IGNORED

Big Break Prince Edward Island

kleinrider
Note:Β This thread is 5413 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Me too. But he's a head case. That's not going to make competitive golf easier for him. The dude needs to chill.

Ahh....exactly!!!! The man drains me out with his stress levels....and that annoys the living hek out me....I watch for entertainment, If I want to hang around these stress levels I'll be at work!!!!

As bor Brenda ... the reason her blabbering has not totaly driven me nutz, is that she puts her game where her mouth is. She talks trash, but backs it up. Brian on the other hand, is a good player don't get me wrong, but the nonsence about his shots being "pure" last week... "it was a pure shot, but too long"... "I hit it pure, it just didn't sit" give me a break dude! If you are not making the stroke / swing / contact that you are looking for, you are not hitting "pure" . This is what was driving me insane. It may be that the guy is too hard on himself, but then take ownership of your F-ups, and don't excusses!!!!!!! I do have to agree with someone else's comments regarding the cast...tey overall are a pretty interesting bunch.
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Skatell maintains that he is β€œa 36 year-old with the body of a 27 year-old.”

These are exactly the kind of comments that make me grind my teeth when Brian talks. It's nothing more than self loathing.

His comment about how the other contestants should "thank him" for eliminating Nicole and whoever else he eliminated(Kim I think?) is downright ridiculous. He was in elimination because he didn't play good enough, he makes it sound like he went there on purpose to eliminate Kim and now the people that won immunity should bow down to him. What does he think that they wanted him in elimination because nobody else could eliminate Kim? That's what he eludes to with comments like that. Wouldn't be surprised if he compared himself to Tiger next week. I don't know the guy personally(and judging from GolfGal's comments he is a nice guy) so I'm not going to go as far as to say I don't like him, it's just that people who put themselves on a totem pole annoy me. Being humble is a good trait, too bad fewer and fewer people have it nowadays. So if you ever read this Brian, don't take it personally, your personality just clashes with mine.

Β - Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17Β | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Β 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

... Being humble is a good trait, too bad fewer and fewer people have it nowadays...

Hey shortstop ... i suck and I know it!

Just kidding I am damn good...better than Brian, it just that I have never been giving the opportunity to beat him LOL (Also JK) I think I'm getting addicted to this portal, as much as golf....this could be a problem!!!
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

Brian is absolutely hilarious to watch/listen to. I was pulling so hard for him in the elimination challenge just because I want him on this show. He brings a lot to this season.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

That was quite a show. Dereks two shots were amazing. Once in a lifetime.

I was kinda sad to see Brian go :/

One of the best shows so far though.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Brian clearly has OCD + personality disorder and possibly more complex issues, which is both entertaining and concerning. He seems to be delusional with thoughts of grandeur.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2Β  AD333

i find Brian hilarious. his antics are top notch. would love to see more of this guy in golf. As for Derek's first immunity challenge. holy balls. it was amazing.

Brian is absolutely hilarious to watch/listen to. I was pulling so hard for him in the elimination challenge just because I want him on this show. He brings a lot to this season.

haha...I'm with you iWALK18!

Brian was/is a character and I really don't think we see the "real Brian". I keep saying it, but the other contestants love him! And if you watch really really hard, you'll see that he is a card - constantly laughing and joking with the others. What I loved tonight was seeing Aaron LOL when he hit the wall. I wasn't sure if he had emotions. It was great to see and I loved tonight's show, beginning to end, except Brian leaving. That was sad and next week will be hard to top this week's show... I started my interviews with Brenda again tonight, and as always, she was a hoot... Mike Michaelides offered interesting analysis of Aaron's 13th hole.. Tomorrow I'll chat with Derek, Gerina,Blair and of course, Brian. He will be missed.

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

Dereks comment that Brian was one of the greatest guys he ever met at the very end of the show was suprising though.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

I am sorry to see Brian go in a way because he was very entertaining although he was getting a little more than annoying last night. The constant talk of his game being superior and his building up of his skills was getting ridiculous. Not to mention calling Aaron a choker countless times kind of made you want to root against him. I also noticed Brian's swing on the range was nice and fluid (whose isn't?) and then some of the approach shots he hit were nothing less than choppy and not at all smooth. But again, I still think of creative editing of his comments, not to mention that the other folks on BB have said Brian is a good guy.

Derek's 0 feet 0 inches shot was just utterly amazing too. Glad to see Gerina not go, I would love to see it come down to her and Derek as I think that would be good show.

Looking forward to Golfgal's interviews today too.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

i find Brian hilarious. his antics are top notch. would love to see more of this guy in golf. As for Derek's first immunity challenge. holy balls. it was amazing.

Me too. Typical case of a guy who thinks he is better than he is. Not that he isn't a good player, but give me a break.

My favorite Brian quote: "I'm much better than a lot of tour players...MUCH better."

