IGNORED

Big Break Prince Edward Island

kleinrider
Note: This thread is 5404 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

More Brenda!!! YUMMY!!!! Do tell her I love her!

haha..I will be sure to tell her :)

It was shot last Sept. That can be quite cool in the maritimes in Canada. Avg temp range is 46 to 71 degrees F. So I expect there were some pretty chilly AM's there and don't forget, they start very early and go late. Funny thing, I was in Phoenix last week and it was 50 degrees when we headed out to play on thursday AM. So it's not like they don't get cool weather there. I'm used to that in Canada, but I dress for it too. I only took summer clothes to Arizona assuming hot weather. I froze the first two days. So even us Canucks get wimpy at times ;)

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings all, I hope I can come here every week to rant and rave about the most recent episode. I'm trying to get my wife to watch the show as well, but since she doesn't play much, all she can do is comment on the girls, which is fine by me.

I think the Big Break does what it does best which is putting the contestants in difficult golf-related challenges. If you'll recall when they did the Big Break: Ka'anapali, they started out with an "Amazing Race" type obstacle course which was ok if you wanted to see them run around but it didn't have anything to do with golf.

Anyway, I'm glad to be watching the show along with you all!

909 D2, 9.5 with Matrix Ozik XCon 5
909 F2, 15.5 3W with Matrix Ozik Xcon 5
909 H, 19 & 24 with stock Aldila Voodoo S
AP2, 5-PW with Project X 5.5
CG10, 52 gap wedge CG10, 56 sand wedge Spin Milled, 60 lob wedge Newport 2.5

As soon as the someone starts right away with the false bravado you know they are going to be one of the jerks. He misses a 3 foot putt, chunks out of the sand, pulls an iron into an adjacent fairway and all the time he maintains his jerkatude. If he had made it through, he would have been insufferable the next week.

I am happy about the babes. The Golf Channel knows where that bread is buttered.

My Clubs
Nicklaus Progressive XC Irons: 3H,4H, 5-GW
Ray Cook SW & Gyro 1 Putter
Taylor Made Burner Driver 10.5
Taylor Made V-Steel 3 & 5 MetalsMy Home Course: Indian RiverMy Blog: Rant-o-Rama-Ding-Dong

Oh, come on, you guys are being way too harsh on the guy that went home first. In his introduction, he was quoting from one of the greatest movies of all time: Pumping Iron !!

If you haven't seen the movie (and since nobody caught his reference, I'm assuming no one has), I'm sure that whole beginning sequence made the guy look like a total idiot. But you are all misreading this one! If you haven't seen Pumping Iron, I highly recommend that you Netflix it or something. I think everyone should go and see what California's Governor was like when he was 27 years old. It is one of the most hilarious movies you will ever see.

So he won me over from the word go. However, yea, his cockiness worked against him in the end. I personally hate the Pats, so I don't mind seeing him go, but at the same time, anyone who loves the movie Pumping Iron is a friend of mine!

Clearly you guys are movie buffs!!

Here's the Imdb link to Pumping Iron (1977)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076578/

Here's the Wikipedia link to it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumping_Iron

Alas, not everyone can be entertained by the same thing; but most of you will be happy you rented it.

Back to the show though: This season looks like it's going to be a good one.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Now that I've seen the sand trap part, it wasn't his cockiness that did him in- it was just a few bad swings due to poor focus, I guess. Good first episode though.

EDIT: Actually, now that the show just finished up, this guy made some pretty moronic statements throughout, but at the same time, I thought he was a funny guy and I will miss the entertainment value he brought.

Constantine

Happy the Pats/Sox fan is gone.

totally agree. i wanted that guy gone from the start

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

What a great Title...
"Live By The Driver, Die By Everything Else."
In My Bag:
Driver: R7 Limited Matrix Ozik X-con Stiff
3 Wood: 909F3 Aldila Voodoo Stiff
Irons: AP1 3-PW DG S200
Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 54° NickelWedge: Forged 60°Putter: Rossa Balls: Pro V1XAvatar: Nicklaus North Golf Course, Whistler BC

I don't know too much about the contestants yet but I'm glad the dude that went home tonight was the one. He seemed like an arrogant ass.

Couldn't agree more. The pictures of him swinging in the snow with his back bent over so far was hilarious. I wonder if his love affair with driving will change now that his game was exposed?

