IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3359 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A few things that i've been working on...
1) I've really been strengthening the core muscles and just working out everyday. I've put myself on a EAS myoplex routine and i've got to say, I like what I'm seeing.
2) On the range, I've really been working on my accuracy with the longer clubs such as my driver, 3 & 5 wood, and the longer irons. Of course, I continue to practice, practice, practice with the lower irons and wedges. Let's not forget putting.
3)Also, I'm just going through a really hard time right now. You see, there's this blonde chick, and there's this brunette (both are drop dead gorgeous). I'm just working really hard on both of them right now. Ahhhh, college....

In my bag

907 D2 Driver
904 F2 3 & 5 Wood
ZM Forged 4-9 Irons wedges 52 Spin Milled 48, 56, 60 Newport 2 putter 35"

I'm currently trying to fix a slice with my irons.
I can hit my driver very well (over 250 yards) but when I get to my next shot I can't do anything.

It used to be the other way around.
I couldn't hit my driver at all and had good iron shots.

I guess I need a lesson or two to fix this.
Maybe shorten my swing

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I was working on all sorts of crap. Now I'm just working on getting my downswing sequencing correct. Everything else seems incidental now. With putting, I'm working on staying hot. Literally, it feels warm and quiet when I start putting well. Not a lot of work on chipping. That's not a part of my game that's holding me back at the moment. Maybe when I drop a few strokes....

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

I'm practicing my putting stroke the most, followed by 8i down full approach shots. I'm striking the ball reasonably consistently but my direction control is poor.

1) Hands ahead of clubface at impact.....no scooping!
2) Eliminate a slight chicken wing by keeping left elbow pointing down after impact.
3) practicing putting 1hr a day.

I don't know if it works for everyone, but I have been thinking.... left hand knuckles down and through the ball at impact. It has helped with compressing the ball better, and has help with the scoop!

In My Callaway Warbird Stand Bag

Driver: Burner 9.5#
Fairway Wood: Burner 15*
Hybrid: Sumo 18*Hybrid: 22*Irons: :AP1 4-PW Rifle 5.5Wedges: G12 52,56,60Putter: C 67

* Getting good hand drop - with left-hand lead - on downswing.

* Achieving better lag going into hitting area.

(Yes, I know: The two are closely linked together).

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've gotten tired of unpredictable hooks and have been working on developing a consistent power fade for several months. The occasional majestic high draw that runs forever just isn't enough compensation for frequently missing fairways and being in a heap of hurt. During today's round, I did not miss a single fairway. This is a much better way to play golf.

1) Developing 3/4 swing to tighten the circle I aim for, dropping distance on every iron by 10 yards at the same time.

2) Develop reliable FW Wood and hybrid swing to stretch out over a longer range of distance (see above not where irons are being shortened, need more range with woods/hybrids to make up for that)

3) Put Driver in the fairway more often

End goal is to increase GIR's from 5-6 per round up to 9 - 10 per round.

Similar to pendlebg's (1), I'm working on keeping a smoother tempo and swinging easier to up my consistency. On the range I too often end up just naturally taking a 100%+ swing every time, and this leads to developing some bad habits that try to correct the mistakes that stem from over-swinging.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Im working on Putting and to stop bad contact with irons-driver.

Whats In the Bag?
Hibore XL Fujikura Gold Regular Shaft
GT Tight Lies 2 3 wood
A30S 2 Iron Hybrid Prolaunch Platinum Stiff
G5 3 Hybrid Prolaunch Blue Stiff Zing irons 4-PW Dynamic Golf S300 Eye 2 Sand Wedge J33 Lob Wedge Pro V1PGA Brand T-Line Putter/ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2

Those shots from 20-40 yards that aren't chips and aren't quite pitches. I can get them to 8-10 feet consistently, but I want half that. This is my winter project.

I hit plastic balls in my backyard every day so I don't lose the feeling of how my swing works.

I also hit 2-6 foot putts every day in my back room.

Working on the S&T.; Just in the beginning stages but have already seen some better ball striking at the range. Just in time for winter in New England.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

I'm working on my left handed short game.

I'm a lefty who has always played right handed, other than putting, until the spring when I bought a left handed set of irons. I hoped to transition to playing lefty throughout but it's been considerably more difficult than I estimated. My full swing lefty is too short and flawed. Frustrating. But my chipping technique came around quickly so I purchased a 52, 56 and 60 to go along with the 3-PW. Now my favorite shot is a lefty pitch and run. It seems so effortless and passive compared to right handed chip shots, where the back of my left hand wants to turn one way or the other. I can't believe how many tap ins I'm getting.

I'm sick if I land in a greenside bunker because I haven't been able to figure that out lefty. My current setup is right handed until PW. I carry a lefty 52 and 60 but the righty 56 to use out of the sand.

I realize it sounds ridiculous, and believe me I've received some strange looks and pathetic attempts at jokes from guys I've been paired with, but so far my scores have been improving slightly due to improved chipping. The lefty 60 degree lob wedge has been surprisingly effective. I'm working on improving my range. So far I'm competent from maybe 30-40 yards in, but beyond that I'll resort to the righty 56 and maybe open it up.

Bottom line: I wish I had always played lefty, period. This is like teaching an old dog new tricks.

Note: This thread is 3359 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!