IGNORED

Big Break Prince Edward Island

kleinrider
Note: This thread is 5426 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nope, I am with you. I think she has the best game of ALL the females including Gerina and the best chance to win. She has hit more quality shots than anyone, Derek has hit more spectacular shots than anyone and Brenda has hit more timely shots than anyone.

Gerina finished 15th on the DFT money list as a rookie last year and I think Blair struggled to even play consistently on tour.

In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerina will be missed
Not only is she cute, but she does have game

Brenda is playing w pure luck right now..i really dont think she has skill
it has to run out some time
if Derek can get his chit together off the T, his should be able to win this thing
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Totally didn't see this top 3 coming at all. If I had to guess, I would've bet that it would've been Derek, Aaron and Gerina.

Gerina is a solid player, I'll definitely miss her being on the show. I think she had one of the best mental games on the show, if not the best. Plus the fact that she can outdrive a lot of guys I know was awesome to watch.

Aaron was a real solid player tee to green, not quite sure how he got knocked out to be honest. Other than Blair draining that 50 foot putt, that is. He had so many chances to win in that elimination challenge, I think based on his attitude he would agree that he doesn't deserve to be on the show if he didn't capitalize on one of those matches. Too bad, a good player and a cool story.

On to Brenda. Good Lord, homeslice... I can't say that she's gotten lucky every time, she has stepped up and hit some decent shots when she had to. But for the most part, I don't see the game. Like when she got the #1 seed in the last episode by hitting a pitch shot that landed in the rough and got a superman kick forward, that was crap. But she did beat Derek in the 1st match to become immune. It was a pretty easy match based on the locations they picked, but she still beat arguably the best player to move on to the next show.

I don't think Blair has the short game to compete, but that's not to say she can't win the show, I just haven't been impressed by her game. I won't cry about watching another episode with her in it, she is damn cute.

Derek badly needs a go-to shot off the tee, because I'm sure he isn't always this bad off the tee, but he needs to find something that works temporarily.

Problem with this show is that unlikely players can reach the final shows because it only comes down to a couple of swings or putts a lot of the time. If each elimination challenge was a 9 hole or 18 hole match or stroke play competition, I think we could predict the winner a lot easier.

I do love this show though. Actually my first time watching. Totally looking forward to future seasons already.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

Totally didn't see this top 3 coming at all. If I had to guess, I would've bet that it would've been Derek, Aaron and Gerina.

Unlike the other contestants, I cannot recall a single shot that would lead someone to believe that Blair's short game is her weakness. She has played several quality bunker shots, drained some huge putts including a 50 footer and shown solid touch a few other chip shots. I feel like I am watching a different show.

Unlike the other contestants, I cannot recall a single shot that would lead someone to believe that Blair's short game is her weakness. She has played several quality bunker shots, drained some huge putts including a 50 footer and shown solid touch a few other chip shots. I feel like I am watching a different show.

She has played some clutch shots, I am judging based on technique. She has a bit of an unorthodox follow through that ends abruptly on short shots. It's the kind of technique that would be more likely to break down in very high pressure situations, or at least be difficult to repeat consistent results.

I could be totally wrong and maybe she has practiced so much that it doesn't matter how it looks, but just from a first-impressions standpoint, I watch her technique and doubt its efficiency. Guess I should have clarified that point.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

She has played some clutch shots, I am judging based on technique. She has a bit of an unorthodox follow through that ends abruptly on short shots. It's the kind of technique that would be more likely to break down in very high pressure situations, or at least be difficult to repeat consistent results.

I can see that argument. I love her swing though.

I can see that argument. I love her swing though.

She seems to be insanely flexible. Just watch her follow through.

In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

She seems to be insanely flexible. Just watch her follow through.

Agreed. Like if she ever took a really hard swing at the ball, her arms would just keep going and wrap around her neck.

Pretty solid fundamentals though, obviously.

HMMMM..... Flexable, great looks, can golf.... Anyone have her number? I'm very old, very rich and don't have long to live..(That line usually works.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Does anybody know what the logo on Derek's hat is?

It's from gretzkys bar/restaraunt called 99's

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

I don't mind any of the three left... except...

I know it's been mentioned somewhere on this forum before but what is with the whole "golf shot" thing?

Nice golf shot, great golf shot, superb golf shot. We get it, you aren't playing basketball. I think that Brenda has got to be the biggest offender in this regard.

If I remember correctly, Derek said something about a tough "golf hole" on the last episode. Ooooh right, thanks for clearing that up because I thought you were taking "golf shots" at a donut hole.

That said, really enjoying the show. My first Big Break was X with couples at Michigan. So, this is season 2 for me.
In the bag:
Driver: `09 Launcher (10.5º) w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff
3 Wood: `09 Launcher w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff shaft
3 Hybrid (20.5º): `09 Launcher w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff Shaft
4-PW: CG7 Tour w/ TT Dynamic Gold Stiff Shafts50º (8º Bnce), 56º (14º Bnce), 60º (8º Bnce):

Hi Chappy,

I cant tell if you do or dont like the show.

There isn't enough actual golf on the show for anyone to build a rythem or touch. So, as we look at how the game is played I think that luck has one hell of a lot to do with the outcome. Hence, Brenda will win BB (I think) duh, who really knows?

Anyone found Blair's number yet?

Duffy

Duffy,

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

I love the show Duffy. Just whining about a pet peeve of mine.

I'm working on Blair's number.
In the bag:
Driver: `09 Launcher (10.5º) w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff
3 Wood: `09 Launcher w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff shaft
3 Hybrid (20.5º): `09 Launcher w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff Shaft
4-PW: CG7 Tour w/ TT Dynamic Gold Stiff Shafts50º (8º Bnce), 56º (14º Bnce), 60º (8º Bnce):

Hi Chappy, I'm looking forward to your next post with great anticipation.

Duffy,

HMMMM..... Flexable, great looks, can golf.... Anyone have her number? I'm very old, very rich and don't have long to live..(That line usually works.

I think it's 1-800-Not-for-sale :)

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

wow ... very wow bye brenda, told ya she was lucky ;)

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

getting through a few weeks is lucky, getting to the final 3 takes skill, and brenda has lots of skill. She just had a bad day :shrug

Though I do think the other 2, and Gerina were better players, she was still in the top 5 best players on the show.

Its not like +3 over 9 is a horrible score, and blair had a lucky bounce off that tree that would have lost the match for her if she had been a foot left or right.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Is this show over yet? i cannot watch it because Brenda has a terrible accent.

MacTec 460 Draw Driver
V-Foil M565 Irons
MT 3 Wood
GigaGolf 52deg gap wedge
Wilson 55deg sand wedge MT Don White 60deg Lob wedgeknockoff 2-ball putter

Note: This thread is 5426 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!