Ball - Tour ix or TP...

I'll miss Gerina :(

Blair is nice too look at :)

I was hoping Derek or the Marine Guy won from the start.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

Blair shoulda been the one to go out of those 4, IMO. I hope It's derek and Brenda in the final. She's been my favorite lady all along.

Agreed, I dont think Blair is good enough yet to compete at the required level. Brenda is hilarious, love hearing her comments! Derek is a good player just catching some bad breaks. I do think he made some dumb choices when he hit those shots into the trees.

Derek could very well be the winner of the show, but from what I've seen, he'll get his ass handed to him every week on the Nationwide tour and will never see the show. I think Blair has the best chance of actually reaching the LPGA tour. Her approach to the game and mental attitude seem more developed than the others.

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

I guess I am in the minority but I think Blair has a lot of game. I think I'd pick her to win at this point because of the flat stick.

Nope, I am with you. I think she has the best game of ALL the females including Gerina and the best chance to win. She has hit more quality shots than anyone, Derek has hit more spectacular shots than anyone and Brenda has hit more timely shots than anyone.

Well, back from Vegas a few dollars poorer but played a lot of golf. While all of you have great points on who should win I'm still going with Brenda. She definitely has the luck of the Irish and a great short game to go with it. Derek, although my early favorite cant hit his driver worth a damn unless the game changes it's name to TREE. Blair has a great chance and will agree that she has the best all around attitude. Don't know why but it does seem that the others don't seem to care for her at all. Lookig forward to next weeks show almost as much as the open.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Note: This thread is 5433 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!