Driver: Nike Covert Driver

Irons: Mizuno JPX-825 Pro 5-GW 

Cleveland Mashie 1, 2, 3, & 4 hybrids

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4 Black Nickel 54* & 58*

Putter: Wack-e with super stroke grip

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X

More Brenda!!! YUMMY!!!! Do tell her I love her!

So ApocG10! How do you feel tonight watching your lady-love scramble to victory?

Check out her interview tonight . And did it look cold enough to you? Brenda said they huddled together to keep warm. Golfgal

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

haha, I knew she wouldnt lose to football.

His putting was piss poor during the show. He didnt have much chance 3 putting every hole.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Great interview though. She makes me laugh. A lot.

Even my fiance noticed it while we watched tongiht, haha.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

I've got a huge crush on Gerina.

Brunettes make me weak in the knees.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

I was torn because I thought Football was a cool guy but my heart went with the Irish lass. His putting was god awful though. When you play like he did on those par 3s you can't really complain about going home.

The one guy is just trying to hard to say shocking things. "I wanted to send a message to everyone who ever watches this show that I was here to play." "When my stroke is on, I am the best putter in the world"

Is he 12?

x18 S-4
Lob wedge
Hybore 3 wood
R7 Driver
Shark Head putter (love that old thing)

I was torn because I thought Football was a cool guy but my heart went with the Irish lass. His putting was god awful though. When you play like he did on those par 3s you can't really complain about going home.

I know it sounds bad, but its a great attitude for professional sport.

Maybe he's just an ass, or maybe he's keeping his confidence up. Im a fierce competitor, and on game day, im as cocky and confident as anyone. My fiance makes fun of it, because when its time to compete, im a different person. I have the swagger, my head up, thousand mile stare, and the attitude. When I was a kid, my dad told me, 'no one remembers the losers'... when I got a bit older, he told me, 'winners go home with the prom queen, losers go home'. YOu start to take that to heart after while.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

ApocG10, was your father Reese Bobby?

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

Nike Sasquatch 460 10.5 degree driver Diamana shaft
MP-57 3-pw DG R300 shafts
MX700 Hybrid Cleveland CG14 50 degree wedge Nike SV 56 degree wedgeReid Lockhart 56 degree sandwedge (plays like a 60 degree, hence the two 56 degree wedges) Odyssey...

• Administrator
I was glad to see "Football" go home just so we didn't have to see leaderboards that looked like this:

Pete
Bob
Sam
William "Football"
Derek
Steve

Call him "William" or call him "Football," but don't call him both. It just looked dumb. But I'm a bit of a formatting snob, so...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

ApocG10, was your father Reese Bobby?

Haha.

My dad didnt force me to play hockey, but he pushed me to be the best I could if I was going to play. I've played rather high levels of hockey most of my life, so dedication and motivation were a must. I spent more time on ice than I did in school. But I wanted that. I loved it, and still do. I coach now, and my team is pushed harder than any team in the league im sure. But before they even tryout, I make it clear to parents. This is a AAA hockey team, I dont care that your kid is only eleven or twelve, this is serious, competitive hockey, and if they want to play for fun, there are leagues of lower calibers for them to do that in. Ive got no problem with kids playing hockey for fun, I encourage it. Most of them will never go beyond high school. But for those that want to play at the top levels, you need to train like a big boy to play like a big boy. The likes of Lemieux, Gretzky and Orr, wouldnt have been what they were if they had practiced twice a week and played on the weekend.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

I'm going to have to disagree with you here and say that Brian is by FAR the most arrogant contestant there. Horribly annoying. He hits a great approach in that challenge and was mad at the wind, shaking his head and throwing up grass etc... It was just UGH! I wanted to drop kick him.

Brian was one of the assistant pros at Heron Ridge Golf Club for a brief period. While he was very nice to me, he couldn't seem to get along with the pro staff. He would spend hours in front of the mirror practicing his stance. I mean HOURS....

In my bag:

Driver: 907d2
Fairway: R7 ti 5-Wood
Hybrids: 909H 21 Rescue 4Irons: KZG Forged Evolution 5 - PW w/Rifle 6.0 shaftWedges: 52 Rac & Vokey 58Putter: Studio Select 2Ball: Titleist ProV1xEyes: SG5

Note: This thread is 5404 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!