IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3211 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

working on hitting whatever shot i have in front of me at the time...
not worrying about the crap shot i just hit...
not worrying about the next shot...
one shot at a time...

also working on controlling my shot shapes
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

working on hitting whatever shot i have in front of me at the time...
not worrying about the crap shot i just hit...
not worrying about the next shot...
one shot at a time...

also working on controlling my shot shapes
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I have a bad habbit of pulling out of the swing, which leads to fat shots or worse full chunks. If I can consistantly keep my head down thru my swing, I could save several strokes a round.

I am pretty consistant of the tee and usually find the fairway at a reliable distance. My putting has been getting better as of late too. My biggest problem is not chunking my approach shot.

Working on two things actually. Tempo because I tend to get a litte quick and really working on taking the club away to the inside. I have been killing the ball and really hitting it square, but I have been terrorized by a high fade for a few weeks now. I think I'm taking it back too far to the outside and thats making swing inside the ball, pulling it and producing a fade...

In my bag:
Driver - Callaway X 460 Tour stiff, 3 Wood - Callaway Diablo 15° stiff, 7 Wood - Callaway Diablo 21° stiff, Irons - Ping Zing black dots 5-SW regular steel, Putter - Ping Anser, Ball - Titleist Pro V1, Bag - Callaway X22 Red stand bag, Shoes - Nike Air Zoom Elite II bronze

Working (or rather, going to work tomorrow) on having a "soft left knee" in my downswing when teeing of. Instead of bringing my weight down on it and pushing down on my left foot on the downswing, for some reason I tend to stretch it a little, thus raising my upper body a bit and topping the ball. Don't seem to have that problem when the ball isn't tee-ed up though...

G.

In my ⬠49.95 bag :

Driver : Euhm... not there yet, but hopefully getting closer
Woods : Superfast Burner 3 Wood 15°
i4-PW : CG GoldGW : 252.08SW : CG12 56°Putter : Rossa Suzuka 35"Balls : Gold FX Long

Chipping and pitching. My long game and overall ball striking has been really great but my chipping and pitching has suffered and costing me right now. At least the putter is good.

I missed 8 GIR's due to poor pitching a few days ago. I blame it on an injury I shouldn't have been playing with (and I'm resting now for a couple weeks) but my pitching was just bad. Anything between 50 and 120 yards was trash. My distances were off due to this injury so whatever. But it was just bad and I haven't been practicing it much.

I have been working on my driver. I have a Cleveland Launcher 10.5. I was getting the balloon effect off the tee, with a bad slice. About 2 months ago I switched from the Nike Vapor to the Bridgestone e6+. Both are great balls, but the Bridgestone has helped keep the ballooning to a minimum.
Recently, I have closed down my stance on the tee box. Originally, I had a wider base with the ball in line with my front foot. I have seen amazing results by shortening my base (only off the box). My ball is flying straighter and with a lower ball flight.
Any other recommendations are welcomed!

I'm not entirely sure how to phrase this, but I'm working on pre-setting my hips, in order to encourage a turn (vs slide). Essentially, I'm now setting up to the ball, making a minor turn with my hips, then doing what I used to do for my swing. The results - and it's only been two days - have been positive: my hooks are less, especially with the longer clubs. And my drives have gone from neutering the short stop to high and reasonably far (for me). I play on Wednesday, and we'll see if this holds up.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Working on hitting whatever shot i have in front of me at the time, I just want to get better at every aspect of my game, And try to enjoy a tough game, This game is so fustrating at times, and need to learn to slow down my backswing also, It seem to all start there for me? I Love This Game, wish i would of started when i was younger, but enjoy it more everytime i play, Need to work on getting My Wife out, so i can play more.....

My latest is to stare really hard and focus on a spot, then visualize what the swing, and ball flight will look like, and allow my hands to understand their role. The trick is to remember the spot and relax in the back and down swing. DON'T EVER TRY TO KILL IT, it will do you no good!

909D2 - 10.5º
909 F2 3 wood15º
AP 2 3-PW PX 5.5
52º Black Nickle and 60º oil can Both Spin Milled
reg 588 56º White Ice Rossie Z Star Tour YELLOWSG3

I have not been able to play or practice as much as I normally do. My playing time has averaged only 9 holes a week, in a golf league. In the past, I have practiced at least once a day, weather permitting. This golf season, I have practiced only once a week. Because of this, I have not been as consistent as in the past, and my 9 hole scores have fluctuated between 36 and 45. In the past, my range was 33 to 39.

This past week, I did double sessions of practice every day to prepare for the Fall season. Last weekend, I played in tournaments on Saturday and Sunday, and my scores were OK, but I noticed that I was more sore than normal in the shoulders, arms, and legs. I overdid the practice. I tried to get too much practice time done in too short a time. That does not work.

Good golf requires practice, but it must be done on a regular basis. Therefore, I took two days off, and will now practice on a daily basis and avoid overdoing it for the rest of our season, which ends in the next two months.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Ball striking, Iron play, and putting.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Ball striking, Iron play, and putting.

You could have just said "everything".

- DN

- DN
Sun Mountain C-130 Bag - Titanium
Ping G10 Irons PW-5
Ping G10 Driver
Ping G10 21 and 24 HybridsPing G15 17 HybridScotty Newport 2 Button BackTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 52 (8), 56 (14), and 60 (4)Titleist ProV1Backspin Buddy Groove Sharpener (yes, it works great)Adidas 360 Ltd.

Due to life and other annoyances, I haven't played since the mid 90's. I am 52 and went to the driving range this past Sunday and was surprised how much my swing hasn't changed. I was reminded on Monday morning that their were a few muscles I hadn't used in a while. I will be heading back out to the range today with a new set of Adams Irons. (no driver or 3 wood today)

Film at 11.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

Due to life and other annoyances, I haven't played since the mid 90's. I am 52 and went to the driving range this past Sunday and was surprised how much my swing hasn't changed. I was reminded on Monday morning that their were a few muscles I hadn't used in a while. I will be heading back out to the range today with a new set of Adams Irons. (no driver or 3 wood today)

Good luck. It sounds as if you have a fundamentally sound swing, and it will come back to you.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Note: This thread is 3211 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!