Me too. Typical case of a guy who thinks he is better than he is. Not that he isn't a good player, but give me a break.

Actually Brian is a good putter and his comment about being much better was in reference to his putting talents, not his whole golf game. But still...I'd never say that out loud even if I thought it about myself. ;)

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

• Administrator

Some random thoughts.

I think it stink that Aaron basically put he and Brian in the elimination challenge. First he hits the wall, then he three-putts from, what, 30 feet? He hit a good second flop shot, but that didn't make up for his two horrible shots. What kind of aspiring pros hit the ball into the woods on what looked to be a fairly wide open par five? What kind of par five leaves you only 150 yards after you hack out sideways after hitting into the trees? How do you get to 380 doing that? In the cold? How crappy is the putting we've seen - particularly from Brian and Aaron? I'm getting tired of the whole "Big Break" premise. If you had good pros, you'd watch to see the occasional bad shot. Instead, we are watching to see the occasional good shot, and they're pros!?!?! I think at this point I'd rather watch a bunch of single digit handicappers competing for cash - or maybe even for a "once in a lifetime golf trip" or something - because then we'd see some horrible golf with the occasional great shot thrown in (but at least we could relate to them). This show is one you can't relate to at all: pros hitting crappy shots with the occasional so-so shot and the once-a-season great shot? Puh-lease. If you didn't know Brian was going home after the interviews last week and the promo for this week's show, you aren't very observant. Aaron is one of the most boring people alive. Brian's constant "choke" comments, though probably intended as self-deprecating, didn't come off that way at all. Especially when he choked too - the three-putt, the horrible long approach on that multi-tiered green (the first hole), etc. I'm glad they at least played golf. But, c'mon, what were they: +3 and +4? +2 and +3? Something like that. How is that good golf? Don't gimme the whole "pressure" angle - cripes. These are people that want to play professional golf, after all. If they can't handle eight people and three cameras, they should switch day jobs instantly.
Actually Brian is a good putter and his comment about being much better was in reference to his putting talents, not his whole golf game.

Good putters don't three-putt from inside of 15 feet for bogey when their opponent is in with double bogey. I read the bit about Brian's various illnesses and how little time he had to actually prepare for the show, but putting isn't one of those kinds of skills like the full swing.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Brian said Aaron "choked" on his shot(which landed on the green mind you) and right before that Brian plugged his shot into the bunker. It just doesn't make any sense. Something about that guy is not right. Sometimes I wonder if he's watching a different show than we are.

Β - Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17Β | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Β 

Some random thoughts.

couldnt agree more!

i was actually telling my wife the same thing last night I thought these were "pro's"?? i am no pro golfer, merely a 7 HCP or so....in high school i was a scratch, thought i could make a career out of it...life happened..anyways, i agree, we need to see better players on this show....or maybe i should try out!!?? hahah
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Brian clearly has OCD + personality disorder and possibly more complex issues, which is both entertaining and concerning. He seems to be delusional with thoughts of grandeur.

Sad to say, but this might have a ring of truth to it. But... All competitive athletes that are successful have a deep seated belief in their abilities, and to be the best you must believe you are the best. Nicklaus said once said something about his putting to the effect that he never missed a putt or they never went anywhere but where he was intending them to go, or something like that.... I do wish I could remember what it was he had said, as my paraphrasing does not do it justice. But it was an interesting remark that illustrated his belief in his abilities. With Brian gone, the show will be much more dull! We'll miss you Brian!

WTIB:
Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5Β° Scads of shafts - now: Kai'li 63 stiff
Tour Edge Exotics 3 & 5 FW
Callaway X-22 Tour irons
Bobby Jones 3 & 4 hybridsRife Abaco/Odyessy Black Series i9 puttersWith a few more hangin' around

I think Brian is much more cunning that any of us give him credit for. He's smart enough to realize that those outrageous statements he makes results in him getting a LOT of attention. Skill wise he might have been one of the weaker golfers but his interviews were the best. You just never knew what insanity was going to come out of his mouth. I personally liked his insistence that he was super long off the tee, particularly since he was out driven on every hole I saw him play.

There must have been a side of him that we didn't see that the other golfers on the show must have because they clearly liked him despite him saying some pretty uncomplimentary things.

On pure talent I think Alex is the best and his performance under pressure shows that he has the whole package. Eugene's a nice guy but has one of the most spastic swings I've ever seen.

As for the ladies I think Gerina may be the strongest but not by a lot. Regardless I hope she sticks around cause she sure is easy on the eyes. :)

"Never follow a bad shot with a stupid shot"

In my
Rapture 9.0
Rapture 3w Tight Lies A3KZG CBII irons with Rifle shafts 52 & 56 wedges White Hot 2 ball ProV

Note:Β This thread is 5413 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!