IGNORED

Best Sounding Club

Note: This thread is 5334 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What do you guys think is the best sounding club?

Roxbury.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Love it or hate, but I loved the sound of my old Callaway FT-I driver! (bracing for impact)

Taylormade BSF 2.0 9.5° Driver

2011 Burner 3 Wood

2007 Burner TP 5 Wood
Taylormade Burner Superfast 2.0 Irons
09 Spin Milled Vokeys- 46°, 52°, 58° Wedges CG-14 60° Wedge Odyssey Black Series i #1 Putter

I really like the sound of the Sumo2.

I used to see a guy everytime I went to the range (about a year ago for about 3 months straight) and he had an amazing sounding driver, had more of what I would liken to a "classic sound". Didnt sound Like any of the new stuff I have heard.
Never foudn out what it was though.

i love my drivers sound its so ugly, when you hit the sweetspot it has a huge bang it realy turns heads

In My Colonial Cart Bag
Driver: Big Ben CS3 9.5 Neutral
Woods: F60 3&5
Irons: BH5 Offset Model
Wedges: Sureout WedgesPutter: Karsten Zing USABalls: Z

Nothing will ever match the sound of a persimmon driver hit right on the screws..........anyone remember when they still had screws?!

Second place, a perfect greenside bunker shot.

If you're asking about modern metal drivers......I'll just pass.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The callawy ft-9 is a pretty nice sounding club. But for me, the sound my putter makes when I pure one is the best sound.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Titleist drivers have a best sound.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

For woods (driver, 3 wood, 5 wood ) I gotta say Taylormade. For iron is Mizuno

Driver TP Burner 8.5* Stiff
3 Wood SQ 15* stiff
5 Wood SQ 19* stiff
Irons MP 67 (3-PW) stiff
Wedge 52* and 56* stiffPutter Mtisushiba Ball

What do you guys think is the best sounding club?

the one that has my playing partner's voice yelling god*amnit! after contact is made.

they can only be found in his bag

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

Nothing will ever match the sound of a persimmon driver hit right on the screws..........

I second this one, real persimmon wood compressing a balata-covered wound ball. Nothing will ever quite match it, except perhaps the sound of real metal spikes on concrete or asphalt.

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers 1897-1935

Just got the G10 and it has the most crisp metal wood sound. Not too hollow or clanky just perfect.

My Mizuno irons have the "sound of feel" just like they say. I love the sound when that forged steel strikes the ball crisp.

:taylormade: R9 9.5d with Fujikura Motore 65 Stiff
ss-07 13deg 3 wood Graphite Design Purple Ice 85-S
Md-17 1i/4w UST V2 Tour Hybrid X
A3 Pro 20 Tour Prototype Mitsubishi Javln X
MP 57 4,5,6 Project X 6.5 MP 67 7,8,9 Project X 6.5 Vokey 200 series 48d Project X satin 6.5/ Vokey 09SMTC 54.11...

Any cleanly hit iron sound blows away the banging noise of a driver.

The Sticks:
Cobra S2 9.5| Nike Sasquatch 3 Wood | Cobra Baffler Hybrid | 4i & 5i Titleist AP2 | 6i-PW Titleist ZM MB | Ping Tour Wedges |
Scotty Cameron California Monterey | ProV1x | NIKE Carry Bag |

Any cleanly hit iron sound blows away the banging noise of a driver.

When I saw the thread title I immediately thought "what driver sounds best" but I definitely believe a well stroked iron (the one you know is going exactly where you wanted it without looking up) sounds great. After that its the pure putt.

I disagree fully with the Sumo sounding good. That thing sounds like a beercan on a stick.

Ben Hogan is my swing coach.

Driver: Burner TP
3 & 5 Woods: No-name
3H:No-name4i-PW: MP-32...unapologetically...You should try blades, too56*: CG12Putter: Spider

I disagree fully with the Sumo sounding good. That thing sounds like a beercan on a stick.

i thought it was more like a frying pan on a stick.... i played with a guy who had a 37cc titliest driver, and it sounded great

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

The THWACK of persimon was pretty special. So is a well struck iron. I must say I do love the crazy oil can like sound my FT-i makes. Also, my Sonartec 3-wood makes a sound I have never heard from a 3-wood berfore... not sure if it's the driving cavity or what, but it is unique (lound and pingy, but not hollow.... if that makes any sense).

I would have to agree that the funniest sounds are often the after impact noices of cussing and clubs flying through the air via someone else.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Note: This thread is 5334 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!