IGNORED

Best Sounding Club

Note: This thread is 5363 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Although 99 out of 100 people hate the sound of my Cobra driver, I love it!

Hollow, tinny & LOUD!

I like the fact that it gets in the head of my playmates, especially on those days when I'm striping it!

It brings to mind a college baseball game with the aluminum bats. If it weren't mine, I'd probably hate the noise too....

A well struck blade is the best sound to me.

In my freestyle:
Driver: 10.5* G5 with UST V2
F.W. wood: 16* retro raylor with Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold
Irons: i5 3-pw. Stiff cs lite shafts
Wedges: 8620 51*, 56*, and 60* Putter: classics 1 34""Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Although 99 out of 100 people hate the sound of my Cobra driver, I love it! Hollow, tinny & LOUD! I like the fact that it gets in the head of my playmates, especially on those days when I'm striping it! It brings to mind a college baseball game with the aluminum bats. If it weren't mine, I'd probably hate the noise too....

Oh god...i just want to spray you with mace now...those things are just awful sounding...lol
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

a well struck iron but a close second my new Cleveland Launcher when hit on the sweet spot...or a solid big bertha off the tee is nice too...crisp and clean

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

I just recently got a Sumo2 5900 and it sounds so different from any other driver. Nothing compared to my Taylormade r7 460 lol

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

I second this one, real persimmon wood compressing a balata-covered wound ball. Nothing will ever quite match it, except perhaps the sound of real metal spikes on concrete or asphalt.

Absolutely!!!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing the other day while out enjoying my round. I thought of how odd my current driver sounds compared to the clubs of yesterday. I also was admiring a couple of the new bridges that have been installed on our course....somewhat like the bridges at the Augusta National GC. One of the thoughts I had was how these bridges would never have the marks of spikes over them.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I gotta give a nod to the titleist 585h. Best sounding club I've ever hit (didn't play in the persimmon/balata days). Other than that, probably a flop shot out of the sand or a putt with a scotty cameron blade.

In my stand bag:
909D3 with 10.5 degrees of loft and a 45 inch Fujikura Rombax 6Z08, x-flex
909F3 15* with a stock Diamana Blue
FT 18* with an Aldila NV
X-forged ('07), 3-PW with Project X 6.0 CG12, 53/11, and 58* with DSG Red X2, 33"All with Lamkin Crossline Full Cord. (except the putter of...

The Cobra are loud...
But I like one of the other responders like the Hogan CS-3 Drivers.
Sound differs from sweet spot to mishit...
Sweet Spot sound announces to the foursome you smoked it!
Really makes you smile !

Driver :T Edge CB-1 or Cally Mini Driver 14* or GBB 11*
Tour Edge CB2 15* 3 wood (Best Club Ever!)

Callaway XR 5Wood (New BCE!)

Hybrids: Nike SQ 23*  Tour Edge 28*

Irons: TMade RAC  7-PW   T Flight 56 SWedge
Putter: Odyssey 2 Ball Blade, SStroke flatside to hole

my buddy's cobra l4v is the best sounding one Ive heard in person at least

In My 2007 ogio.gif Edge Bag:
taylormade.gif07 Burner 9.5* S Driver
taylormade.gif08 Burner 3 wood
taylormade.gifRAC OS Irons 4-PW
vokey.gif56* Wedge taylormade.gifrac 60* satin wedgeodyssey.gifWhite Hot Tour #1Started playing January 2009, best round thus far: 82

I love the sound of a pured iron

Funnies sounding club i've ever heard was a friend of my fathers had a driver with four holes through it. The thing would sound like a slide wistle everytime he hit it. Cracked me up every time

Titleist 14 way stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3
3wood: Titleist 910f
hybrid: Ping I20
4-Gw: Ping I20

56 Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM4

60 Wedge: Cleveland CG10

Putter: Scotty Cameron California Fastback

driver- I LIKE the L4Vx sound.. lets everyone else know that you just murdered a ball
FW- really liked the 906F4..
Hybrid- 585H.. best sound of anything thats not an iron.
Iron- MP-67 :) so glad i bought them
wedge-cally x forged. Sounds soft.
putter- Circa 62#1.
Ball? Tour I.

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

The old Ping Tisi has one of the best driver sounds.

I had one of these gems when they first came out. OMG was that thing a monster. To date...the best drives of my life came with that club. I felt like a long drive champ with that stick.....at that time.

You just brought back some great golf memories.....hopefully I'll hit some inspired drives on my round today. It did sound like a cannon when it was flushed. I'll back up a bit, though and second DavefromFL's comments, though. Nothing sounded better than a persimmon wood smashing a balata ball or a nice forged wedge spanking a ball.....miss those sounds. We may see the balata typed balls return soon.....the groove rules are leave the pros lacking spin......it's gotta come from somewhere.....pressue is back on the ball to deliver it.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Note: This thread is 5363 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!